Petition to deport Piers Morgan

Guest just_me

[quote name='wewoapsiak' timestamp='1356304825' post='867290']Funny, browsing reddit today and it turns out even the Brits don't want him back.[/quote] I actually lol after reading that

55000 plus at 10PM

Something I didn't know - this pussbucket was fired as editor to a newspaper in Britain for faking photos of Brit troops abusing Iraqis.

I agree that First Amendment rights are as important as 2A - but they don't trump. 

55000 plus at 10PM

Something I didn't know - this pussbucket was fired as editor to a newspaper in Britain for faking photos of Brit troops abusing Iraqis.

I agree that First Amendment rights are as important as 2A - but they don't trump. 

You know, one would think the media as pro 1st amendment as they are would understand defending any right. I know all of us are fans of having the 1st amendment.
I just read where he thought it was funny when it first caught his attention. He doesn't think it's so funny now.

He is probably concerned about his job. If the public does not like a news person they get replaced. He is probably concerned his boss is taken notice.

For those keeping score, 68,321

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/9765807/Deport-Piers-Morgan-over-views-on-gun-control-petition-urges.html

He added: "If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?"

Sounds like he is country shopping now. Sounds like he doesn't want to go to the UK. Edited by vontar
He is probably concerned about his job. If the public does not like a news person they get replaced. He is probably concerned his boss is taken notice.

For those keeping score, 68,321

Heard on talk radio that his numbers are 500k for the entire show, and that a show of his availability should be a minimum of 2.5-3 million. the talk show was on an am station on Sunday and they were laughing about it cause their numbers were running 500k every 30 minutes, and during the weekdays they were 2 mil+

The only way a show can be measured is by how many people watch it, and the only way you can impact it is to never watch it, even for just a second. Don't watch it out of spite or curiosity because your tv will pop up on their system and count you as a viewer no matter the intent behind it.

He probably doesn't - for a couple reasons.  He can't get a journalism job there because of the frameup he tried to pull on British troops, and he might face more investigation into the cellphone hacking issue they had going on there.

And from comments on the web, pretty clear the Brits don't want him back.

Nobody who has seen the interview can claim he was interested in a dialogue, he plainly wanted only an opportunity to scream.  Not very good behaviour for someone who is a guest in our country.

The only way a show can be measured is by how many people watch it, and the only way you can impact it is to never watch it, even for just a second. Don't watch it out of spite or curiosity because your tv will pop up on their system and count you as a viewer no matter the intent behind it.

The measuring of how many people watch a show is still beyond me in most cases.

Example I have direct TV, My box is not connected to a phone line and they say these dishes do not broadcast so how can they tell what show I am watching?
Shows over the airwaves? no way that I know of to measure how many tune in.

I know it used to be measured by viewer feedback, almost like polls. Get a small sample and do math to estimate a total.

However in his case I never watch it.
The measuring of how many people watch a show is still beyond me in most cases.

Example I have direct TV, My box is not connected to a phone line and they say these dishes do not broadcast so how can they tell what show I am watching?
Shows over the airwaves? no way that I know of to measure how many tune in.

I know it used to be measured by viewer feedback, almost like polls. Get a small sample and do math to estimate a total.

However in his case I never watch it.

Your box sends a signal back the way you recieve signal no matter what they say about broadcasting. Cable works the same way. As to how OTA works, I think that's where the math comes in.

Major Ashley-Pitt: 
"In our experience, Americans are uncouth misfits
  who should be run out of their own barbaric country."

Matthew Quigley: 
"Well, Lieutenant..."

Major Ashley-Pitt: 
"Major."

Matthew Quigley: 
"Major. We already run the misfits outta our country.
  We sent em back to England."

...Guess we missed one!?