NRA Press Conference at 10:45am

JD_

I was fairly pleased. Wish he would have left out the life imitating art BS (really Wayne?!!) and put that time to actually explaining why ARs are not what they are portrayed as.

I like their proposal to put armed security in schools. I would volunteer my time or donate guns/ammo/gear for that.

I think we can all agree that "gun free schools" has failed miserably and we can finally  put an end to that. I fear that the soccer mom populous will refuse anything like that from the evil NRA, though.

It least there's a strong, common sense solution, like it or not. They don't want a guy with a gun, but it's the first thing they call when the shooting starts.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 3

My takeaway from this is that the NRA has offered a common sense plan to protect our schools starting now. It's the only way to stop these senseless massacres. 

The media's poo-pooing of the NRA press conference and the continued emotional resistance on the part of gun haters to do what must be done tells me one thing: they are the ones who aren't serious about solving the problem.

• Like 2

just watched the presser.  NRA wants better school security, thats what i was saying the day of the shooting.  forget trying to control what the next bad guy will bring with him.   you have to control the security of the kids.   bad guys in prison are protected better than our children.    movie stars are protected better than our schools.      i would gladly pay 10 a month to me daughters school for a couple of officers to defend the building and kids.  if every parent donated 10 bucks a month to the school that would pay for security.

my child is worth 10 a month.   sad thing is i have no option to pay for her security.

It least there's a strong, common sense solution, like it or not. They don't want a guy with a gun, but it's the first thing they call when the shooting starts.

I agree. they hate guns but put in a call to gun carriers as soon as the poo hits close to home.

What he stated was 100% true. We protect our stadiums, celebrities and politicians while leaving the most valuable vulnerable. Makes as much sense as gifting a Play Girl subscription to Rosie O'Donnell (yeah, really hating on that fat cow today)

Just did my 6pm round of news and saw nothing except bad commentary from "reporters" and folks on busy sidewalks. It's a real shame that such a common sense solution is going to be dismissed because of who proposed it.

I'd given my left nut (or right) to hear LaPierre say in his address "the public wants gun free zones to become gun free....yeah, hows 'zat worked out so far after 20 years".

Edited by strickj

I thought it was a great speech.  I even liked the very small mentioning of pop culture degrading society because I believe it is true.  The only problem is that is what people want, and since we have the 1st, there is nothing that can be nor should be, at least by government, done about it.