What's your auto/truck money pit

Based on some of the screen names, I think we have a number of auto and truck enthusiasts. Look like TNspeed and TNoffroad have few folks that have a few money pits that don't envolve burn't powder.

Here's mine:

Trooper (mine-trail rig):

445519_92_full.jpg

Miata (wife's -setting up for auto-x):

2046943_4_full.jpg

Kid hauler:

445519_131_full.jpg

Daily Driver (company owned / not cool):

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/445000-445999/445519_128_full.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GlocKingTN

I have a 1994 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab (For Sale)! Two tone green/silver! And the wife has a 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport! 2WD-4 door! I will get the pics up in a day or two!

• Administrator

I got rid of my money pits a few months ago. 1998 Z71 kept me busy replacing fuel pumps and intake gaskets, but it was a tank. Traded it and my 2003 Mach 1 off for a Yukon Denali XL. So far it's been reliable but it eats into my shooting money every time I pass a gas station.

....Yukon Denali XL. So far it's been reliable but it eats into my shooting money every time I pass a gas station.

Yeah, my wife's land cruiser does the same. Atleast, you have a decent tow vehicle when you pickup your next money pit.

Guest salb3039

95 Isuzu Rodeo. I hate it. I'd buy something else if I wasn't a poor college kid. Note poor and college being together but still retaining the previous poor-ness

7b1d.jpg?phYqbEGBL2RPKsZb

Guest Archimedes

Well, first is my daily driver.....the sexehlex:

Lexus-001.png

1992 Lexus ES 300

It has an engine now, though. :D

Lexus-004.png

Then my faithful truck:

chevy.jpg

1994 Chevy Silverado

...and finally the one that got away...:cry:

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

rr3.jpg

:cry:

~Archi

P.S. -- :cry:

Daily Driver and occasional off road jaunt 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee, V8, 2" Budget Boost lift.(spring spacers)

Nice DB!

I only have a regular grand cherokee laraedo...no pics of it but its green.

I think its a 96 or something.

the next vehicle I get will be a 4 door Jeep whatchamacallit...cant remember the name of that dang Jeep..but the S.O liked it soooo...we're going to sell her alero and get one.

thereby ensuring that I stay in debt

Guest LiLBucket

Man, autos are definitely da debil!!!

97 Mustang (DD but never could leave well enough alone)

72 Macah 1

71 CJ5

96 Katana (just sold it regrettably!!)

To many parts for the above list!!!

The list of vehicles to hoard is absurd too!! Everytime I see a Mustang for sale, whether it be a complete car or not, I have to fight the urge to impulse buy!! Same goes with older Jeeps!! uuuughh!!

Guest Jason F.

The old money pit. I have sort of sold it but still race it with the new owner who has not finished paying for it yet so I still claim it as mine.

40205auotx01.jpg

and again

2005MCMC12small.jpg

I am also part owner of this money pit that sees rally duty several time a year.

IMG_5180.jpg

Last year I picked up this money pit.

Bandit03.jpg

And when my race car gets paid off I will be picking up this....

111436501-L.jpg

I do not even want to get into what I have owned and sold off, the daily drivers, or the better half's money pits.

Guest nitrous_mike

My 99 F150 4x4 off road is go vehicle and main transportation, it has just a few mods K&N filter, Borla catback, Baer decela rotors all around, and for a few months in a summer I stick the 22's on. It does have the 5.4 and every option that ford offered in 99 except for sunroof and leather.

1687978truck3.jpg

My other vehicle is more of a toy and fair day driver, it is an 88 mustang coupe original V8 car. It has a hand full of mods Cobra intake, 70mm TB, BBK shorty headers, BBK ORH, flowmaster 3 chamber catback, March alum pulleys, FRPP AC eliminator, FRPP aluminum DS, E fan, Ram clutch, Steeda tri_ax shifter, and Steeda firewall adjuster.

2044212coupetruck.JPG

While talking about the more recent sells of cars here is my old 88 coupe that I had to sell while I was going to school for this maintenance career. I will just take the short route and say the only things stock on the car was the fenders, deck lid, and interior minus the seats and the added rollcage. Man trying to grow up sucks :D I really miss this car.

What it looked like when I got it with the 347.

alookfromthequarterpannel.jpg

When I sold it with the 398 in it.

1238249driver.jpg