hi cap magazine ban

Guest just_me

• Moderators
“Who needs these? The answer is sports shooters,” responds Mark Walters, co-author of "Lessons from Armed America" and host of a syndicated radio show “Armed American Radio." “For example, if you were target shooting or practicing for an upcoming (shooting competition), it’s nice not to have to change magazines on a regular continual basis."

I really wish everyone could be more upfront about high capacity magazines. It's nice to have high capacity magazines because the band guys could have high capacity magazines. If you consider high capacity magazines to be good only for slaughtering lots of people, are you concerned that cops have them? If not, then what is the difference between a cop having one and a law abiding citizen with good intentions having one? 

• Like 1
I really wish everyone could be more upfront about high capacity magazines. It's nice to have high capacity magazines because the band guys could have high capacity magazines. If you consider high capacity magazines to be good only for slaughtering lots of people, are you concerned that cops have them? If not, then what is the difference between a cop having one and a law abiding citizen with good intentions having one? 

Can't argue with that. Makes sense to me.

Because cops have that magic badge that makes anything they do or say perfect.

Requiring small cap mags makes as much sense as requiring car makers to put 3 gallon tanks in all cars to limit drunk drivers. Commuters could just carry spare gas cans. To me, the one is as idiotic as the other.

My high capacity magazines capacity are about 4 to 5! Seriously. Finally the government recognizes it.

A few years back, we received a notice from an airline, that if we do not use our sky miles soon, we would lose them. Wife and I decided to take advantage of an insert and advertisement to use your miles for magazine subscriptions. So we subscribed to the most common ones, People, Sports Illustrated, Time, Wall Street Journal, some cat magazine, some dog magazine, a horse magazine, and many more. She even made a mistake in ordering the People magazine in Spanish by mistake, you would think its based upon the english version, but no, it was based upon Mexico and South America stars. Anyway, when these magazines started rolling in, we thought cool. Then they really started rolling in, rolling in, and rolling in. They started piling up, piling up, and piling up. Working people cannot read that many magazines. You can only poop so many times, and the length of time you spend in the bathroom has time limits or should. So after a year, we stopped the madness. Today, we only have 3-4 max, and 3 of the 4 are gun related. Oh, the mailman still will not wave to us, I think that made him mad that we had so much mail and magazines.

So the moral of the story, thank goodness the government agrees with my family, there should be a capacity on the number of magazines you have (the periodicals kind!). :rofl:

• Like 1

The logic involved in the ban of high-cap magazines is truly mind boggling.

It is as if politicians are saying, "It's ok to kill up to 10 people, but no more.  10 is where we draw the line."  

• Moderators

Was doing some pondering about magazines today (while playing Black Ops 2 online). 

Assuming that you are using your firearm to send bullets towards another human being, the only time magazine capacity matters is if you are being confronted. A single shot or bolt action rifle could be used to slaughter literally HUNDREDS of unarmed people if they couldn't defend themselves. If an active shooter isn't confronted with violence, he has all the time in the world to manipulate his single shot rifle or shotgun. However, place that active shooter up against an armed opposer with a high capacity magazine, the high capacity magazine shines in its ability to provide quick follow up shots. 

Active shooters will always be able to take extra firearms, or extra magazines. It makes no difference from an active shooter standpoint if he has a single shot rifle or an AR-15 with multiple 30 round magazines if he faces no confrontation.