Old 12 gauge, record or not?

I picked up an old Kessler Arms bolt action 12 gauge from my uncle the other day. It was manufactured in 1951. It is actually in pretty good shape. About 75%-80%. It has a two round detachable mag that operates flawlessly. Good shooter. Question is, do I need to record  something like this in my bound book?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

I've heard it both ways and have never seen definitve proof either way. Some say that you should only log firearms acquired through the use of your FFL, others say that you should log all C&R firearms regardless of how you got them.

ATF says that EVERY C&R firearm you acquire or dispose of while you have a license MUST be logged in or out.  For once, the law is pretty clear about this.  This ONLY applies to C&R firearms, though.

Since your shotgun is over 50 years old, it is automatically a C&R and thus must be logged in.

Guest bkelm18

ATF says that EVERY C&R firearm you acquire or dispose of while you have a license MUST be logged in or out.  For once, the law is pretty clear about this.  This ONLY applies to C&R firearms, though.

Since your shotgun is over 50 years old, it is automatically a C&R and thus must be logged in.

Link?

1gewehr is correct. Any C&R firemarm aquired or disposed while you have the license must be logged. Pesonally if I did not give my license to the purchaser then I always note in my book "not purchased with C&R". I go by the theory that too much info is better than not enough when it comes to my bound book. I have also listed the few C&R eliglble firemarms I owned before I got my C&R. Just noted that were owned before aquistion of license. Should you ever be audited you better have every C&R firemarm in your possession accounted for somewhere in that book.