cool storm photo

Sam1

Absolutely amazing!  My wife is in to photography.  Got her PS CS6 for Christmas!  She's been using Lightroom only for the past year! 

I think landscape photo's blown up & put on canvas are just amazing!  I'd love a house full of them! :)

• Like 1

I'm just now learning LR4 (my first copy of LR).  I have more fun playing with photos on the PC than actually taking them with the camera! 

My wife is much the same way ... Took her 3-4 months to fully get up to snuff with LR, but she absolutely loves it.  She's been researching PS for the past couple of weeks, and she's very intimidated by it, but I think after she actually has the software and can start playing/learning/fiddling with it, she'll learn to love it like she does LR :)

Awesome picture but the destruction left behind is a sad after thought.

Indeed.  :(

My wife is much the same way ... Took her 3-4 months to fully get up to snuff with LR, but she absolutely loves it.  She's been researching PS for the past couple of weeks, and she's very intimidated by it, but I think after she actually has the software and can start playing/learning/fiddling with it, she'll learn to love it like she does LR :)

I've used PS since CS4.  I upgraded to CS6 a week ago.  (to anyone else out there in need of an upgrade from CS3/CS4, you have till 12/31 to upgrade to CS6.  After that, only CS5 users can upgrade at the upgrade price.)

My friend had me over last weekend for a quick tutorial on LR4.  He's a pro photog that has been working with PS since the first edition.  He kept resisting LR, but got on board with LR3.  He now only opens up PS for photos needing serious touch-up work.  When post-processing a sports shoot or a wedding's shots, he does nearly everything in LR.  I could have done just fine with CS4/CS6's Bridge and PS, but since I saw LR4 had dropped to $100 (even cheaper on Amazon), I thought I'd get it to toy with.  I never have to process 100+ photos in a hurry, but if I had to, LR4 would have my photos processed and online in record time!  It is such a valuable tool for pros, I am surprised they've let the price come down so much.