I am about to scream

If I hear one more person say "nobody needs a 30 round clip" I am going to scream. The latest was Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim at the celebration of his 900th win. Hey num nuts, since when is freedom based on need. Nobody "needs" a basketball team. Nobody needs a car that goes over 65 mph, and plenty of people are killed because of driving too fast. What we need are some people with some sense. Geeze I am mad.

• Like 1

Yeah it ticks me off too.  Machine guns were basically made hard to get in the 30's, no more mail order of guns in 1968, Brady Law for background checks in mid 90's, temporary 'assault weapon ban' in mid 90's. 

Nothing is enough for these folks.  They want us to be like the UK where about all you can own is a bolt action rifle or a shotgun.

• Administrator

The world is full of irrational, emotional, foolish people who love bandwagons because it's easier than thinking for themselves.  Add to this the problematic fact that schools teach a version of history that actually amounts to little more than indoctrination of our children, and have been doing so for the past 40-50 years, and you end up with two or three current generations of Useful Idiots who know no better than to toe the party line.

In short, we're fucked.

• Like 5

This one got me today while listening to the radio at lunch..

"I am a police officer and I can tell you that the 223 round has absolutley no use in civilian hands"

Of course, being a police officer makes it even more "true".

Guest bkelm18
This one got me today while listening to the radio at lunch..

"I am a police officer and I can tell you that the 223 round has absolutley no use in civilian hands"

Of course, being a police officer makes it even more "true".

Just .223? What about the hundreds of rifle calibers that are more powerful and just as easily available? Sounds like the shit in his brains leaked out of his mouth.

Did he forget he is a civilian with a badge? Hes not exactly boots on the ground in a war zone. Not to mention, .223 is a compartively weak rifle round, when compared to .308 or others. Not to mention the guy had a Saiga 12.  in the car. That loaded with buckshot would have made this much much worse than that AR ever did

Yeah it ticks me off too.  Machine guns were basically made hard to get in the 30's, no more mail order of guns in 1968, Brady Law for background checks in mid 90's, temporary 'assault weapon ban' in mid 90's. 

Nothing is enough for these folks.  They want us to be like the UK where about all you can own is a bolt action rifle or a shotgun.

Correction. Can't remember her name,  but an obama cronie w/the UN remarked(not her exact quote, but close) that she wouldn't be happy until: You can buy a rifle after thorough background check, register it,  HEFTY tax, that would shoot a max range of 100 yards. It must be stored at a govt run "shooting club" and each round of ammo(HEFTY PRICE PER SHELL) must be checked out and the brass returned after use.

Who wants a 30 round clip? Do you know how hard that'd be to force into the magazine? You'd probably cut your thumb in half.
Ive never seen a charger guide sturdy enough to stabilize that much flopping around. Ten rounds are fine, the SKS works great. Five rounds work even better on a mauser.

Personally I prefer magazines.
  • Like 3

Thats another thing...

If your the type of person who cringes every time someone misuse the word "clip", you really need to stay away from all media for a while or people are going to think you have Turrets Syndrome. I think I heard the phrase "30-Round Clip" at least 7 times this morning on my 15 minute drive to work. 

Maybe we should make it a drinking game? Every time you hear "30-Round Clip" or "Military Style" you drink. How much can a 170 pound man take before suffering from alcohol poisoning?

Did he forget he is a civilian with a badge? Hes not exactly boots on the ground in a war zone. Not to mention, .223 is a compartively weak rifle round, when compared to .308 or others. Not to mention the guy had a Saiga 12.  in the car. That loaded with buckshot would have made this much much worse than that AR ever did

I was talking to my son about the .223 round. The M1 in .308 was very common when I was growing up and absolutely fearsome round. All this knee jerk reaction is wholly irrational.

Thats another thing...

If your the type of person who cringes every time someone misuse the word "clip", you really need to stay away from all media for a while or people are going to think you have Turrets Syndrome. I think I heard the phrase "30-Round Clip" at least 7 times this morning on my 15 minute drive to work. 

Maybe we should make it a drinking game? Every time you hear "30-Round Clip" or "Military Style" you drink. How much can a 170 pound man take before suffering from alcohol poisoning?

