When is it going to be OK to sale mags,ammo,and ARs for the going rate?

swim615

that is true it is your stuff . in my case ii have a small buisness and i know that this wont last long and i want to still be in buisness when its over.heck if it was all about money i would go to a big city or 2 and sell out at inflated prices and laugh at the people but i am not that way.maybe that why i dont have alot of things but i do have a lot of very good friends and when you get right down to it thats what life is all about.call me stupid if you like but i will not get involved with this price gouging thats going on

• Like 8

Yep, that matters more than just about anything else. There will be a backlash with this gouging from people

who consider this to be a hiccup. It is a hiccup in the big scheme of things.

Its your stuff, there will be a lot of sour grapes because people didnt buy when the time was right.  Its supply and demand, not gouging.  It may be taking advantage of a situation but I bet a lot of people would like to have purchased a load of gold when it was 300.00 an ounce, myself included. 

My only complaint is usually when the prices spike up then the prices never come back down since a LOT of people panic buy and when they go to sell the prices stay high.  Same thing happened in '94, I suspect the new laws will be a lot tougher since they are already saying the Clinton ban didnt do anything to stop gun violence.  I wouldnt be surprised if the make certain guns, ammo and magazines illegal to possess.  If you laugh at that idea dont laugh too hard, with the media and current administration on the anti-gun side something is going to pass. 

I have a Partner with two AR's on Gunbroker right now. He is slaying them both. I can't believe what they are bringing.

The 5.56 ammo appears to be what brand it is whether it brings a unheard of premium.

I recently sold a nice AR for a great price, the same rifle is getting almost triple on GB.  I most likely would have kept it though instead of selling it for 3x the price, was my last AR15 and I took it for granted I could always just go to wal mart and pick up another one.

Ammo is just crazy, going to take a lot of fun out of going to the range :(

Edited by KJ48

I was cleaning out my closet last night and found a Ruger Mini-14 20 rd. mag still in factory packaging.  I have never owned a Ruger Mini-14 and do not remember when, how or why I had this mag.  I threw it up on eBay out of curiosity w/ a ridiculous price and best offers accepted.  2 minutes later some guy offered me $70, so I sold it.  I hate to feel like I am taking advantage of the situation, but If they want it that bad, they can have it, hence the reason I set up the auction to consider offers.  I turned around and used the $70 to pre-order another AR lower, which I have no idea if I'll ever see it in my lifetime.   :rofl:

Edited by BrandonTN
Yup. Two weeks ago we were all "tinfoil"... how about now? (rhetorical question, for those tempted to answer)
Two weeks ago those teachers and babies were still alive. Today there is a real threat because some jack wad gave the anti-gun nuts an excuse to attempt to do what they have always wanted to do.

There is still plenty of tin foil crap in these threads. Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 1
Two weeks ago those teachers and babies were still alive. Today there is a real threat because some jack wad gave the anti-gun nuts an excuse to attempt to do what they have always wanted to do.

There is still plenty of tin foil crap in these threads.

Some people however have the educated foresight to see these things coming based on a complex combination of past history, current political and emotional climate, current trends in crime, existing laws, and the agenda that many in politics have and the laws that those people actually want to foist upon us.  It didn't take a school shooting for some of us to see the path we were headed down.  Some who've been awakened by the school shooting may think that we are suddenly on a different path than we were on 10 days ago, but we are not.  It is the same path, they just now see what path that is.  Some are still asleep and still do not see, until something else big happens and more of our rights are dissolved and 10 years down the road they wonder what happened.  Some of us have been awake for the entire scary ride, so we are not surprised at where we currently are.  The shooting merely gave opportunity to those with an agenda to play the cards that they've been holding on to for quite a while.  The timing is strangely very timely for the anti's though.

I was cleaning out my closet last night and found a Ruger Mini-14 20 rd. mag still in factory packaging.  I have never owned a Ruger Mini-14 and do not remember when, how or why I had this mag.  I threw it up on eBay out of curiosity w/ a ridiculous price and best offers accepted.  2 minutes later some guy offered me $70, so I sold it.  I hate to feel like I am taking advantage of the situation, but If they want it that bad, they can have it, hence the reason I set up the auction to consider offers.  I turned around and used the $70 to pre-order another AR lower, which I have no idea if I'll ever see it in my lifetime.   :rofl:

I hope they don't follow up after the fact and nuke your account for that.

- OS

Some people however have the educated foresight to see these things coming based on a complex combination of past history, current political and emotional climate, current trends in crime, existing laws, and the agenda that many in politics have and the laws that those people actually want to foist upon us.  It didn't take a school shooting for some of us to see the path we were headed down.  Some who've been awakened by the school shooting may think that we are suddenly on a different path than we were on 10 days ago, but we are not.  It is the same path, they just now see what path that is.  Some aIre still asleep and still do not see, until something else big happens and more of our rights are dissolved and 10 years down the road they wonder what happened.  Some of us have been awake for the entire scary ride, so we are not surprised at where we currently are.  The shooting merely gave opportunity to those with an agenda to play the cards that they've been holding on to for quite a while.  The timing is strangely very timely for the anti's though.

It takes neither "educated foresight" nor many brains to know that the anti-gun crowd is always out to take our guns. Maybe the current administration was always going to make a run at our guns, maybe they weren't. All I'm saying is that an event like last weeks shootings gave the anti-gun crowd a bogus reason to attempt their gun grab now.

