Orange or Yellow front ring for Trijicon HDs?

I finally have settled on a set of these for my M&P Shield. The only thing left to decide is to go with either the orange front ring or the yellow front ring. I have never had sights other than factory on the two guns I own (an FNX9 and the Shield) so I'm not sure which I would prefer. Looking at some threads online I have seen photos of both yellow and orange rings, but I'm not sure which is suited best for my needs. It's obviously going to be my edc gun, not just for target shooting. 

A lot of threads say that it depends on the shooter and what works for your eyes, but I've never seen these sights in person or have any friends who have them to see for myself. I also prefer doing my research first and then buying once so that I don't have to deal with the return and refund process. But, if this is the only way to go, you gotta do what you gotta do! 

That being said, with my limited experience with guns and shooting at the range I would say that I'm leaning towards the orange, but I realized that outside there may be more orange or similar to orange colors in the environment, so may yellow be better? 

Anyone with experience with these specific sights or just front sight color options in general have any tips for a newbie to night sights?

• Like 1

I am getting Triji HD's with Orange front on my XD9 right now.

from my research, most people said the orange was very bright in daylight conditions and easier to pickup with your eyes. 

but maybe only slightly better than the yellow.

don't think you can go wrong either way. 

Thanks for the response! From what I've seen the orange seems to be the most popular among people on forums. I know there's no replacement for actual real life use to see for myself. Worst case scenario, I'll get the orange and if I hate them swap for the yellow. Just wanted to see of there were any reasons to go with one over the other that I was unaware of.

Not as easy as I thought
20121220_081402.jpg
20121220_081455.jpg
20121220_081516.jpg
20121220_081337.jpg
In the dark I couldn't get the phone to pick up good but I could definitely see the front standing out. I also tried one against the red jacket but it blended in. So as long as they don't have on red shirt I'm just kidding. My eyes picked the sights but the camera phone didn't.

Edited by tarheelbball

Yellow or green shine the brightest. If your doing front and rear I suggest two different colors with the brightest on the front.

No offense intended, but you are offering an opinion on a product that you're obviously not familiar with. Edited by TN-popo