M1A or AR10 ?

lshel

I am trying to deside on an AR10: Bushmaster ORC in 16" ($1399 last inventory) , DPMS in 20" ($1002 last inventory), RRA LAR-8 in 20" ($1224 last inventory)  or Armalite AR10 20" ($1650 last inventory).  I asume a 20" barrel will give more velocity and accuracy. I know Armalite only uses their mags.  M1a loaded w/composite stock, carbon 22" barrel ($1701 last inventory). Which of the listed would be best for money?

Edited by lshel
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of those the armalite uses its own mags ( as you stated), the RRA uses FAL mags, and the bushmaster and dpms use magpul pattern mags. The 20" barrel will give more velocity but not much more accuracy at the cost of maneuverability. I would choose a DPMS with 16" barrel if it is available.
Guest BikerBeast
I have a Springfield Armory M1A Socom 16.

The muzzle compensator is so effective that there is essentially no recoil -- it's as if it's almost negative recoil, the compensator almost pulls the gun away from your shoulder.

A lot of rifles go "Bang!"

With it's short barrel, a SOCOM 16 goes "B A N G ! !"  It'll turn heads on an outdoor range.

If you want to intimidate rioters, thugs and other adversaries -- the look, bark and bite of a SOCOM will do it.

I agree I have a SOCOM II you get the power and dependability plus the rails

I agree I have a SOCOM II you get the power and dependability plus the rails

I have a regular M1A and wish it was the Scout version.  For me, the 18" bbl is the best of both worlds.  Long enough to be accurate and keep the velocity up, but short enough to easily carry and handle.  I've considered sending it off to have a scout length barrel installed.  I also considered an AR 10, but decided since I already have the M1A and several mags, I might as well keep it instead.