Looking for New Carry Gun

If I wanted a metal handgun in .45 ACP I wouldn't look past a Sig p220.  I haven't fired one but I've shot Sigs and I would probably own one if it wasn't for the DA/SA learning curve.  I just like to keep things simple with the same trigger pull every time.  If I wanted a hammer fired gun though, I'd start by looking at Sig.  

• Like 2
Whats your price range?

When are you carrying.Year around or certain seasons?

Heavy clothed or light clothed?

Open or concealed?

Price Range: Whatever a good firearm cost.

Year round

Light Clothed

Open when I'm in the mood, Concealed when I'm in secret squirrel mode. I'm not comfortable open carrying in public, but I'm going to get used to it!

Dave S

Guest hi im drummer03

M&P Shield in 40 or XDS if you want 45 for light clothing.
Heres some double stack models i would say.

1.Glock 26(9mm) or 27(40)-Slightly bigger 30SF(45) 19(9mm) or 23(40)

2. Smith and Wesson M&P Compact 

3. Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact -9mm/40/45

4. H&K P2000SK (9mm or 40) DA/SA Verision (You can carry hammer down/Double Action First/Then light Single Action after)

If you wanting hammer down then H&K p2000sk all the way

Edited by hi im drummer03
If I wanted a metal handgun in .45 ACP I wouldn't look past a Sig p220.  I haven't fired one but I've shot Sigs and I would probably own one if it wasn't for the DA/SA learning curve.  I just like to keep things simple with the same trigger pull every time.  If I wanted a hammer fired gun though, I'd start by looking at Sig.  

If you haven't shot one I suggest you don't......it will just make you spend money. I don't shoot mine much since Im a glock carrier but I wouldn't part with mine for nothing.

Since you asked about Bersa.  I love them.  For the money you will be hard pressed to beat it and the quality seems to be pretty good, I've never had a Bersa do anything that it wasn't supposed to.  100% flawless operation, even when it is filthy dirty.  The .45 is a pleasure to shoot but I don't really think that it would give you any advantage over your current set up.  If I'm buying a carry gun I generally like each new one to fill a niche that something in my current collection doesn't.  (Bigger, smaller, easier to conceal, higher capacity, etc.)