Very Interesting Video

I searched on this site and could not find this video linked anywhere else so I hope this isn't a duplicate. This is a video where several members of law enforcement from California and Sheriff Joe Arpaio from AZ are interviewed about concealed carry. Some are pro, some are anti, but it is very interesting to hear them express their views. Its about Eight minutes long.

I hope ya'll enjoy it as much as I did.

http://www.fulldisclosure.net/flash/VideoBlogs/VideoBlog31.php

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Archimedes

That is very interesting.

“Well, the Sheriff’s Department of Los Angeles County will issue concealed weapons permits to individuals who have been victims of a violent crime. We also issue them to retired…uh… FBI agents and police officers…uh…along with judges who are currently serving on the bench, and other pubic officials who have been threatened. Uh…our total of permits is under 500…uh…and I think that is a reasonable figure….”

~Leroy Baca

Sheriff, Los Angeles County

Uh…so what about the victims that were homicides?

This guy is a moron and people in LA County are morons for voting for him repeatedly. He doesn’t deserve to wear that uniform. He’s obviously not a good public speaker.

“I believe it’s extremely important, if not necessary, that our public is able to protect itself in dire crisis. The 1992 riots of Los Angeles were a perfectly good example of that crisis. We in law enforcement were totally overwhelmed by the gang members and the criminal element that lives in L.A. County. We could not go out and help people the way we help people this very moment. Because of that, the public had to defend themselves for about twenty-four hours…

I worked in the areas where the riots were taking place fighting the people who were doing the rioting. The citizens who had guns were not robbed and their businesses did not burn because they properly defended themselves with that right that..uhm..is part of our Consitution.”

~Paul Jernigan

Sergeant, LA County Sheriff

I wonder how these interdepartmental politics go down behind the cameras.

~Archi

Guest Hornet Handler

LA Co Sheriff was overwhelmed becuase LAPD locked themselves in there precinct houses and didn't lift a damn finger. We had 3000+ Guard and Reserve living in C-130 hangers at MCAS El Toro waiting for the word to go into LA. LAPD didn't come out tp play untill after Marines from Camp Pendelton had started to pacify the area.

Guest GlocKingTN

That Baca guy is an idiot, with a badge! How can you be a county sheriff, and disagree with the permit? Cuz he's an idiot, thats how! But that Arpaio guy, is my hero!

Guest ProguninTN
I do agree that those officers are idiots, but in their position their beliefs and their views are what is followed. Unfortunately the public keeps voting them back in office :(

Thank God I live in TN :)

Yes. But really, we are fortunate that the state took over HCP's in 1996. Prior to '96, Sheriffs could issue/revoke permits seemingly at will.

Guest jackdog
heh..figures

thats why they call California "the land of fruits and nuts!"

Hey tower you forgot FLAKES:devil:

Again you have to remember than Cali is liberal heaven and we know how liberals feel about guns. great video

Three cheers for sheriff Joe

• 1 month later...
Guest SMSTRICK

Baca is pathetic. Law abiding citizens must first survive an attack and first become a threatened victim before they "allow" that person to defend themselves ?! How pathetic !........Solutuion : Round up Baca and his family and drop them off in South Central around mid-night unarmed. Tell them to start walking . They should be safe since THEY TOOK SOMEONE WITH THEM......It kills me that there are actually people out there who are voted into office to protect and to serve the public.