Long Gun Stocks / Gunsmiths?

As a left-hand shooter, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I frequently shoot trap and my Browning Citori 12 gage just doesn't feel right, and my scores are reflecting that. The problem is, my shotgun doesn't fit me...

So, how do I get it to fit me? The stock and butt plate is 1.25" to long for me. The left hand grip to mouth is about 3.5", too long. No problem, I'll get 1/4" cut off the butt stock I think. Then I get to looking at the stock curvature, it's slightly curved to the "left" for a right hand shooter.

Well color me stupid! I go and check all my other long guns and sure enough, there's a slight curvature in the stock to the left and made for right handers.

What really gets my goat is, I do allot of research and read everything on a gun before I purchase it. A left or right handed gun is designated only by the action, so it seems? I've never read any description that the curvature of the stock was for "right hand" use? Have you?

So, how does a person who has numerous long guns that are curved for a right hander correct it and get them fitted? Contact a few gunsmiths of course.

Well, evidently that's not the solution as it requires heat and treatment to wood and no one had any solutions?

So, the question is... How would I get the gun to fit me and how can I get a new gun stock set up for my left hand-ness?

Thanks All...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.