How have you reacted personally? Bought guns? Mags? Ammo?

hipower

And I am very glad I never got bitten by that nasty AR bug.

Yeah, damn black rifles. Just so happened I had started my last project, a "3 gun kit", by buying AR 5.56 pistol upper at last gun show, before the shooting in CT.

But admit I hurried up and bought a 5.56 rifle upper for this project a few days ago, since PSA had the one I wanted for the same price as usual, but also admit if it hadn't been for the panic I would have bided my time on that and waited for a possible sale.  Also grabbed some extra mags I wouldn't otherwise have, also at same normal price though.

Hope I can look back on the last two purchases and grin for being a bit gullible for rushing the timeline.  Main lesson learned is that I should NOT own any AR lowers laying around gathering dust, 'cause I apparently can NOT just let them sit there and do that!

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Bought every pmag that the store had for mine, but now am going back and will buy everyone on the shelf if there are any left tomorrow or Saturday Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2 Edited by Sam1
Guest KCampbell
I bought 1600 rounds of 9mm, 1000-7.62 and 500 12 ga before this went down.I ordered a couple more Ak mags yesterday.I got a Walmart gift card from work for Xmas and was going to buy some more 9mm target loads but 4 Walmarts I went to only had the most expensive stuff left.Some friends and I have been training/shooting every weekend for the last 2 months or so but now I am not sure if we will this weekend just so we can save what we have till everything cools off Sent from my SCH-I1535 using Tapatalk 2 while fighting off ninjas.

I bought absolutely nothing, didn't even shop for anything I might want. I have enough AR/223 related stuff to keep me happy for a while.

I have the ability to make my own bullets and load my own rounds so there is no need for me to get anything else. I have a steady supply of lead now for my casting habit. I have enough powder and primers to last through this panic. That is why I switched to 300 Blackout. Because it is easy to cast for and is a miserly round as far as powder goes. It costs me 4.4 cents per loaded round.

I have a secret place to get what I need and they ALWAYS had what I needed during the last scare. When no one had primers, 22's or guns I could walk in and walk out with anything I needed. This time will likely be no different. He can order me what I want and get it within days.

Yeah, there is some stuff I want but the threat of what is on the horizon isn't going to force me to go out and buy it right this second.

On a more positive note, this summer there is likely going to be a lot of great deals on these panic items. Just like two years after the first Obama win when you could find RRA AR's for $750 all day long and at the shows no less.

Dolomite

I came really really close in acquiring another AR as late as Monday which still had pre Conn. Pricing. Just could not justify it with my current collection, and I no longer buy to make money on guns. Just a collector, shooter, and a carrier these days.

A store that I am familiar with sold 54 ARs & AKs yesterday (all they had), and most of their mags.  Over twice their previous one-day record for black rifles. Obama is best salesman ever.

Edited by R_Bert
Yeah, damn black rifles. Just so happened I had started my last project, a "3 gun kit", by buying AR 5.56 pistol upper at last gun show, before the shooting in CT.

But admit I hurried up and bought a 5.56 rifle upper for this project a few days ago, since PSA had the one I wanted for the same price as usual, but also admit if it hadn't been for the panic I would have bided my time on that and waited for a possible sale.  Also grabbed some extra mags I wouldn't otherwise have, also at same normal price though.

Hope I can look back on the last two purchases and grin for being a bit gullible for rushing the timeline.  Main lesson learned is that I should NOT own any AR lowers laying around gathering dust, 'cause I apparently can NOT just let them sit there and do that!

- OS

the sickness has grabbed hold of you, LOL  I did not know about the AR pistol,   I look forward to shooting it :)

:panic:    <---------Been doing a lot of that trying to decide whether to buy a pistol or a ton of .223. Can't do both. They may not be banned but they are only going to go up. 

This seems simple to me.  If you are not happy with your current stock of ammo / reloading materials, get more.  Guns are useless without ammo, and adding a gun when you have no ammo is pointless.   Once you are satisfied with your ammo stash, then adding more guns is more reasonable... 

• Like 1
Stocked up on ammo prior to election. Atomic pawn still had a few dozen new pmags for $14 yesterday so I gave in and bought a few. Offered to buy my buddies AR, but I would have done that whenever he decided to sell it anyways. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

As soon as the news came in Friday morning, I ordered 15 PMAGs at $10 each, 3 AK mags for $9 each, another Glock 20 Mag for $25, and 2 Beretta 92 mags for $12 each, and free shipping on all of it!  So I didn't pay a markup on any of them.  I feel pretty good about that.  Also picked up 1000 rounds of PMC Bronze 223 for $375 in Clinton.  I may have paid a little too much for those, but they are reloadable. 

I ordered a Black Friday M4 from PSA for $399 (minus BCG, but I had an extra on hand) the day after thanksgiving, and it came last night.  So it feels like I bought a panic gun, but didn't.  Hard to beat a chrome lined AR for $550 invested. 

Anyway, I got in on the crazy buying early, so thankfully avoided the rising prices. 

Edited by atlas3025

I always buy enough mags to have 200+ rounds preloaded in mags and ready to go. I figure after 200 rounds the badguy will be either out or one of us hit to the point that the firefight is over. if there is more than 1 badguy, I probably dont have a chance past 200 rounds anyway. I buy those mags at time of purchase of the gun. I had a pretty good level of ammo anyway. I am kicking myself on not stocking up on reloading supplies. I am not sure when I can get to see David again so I might have to go get some from LGS and that might be tricky. I think I have enough to get me 6mo of reloading and maybe by then this will have all calmed down a little and the secondary market will be fine. I think that with the price gouging going on,retailers are going to see that people will still buy this stuff at inflated prices and wont drop back to pre gouging prices. I don't think that we need laws to limit guns we are doing that just fine ourselves.

I haven’t bought anything and won’t while price gouging is going on. I don’t keep guns; my collection is constantly being rotated. So I don’t want to buy anything that I will lose a bunch on when I sell it. If I were buying I would be buying the things that might be outlawed or regulated, like AR’s and hi-cap magazines.

Ammo isn’t going to be restricted or outlawed (IMO), the only shortage on that is the temporary one we are causing for ourselves. But it’s like gas, even when the emergency is over the price stays a little higher than it was before. This is the “Katrina” of the ammo world.

Last time the gun manufactures didn’t raise prices, dealers did. We have a couple of proven forum dealers plus a couple of new ones that may not do that; time will tell.
I bought 1000 primers yesterday and surprisingly the price had not gone up since I bought some a month ago

You must have gotten them from a quality guy like David. My emergency retailer jumped 20% since last month. I just stopped by this morning to get some powder, I decieded to wait until I can get to a show.

no not bought a thing....last i bouvht was 1500 rounds of brown bear hp when aim had a sale earlier....oh and a bunch of the flatback chicom ak mags when they were 11 bucks each....got 28 of those now counting the three polytech mags that came with my galil....im really set for the guns i have...5500 rounds total of 7.62 x 39....1500 12 ga total mostly 00 buck...and 2000 9mm half federal 9pble and the rest winchesger white box...been buying sales since 2010 when they come along.....
I plan on buying myself a nice NFA short barrel 6.8 LWRC when I get my bonus in July. I hope to be able to buy one at that time but if not I am happy with the rifles I already have.

I do not give into the price gouging and panic that many seem to be already encountering. Who knows what this administration has in store for us, I think if it becomes as bad as people are talking about we will be lucky to keep the rifles and magazines that we own, I do not want to invest thousands of dollars to find out later that they could be taken away from me

For those of you who think the NRA is a waste of money, you should re consider as they are the strongest allies that we as gun owners will ever have on our side, perhaps use some of the money you are using on inflated priced Magazines and ammo and support them
  • Like 1