Connecticut school shooting

I see the ME statements (CNN blog below at 4:11pm), but they don't make sense contrasted against the police statement (8:45am) which places the Bushmaster in the car.

Note that the police statement is described in the blog at the time "as a law enforcement source said previously".

Numerous sources later said the Bushmaster was found inside, and the ME seems quite the credible fellow, I'm pet sure if he's saying the Bushie was the implement, he's right, he's the one that's had hands on all night.

But Garufa probably has the best take on it all.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Note that the police statement is described in the blog at the time "as a law enforcement source said previously".

Numerous sources later said the Bushmaster was found inside, and the ME seems quite the credible fellow, I'm pet sure if he's saying the Bushie was the implement, he's right, he's the one that's had hands on all night.

But Garufa probably has the best take on it all.

- OS

Not the way I read it, but, no matter.

heh. AP still needs to update their BigStory blog site to the correct information as provided by CNN.

And, yes Garufa has the correct take on it. I agree that all the reporting so far has been crap(py).

Edited by R_Bert

Nancy Lanza is turning out to be quite the enigmatic figure, all in all. Spoke to several folks about her affinity with guns but nobody can find where or if she/boys went to shoot, mystery how she made a living since '08 (though I'd guess bucks from the ex), etc.

If the other son and ex start talking publicly, guess more of it will be become clear, dunno.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/nyregion/friends-of-gunmans-mother-his-first-victim-recall-her-as-generous.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

- OS

That NY Times article was one of the worst written I've read, ever. Seriously.
[quote name="Garufa" post="861083" time="1355626234"]When the facts come out let me know.  I'm tired of playing the what happened when game get again.   There is so much bullshit flooding the newswaves right now I don't think anyone has a clear picture of what happend and how.[/quote] I've agreed with several things said on the topic so far but none as wholeheartedly as this. The speculations floating in this thread are as ridiculous and numerous as any in the main stream media and are thick enough to choke 6 donkeys.

That NY Times article was one of the worst written I've read, ever. Seriously.

Pretty scattered flow, yeah. I just grabbed one of several that had basic background. They all read like ransom notes cobbled together from snippets, like much of the early coverage of this whole thang.

edit: since this is a gun forum, the other three claimed "back up" rifles have now been reported to be .45 Henry Repeating Rife (that's their normal lever gun I guess?), a .30 Enfield, and a Marlin .22, but still unclear to me if one or all were in the car, or just back at the home.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

RIP little kids. my daughter is the same age as those kids were.  i wouldnt be able to think straight if this had happened to her in this manner.  im sure many of these parents will need depression meds for a long time.  im interested in seeing how many parents go to home schooling after this.

Edited by Jesse
Guest Mad4rcn
[quote name="LINKS2K" post="861015" time="1355619651"]I wish that the solution was as easy as blaming a persons bad behavior on bad parenting. I'm certain that TGO has some good members who are/were great parents and one of their kids still turned out to be a douche. I can understand the mental illness angle, but anything else is just a cop out for bad decision making.[/quote] One child serving proudly in the military One child working security and as a certified volunteer fireman One child in college and working with the challenged that live In group homes One child that spent two years In jail for various offenses Same house,same parents,same rules,same all around Who knows why ? Still wondering myself.
Guest hillbilly007

Barbara Feinstein said that her office would have a new "Assault Weapons Ban" bill ready to go the first day back after this break.

I have read that she was already working on a new ban.  But nobody is going to call her opportunistic.

Barbara Feinstein said that her office would have a new "Assault Weapons Ban" bill ready to go the first day back after this break.

I have read that she was already working on a new ban. But nobody is going to call her opportunistic.

She has an assault weapon ban in her back pocket, at a moments notice just waiting for a "good" tragedy to whip it out.
  • Like 3
Guest hillbilly007

So what do we do now?

If we say anything we'll be villified.  Its all going to be "for the children".  Its just frustrating.

I guess I'll have to make a shopping list and start stocking up.

So what do we do now?

If we say anything we'll be villified.  Its all going to be "for the children".  Its just frustrating.

I guess I'll have to make a shopping list and start stocking up.

Common sense people aren’t going to vilify us. Common sense people know that outlawing guns won’t keep them out of the hands of criminals. If it did they wouldn’t have crack and meth and we would have a lot less crime.

People like Feinstein have it in their heads that they know what’s best to get them reelected and they aren’t going to listen to anyone else or entertain any discussion about the facts. This will get voted down; if it even makes it to a vote.

But we do need to have a letter writing campaign to our legislators. No emails, no silly azz petitions; letters in their “In” basket.

Guest hillbilly007

I don't think common sense is going to have a chance.  The media outlets have been ginning this up for 2 days now.  Imagine the pressure they can bring to bear in a month.  And we've got a Prez that don't have to worry about re-election, and he can pack the Supreme Court with people that think like him.

It's a Bad Moon rising boys.

Where are lawmakers with guts? Seriously where are they? Where are we as citizens?

I take up the discussion every time it comes up. We must, must, bring education to those around us. The gun control crowd are yelling louder than we are. We MUST protect our rights with words and teach folks that it is bad to own weapons and that bearing them allows us the natural right to life.

The holidays are upon us. Continue your own education and speak to family and friends about it. Share it. Begin the swing of the pendulum back to common sense.

Ask the question: what if someone in that room or the room next to it were able to engage him with a concealed weapon? Stop the surrender of the right to live. Stop dependence on others. Begin in your circles, it will help the next time these silent "pro-gun" politicians are up for reelection.

What a horrible tragedy to be used by those who would enslave us.

.... What a horrible tragedy to be used by those who would enslave us.

And how sad that the ultimate constitutional argument for having "guns that are only made to kill people" is one we can't really use -- that it's in there because it might become necessary to remove a tyrannical government.

Sad that using the true intent of 2A can't be argued because well over half the citizenry sees that as ultimate full tilt bozo wacko point of view.

- OS

• Like 2

Latest gun stuff:

Live news conference, Lt. Paul Vance of CT State Police:

Said Glock was 10mm, Sig was 9mm.

Said shotgun (not described) was only weapon in car, so the other rifles mentioned previously must be in the home.

Said all inside school were killed with the Bushmaster, except Lanza, who killed himself with one of the pistols, but didn't say which one.

Said actually didn't know which gun used on his mom.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot