Haslam - no change in TN gun laws needed as response to CT shootings

Thank you Governor for not following the anti-gun crowd. Cool heads need to prevail. Unlike the talking heads in the media and  so

called journalists.

First of all, you, me, our neighbors had nothing to do with this terrible act. Our hearts and prayers are with the families.

But yet the anti-gun crown wants us to give up our rights. 

They say no one "needs an AR-15, or a AK or semi-auto hand guns.

Well excuse me, we have a bill of "rights" not a bill of "needs". The bill includes the 2nd amendment along with freedom of speech and property rights. These are individual rights that are not up for "national discussion" as Obama and the talking heads in the media say. No law on the books would have stopped this crime.

Last time I looked, murder was illegal no matter what weapon is used.

Write you Senators and Congressmen and tell them to stand strong. Defend the Constitution and the bill of rights.

Don't let them temporary politicians destroy our way of life.  :usa:

• Like 2
Guest fauklin
I've already written Alexander, Corker, and Fleishmann. I made it very clear that they will lose my vote if they vote for any new gun control. Furthermore, I made a pledge to put all of my efforts into getting them voted out of office if they support ANY new gun legislation. I encourage everyone to write their representatives and echo this message. I see what is coming as a full scale attack on our rights. We CANNOT afford to be silent right now. Bionic Post

I've already written Alexander, Corker, and Fleishmann. I made it very clear that they will lose my vote if they vote for any new gun control. Furthermore, I made a pledge to put all of my efforts into getting them voted out of office if they support ANY new gun legislation. I encourage everyone to write their representatives and echo this message. I see what is coming as a full scale attack on our rights. We CANNOT afford to be silent right now. Bionic Post

On the flip side, send Gov. Haslam and supportive Reps. a thank you note.  :usa:

• Like 1
We don't need a bill allowing teachers to carry, we need a bill that allows all HCP holder to carry in schools and colleges.

Yes we do.  My daughter teaches elemetary school.  She has her HCP but of course it is useless there.  I think it's the only solution below College, where the student HCP carrier is good to go.