Possible assault rifle ban

News channel 2 mentioned a possible assault rifle ban coming as soon as January. What exactly would that mean? Would all AR's, AK's, ect. be an NFA item. High capacity mags NFA? Have to pay for a $200 tax stamp and wait 6 months for approval for one magazine? Just wandering if anyone has an idea.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one knows the exact nature of the ban, but the quickest way, which is what Fox News reported a couple of weeks ago, is for AR's and such to have a different status under the NFA, thereby slowing down the process for purchasing without an outright ban and without Congressional action.

With wait times being what it is, if its going to require a tax stamp, expect to wait years for approval for any NFA item =(

Guest Fingersoup

News channel 2 mentioned a possible assault rifle ban coming as soon as January. What exactly would that mean? Would all AR's, AK's, ect. be an NFA item. High capacity mags NFA? Have to pay for a $200 tax stamp and wait 6 months for approval for one magazine? Just wandering if anyone has an idea.

It means we need to be politically proactive so we don't have to find out instead of just sitting here and hoping for the best while the progressives strip us of our liberties. Everyone here on this forum has an obligation to contact their senators and congressmen.

On Sunday Feinstein laid out details of the bill.

"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets, Feinstein said. "The purpose of this bill is to get... weapons of war off the streets."

I just don't think this is going to happen. I really don't.

I hope not, but as with what most others say about when children are involved, things are looked at differently. That's why we fast forwarded our purchase over the weekend and got all the magazines I could find today.

Since I don't remember the previous high capacity magazine ban, would my 12 & 17 rounds be illegal to carry with my permit. Should I perhaps pick up a few 10 round mags for carry while they are available? Just read this is about rifles but if someone has an opinion on this they can send a pm.

thanks Edited by tarheelbball

Since I don't remember the previous high capacity magazine ban, would my 12 & 17 rounds be illegal to carry with my permit. Should I perhaps pick up a few 10 round mags for carry while they are available? Just read this is about rifles but if someone has an opinion on this they can send a pm.

Ask here, receive here. :)

During the last ban, you could possess (and still buy) hi-cap magazines that were made before the ban.

This time around remains to be seen.

- OS

I hope like heck you're right, but tell me....who or what do you think is going to stop it?

Hopefully the House of Representatives, if they haven't all turned into Democrats.

On Sunday Feinstein laid out details of the bill.

"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation and the possession, not retroactively, but prospectively," and ban the sale of clips of more than ten bullets, Feinstein said. "The purpose of this bill is to get... weapons of war off the streets."

I didn't know that I had a weapon of war... I though it was a varmit rifle?

• Like 1