Though a ban hasn't occurred yet, you can go ahead and pat yourself on the back for being right in predicting a ban if it makes you feel better.
  • Like 1
I hope they don't follow up after the fact and nuke your account for that.

- OS

They've got a ton of accounts to nuke then...I don't really sell much on eBay anymore as the fees and way in which they run the site have gotten outrageous.  From what I gather, you can now sell magazines on eBay if they are listed as "under 10 rounds."  The buyer can do his/her own homework and figure out what the magazine capacity really is.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Edited by BrandonTN
  • Moderators

I don't care how much some of this stuff is going for, it is capitalism at its finest. I bought 100 of those P-mags the week of the election. I had $9.37 in each of them, and sold them for $12 each. I made what I considered a fair amount while moving inventory quickly. I planned on using the $1200 to purchase more of them, but a few places were out of stock so I procrastinated. Had I purchased $1200 of them (roughly 130 of them), you'd bet your bottom dollar I'd be selling them for current market value at $50 each or even higher if it goes there. Admittedly, this is part of the problem, possibly an artificially reduced supply because people are hoarding in order to later make a profit, but I am ok with it. Were it other items such as food or water in a crisis, I would still understand that capitalism would be at play. However, I would in that situation feel sorry that lower income families could not pay market value for food or water. Am I sad that not everyone right now is able to purchase a 33 round Glock magazine for less than a couple hundred? Nope.

Edited by CZ9MM
They've got a ton of accounts to nuke then...I don't really sell much on eBay anymore as the fees and way in which they run the site have gotten outrageous.  From what I gather, you can now sell magazines on eBay if they are listed as "under 10 rounds."  The buyer can do his/her own homework and figure out what the magazine capacity really is.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Yep, 10 rounds and less. And of course before the CT shooting you couldn't even find a hi-cap ad on there, or if you did, it was nuked before it went to completion. Just like the first one mentioned in a thread here on TGO.

I know they're overwhelmed, but wonder how the listing filters aren't catching these, as many say "30 round" in the description. I'm just wondering if they've given up or will do some slapping later.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
It takes neither "educated foresight" nor many brains to know that the anti-gun crowd is always out to take our guns. Maybe the current administration was always going to make a run at our guns, maybe they weren't. All I'm saying is that an event like last weeks shootings gave the anti-gun crowd a bogus reason to attempt their gun grab now.
Though a ban hasn't occurred yet, you can go ahead and pat yourself on the back for being right in predicting a ban if it makes you feel better.
Not looking for credit for predicting bans or anything for that matter, just wish some of you would lay off the 'tin foil' accusations when anyone with a reasonable amount of information can clearly see what is going on while others deny it and label people as not being reasonable.

I will however pre-emptively declare my 'I told you so' now 7-8 years in advance (maybe less) so that when it all comes to a conclusion I will know that I got my virtual jab in, as it will most likely not be possible to post it anywhere due to lack of existence of any internet. ;) Edited by mcurrier
  • Like 1

History trumps all of those babies dying for no reason. I don't see the logic in bringing that up to excuse

the behavior of those who we knew wanted a ban. It's better to be proactive than reactive in all endeavors,

including your right to exist and protect yourself. If someone has to wait for an atrocity, they're lost.

But that must be tinfoil, also.

I don't care how much some of this stuff is going for, it is capitalism at its finest. I bought 100 of those P-mags the week of the election. I had $9.37 in each of them, and sold them for $12 each. I made what I considered a fair amount while moving inventory quickly. I planned on using the $1200 to purchase more of them, but a few places were out of stock so I procrastinated. Had I purchased $1200 of them (roughly 130 of them), you'd bet your bottom dollar I'd be selling them for current market value at $50 each or even higher if it goes there. Admittedly, this is part of the problem, possibly an artificially reduced supply because people are hoarding in order to later make a profit, but I am ok with it. Were it other items such as food or water in a crisis, I would still understand that capitalism would be at play. However, I would in that situation feel sorry that lower income families could not pay market value for food or water. Am I sad that not everyone right now is able to purchase a 33 round Glock magazine for less than a couple hundred? Nope.

i bought 20 today for 14.00 each

I am not sure when back orders are going to be filled. I placed a order for some in stock mags on the 19th and they charged my cc. Two days later no updates on shipping then today the refunded my cc. So I am not sure if I am going to get them or not. :shake:

I had another thought on the current pricing.

If a gun store keeps selling their inventor for the rates of a few weeks ago, they are going to be sold out of everything. So now they have a empty store until who knows when because everything is on back order. So now they have all their regular bills electric, rent/property payment, employ/labor cost, and the list goes on and on for who knows how long and no income to cover these costs.

So they may have to close because of trying to keep prices the same?

• Like 1
I had another thought on the current pricing.

If a gun store keeps selling their inventor for the rates of a few weeks ago, they are going to be sold out of everything. So now they have a empty store until who knows when because everything is on back order. So now they have all their regular bills electric, rent/property payment, employ/labor cost, and the list goes on and on for who knows how long and no income to cover these costs.

So they may have to close because of trying to keep prices the same?

Nailed that one!  Shelves are empty, orders are "potential" future stock but overhead never takes a day off.  So if they keep everyone happy not raising prices, just to not be there in a month, have you been fully served as a customer.  Let the price be what the market bears and all those that wish to partake do so and not whimper when the prices come back down and all those that don't partake and cannot get their items later because of future legistlation, remember you had the opportunity.