Purchased a Sig P238 Desert this weekend

Seabeejason

I knew better than to go to the gun store.  I knew it and did it anyway......and I walked out with a new gun.  I was just doing my usual walk around and looking at all the guns and this little beauty caught my eye.  I asked the person behind the counter if I could hold it and.....well it was all over.  This thing fits my hand perfectly.  You could not ask for a better grip.  I have been contemplating buying a new pocket pistol for a while now.  I have a Springfield XDs and it is a great carry gun, but I can't always carry it in some of the places I go because it is not concealable enough.  The P238 fit the bill nicely.  I can put it in my pocket and just forget it is even there.  I was also struck by the "cool" factor of it.  It looks pretty mean for a little .380.  It also came with Siglite night sights which are extremely bright. 

Anyway, here it is.  I can't wait to take it to the range and have some fun with it.

IMG_0065_zpsd5a90dcd.jpg

• Like 1

I have an Extreme and very happy with it. Spendy little bastard, but I've never had any failures.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Spendy is not the word for it. Cost me over $700.00 with tax and everything. Edited by Seabeejason
[quote name='Seabeejason' timestamp='1355719380' post='861747']I have an Extreme and very happy with it. Spendy little bastard, but I've never had any failures. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Spendy is not the word for it. Cost me over $700.00 with tax and everything.[/quote] Damn, I did get a great deal on mine then. Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Jason:___________

Thanks for posting pictures of your neat little pistol.  I've been carryin one of his more humble brothers (....black nitrolon with nite sights...) in my front pocket in a dm bullard pocket holster for about 2 or 3 years now.  It goes everywhere i go in my right front pants pocket.  Its been carried so much that it's beginnin to acquire a bit of character (...lightening up a bit on the "rubbed" edges...) and im ok with that.  They are meant to be carried.  Mine shoots like a dream.  Very little recoil and plenty accurate.  It has fed everything ive put thru it (....including handloads...) with 100% reliability.   I'm a fan on the small pocket pistol; its a relic of a bygone era that has come back around.  When i wuz a boy here in the hills, no finished hillside gentleman would be without a pocket pistol.  They used them then for the same reason we need 'em now.

Congratulations on your little pistola!!

Enjoy!!

leroy

Damn, I did get a great deal on mine then.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Well, this one is the "Desert" model, which is why is is a bit costly. Academy Sports has their basic version for $499.00. I went there the other day and they were sold out. He said they had ten of them and sold out as soon as they opened. Edited by Seabeejason
Guest Frightful1

Good buy!  I have both the P238 in Rosewood/Nitron and the P938 in Nightmare.  (Just cuz it looked evil)  No problems with either unless you consider the fact that they spit your brass somewhere into the next county!

Well, this one is the "Desert" model, which is why is is a bit costly. Academy Sports has their basic version for $499.00. I went there the other day and they were sold out. He said they had ten of them and sold out as soon as they opened.

I like the grip, wonder if they have a finger grip for the 9 yet...  gonna go look...

congrats on a nice pistol, I liked my so much I kept it even though I upgraded to the 9.

Guest RobThatsMe

SeaBeeJ,

Congrats on your new Sig.  I have the P238 Rainbow edition.  Love it!

I would recommend going to the Sig web site, and purchasing their own pocket holster for your 238.

It fits it perfectly!  You can carry it in your front pocket, back pocket, sport coat pocket.

The hoster is molded to to gun, including the pattern on the slide. It also fully protects the trigger.

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/p238-leather-pocket-holster-379.aspx

Rob

Edited by RobThatsMe
How's the CAB2M for size? Galco shows to get the 2XS. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

The 2M must have been the holster that I got out of a discount bin somewhere, also fits a Bersa .380 and the like. It works for me and probably has a little more room in it. If the 2XS is what the recommend go for it.

They're both elastic and flexible.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/galco-cop-ankle-band-holsters.html

Those grips on mine are Buffalo Horn, BTW.

i had the plain black one...and miss it...:-/ btw i bought some colt 380 7 rnd mags from midwayusa and they workded perfect in mine even locked the slide back on last round just if u wanted to buy a few cheaper than sig mags...sig loooooooooves there mags

Guest RobThatsMe
I've been trying to find a holster for the 238 that will work with the laser attached. I've only found one so far.

The Sig 238 paddle holster, which you can purchase directly from Sig for about $25.00 can hold the 238 with the laser sight. It even will hold the P938.

The paddle holster has a plug secured within it, that you can remove if your 238 has the laser.  If not, leave the plug in for those 238's without the laser.

Check out the Sig site.  I have this holser, and it works great.

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/p238-leather-pocket-holster-379.aspx

Edited by RobThatsMe