I prefer "assault clips".  Throw in a "high capacity" in front of it and oh, brother, am I heaven. :D

I really think I'm going to loose my mind before long with all of the ignorant news coverage of Bushmasters, uh, AR's.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
If I hear one more person say "nobody needs a 30 round clip" I am going to scream. The latest was Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim at the celebration of his 900th win. Hey num nuts, since when is freedom based on need. Nobody "needs" a basketball team. Nobody needs a car that goes over 65 mph, and plenty of people are killed because of driving too fast. What we need are some people with some sense. Geeze I am mad.
Wanna get 2/3rds of the nation screaming, start passing more strict legislation on a very popular product that can be "argued" has caused or aided in 100,000's+ deaths in many ways, probably over 1 million in the last century. Much more so than than the anti's can argue about firearms or really any other legal product. ALCOHOL.
Costas argued that if the football player who killed his girlfriend hadn't had a "gun", they would still be alive thinking a big male football player couldn't kill a petite girl without one when a much more logical argument might be that if the football player hadn't been raging drunk on alcohol he would have had more control of his emotions and may not have killed his girlfriend. How many domestic violence incidents start because of someone being under the influence of alcohol? Also, let's not forget our favorite restaurant owner gun hater Ray Whatshisname. How many drunks did he allow to leave his bar restaurant, get in their car and drive home endangering kids with their familys on the same highway? IMO, that's a whole hell of alot more dangerous than allowing a law abiding citizen to carry their handgun into his restaurant. Anyway, I'm not advocating a background check at every Mapco or liqor store before you can buy an alcoholic product to see if you have been arrested in the past for DUI or domestic violence, or a one bottle per month limit or a size limit on the bottle, i'm just saying there is legal products that can be "argued" is much more of a problem in causing tragic deaths of innocents than firearms. Just tell a liberal you want to take away his booze because someone else might abuse it and go on a pi$$ed at the world raging drunk and might stab or beat someone to death, or run a school bus off the road killing children. I mean, they don't "NEED" alochol do they? I wonder if they will argue back that just because someone does a bad thing under the influence of alcohol, they shouldn't be demonized or punished for it.

P.S. Sorry for the long rant. Edited by K191145
  • Like 3
Guest Aces&8s
"The latest was Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim at the celebration of his 900th win. Hey num nuts, since when is freedom based on need. Nobody "needs" a basketball team."

"Yeah, and coaches need million's of dollars per contract for coaching a game."

^ These exactly! When last I checked, it was called the "Bill of Rights", not "Bill of Needs".  We certainly do not need to drop millions of dollars a year to let kids play games at these so-called "institutions of higher learning".  I am certain that this money could be better spent by, oh, I don't know, maybe making sure that these kids are graduating with useful degrees, or at least the ability to read and write.  I know a lot of people who make it on $20K or $30K a year, so how much does Boeheim need? The next time I hear that blowhard talk about what one "needs," he better be standing at the soup kitchen handing out hundred dollar bills.

It's just like the University of Rhode Island professor who tweeted that the incident in CT was the fault of the NRA, and he wanted "Wayne LaPierre's head on a stick."  Only a liberal can get away with condemning violence by calling for someone's murder.  Now tell me again that there isn't a liberal bias in the media.

God, this whole thing just makes me sick in so many different ways...

Thats another thing...

About 8:15am.

• Like 1

I heard a guy on TV last night say-"We need to get rid of 30 round clips and guns with pistol grips. Nobody needs 30 rounds and a pistol grip helps you shoot the gun faster".

We've all heard the "30 round clip rhetoric" but a pistol grip helps you shoot faster? I don't recall who the guy was but was credited as a "expert" in firearms so I venture to say he knew he was lying when he said it.

Guest Lester Weevils

When these furors happen, I have got in the habit of turning off the radio and TV until it is over. Just too dern boring, columbine type recycled arguments, over and over. Glock vs 1911 or AR vs AK is inspired fresh intellectual debate territory compared to this old tired BS (on both sides). I'm more on the pro-gun side, but still, its just too dang boring to hear the same old same old arguments trotted out ad infinitum.

Maybe shutting down and quit paying attention is maladaptive, but whatever if anything gets "done" good or bad after all the old tired preaching, will happen regardless whether I waste some of my remaining precious moments listening to the tripe once again.

I listened to a few minutes of Juan Williams vs Ann Coulter a couple of days ago before turning off the radio. A well-rehearsed perfect gun-ban reading of the arguments from both sides, kinda like they were reciting a shakespeare play word-for-word or whatever.

Edited by Lester Weevils