MPD Officer killed - Mayor instantly attacked 2A

We lost an organized crime unit officer this morning.  A second was shot.  They were serving a warrant for narcotics.  Our useless mayor instantly attacked the Second Amendment during the news conference after this morning's shooting.  The Second Amendment has nothing to do with criminals possessing guns.  I already knew Wharton was a piece of feces, so why am I surprised... 

If the mayor attacks the 2A a split second after expressing grief, then I can defend the 2A in the same breath that mourns the loss of an officer. 

The officer is a mother of 4 small kids.  It's gut wrenching.  :(

http://www.wmctv.com/story/20346380/one-mpd-officer-dead-after-shooting

Edited by S&WForty
  • Like 1

What do you expect out of AC?  He is just a polished Willie Herenton.

I heard that the murderer was a 15-16 year old.  Isn't it illegal for a 15yr old to possess a handgun without parental consent, which he probably did not have?  Just another law that does nothing.

Wharton is a slime ball, but all I've heard him say is that he wants to get guns out of the hands of the "wrong people". In his press conference yesterday he said " there are no constitutional protections to guard illegal activity" and "nobody has a Second Amendment right to load up and kill a police officer". Emotional statements, but nothing about taking guns from law abiding citizens yet!

Wharton, like most of the crazy citizens of Memphis is anti-gun, but all I've heard him speak about is stopping illegal gun activity in Memphis, which is a good thing. I also agree that this was not the correct platform to put his feelings about guns on display. Edited by LINKS2K

Wharton is a slime ball, but all I've heard him say is that he wants to get guns out of the hands of the "wrong people". In his press conference yesterday he said " there are no constitutional protections to guard illegal activity" and "nobody has a Second Amendment right to load up and kill a police officer". Emotional statements, but nothing about taking guns from law abiding citizens yet!

Wharton, like most of the crazy citizens of Memphis is anti-gun, but all I've heard him speak about is stopping illegal gun activity in Memphis, which is a good thing. I also agree that this was not the correct platform to put his feelings about guns on display.

He should have never said the words "Second Amendment."   Taking guns from the "wrong people" is fine, but so emphatically calling the Second Amendment by name is an attack on it.  The key word of your post was "yet." 

• Like 2

He should have never said the words "Second Amendment."   Taking guns from the "wrong people" is fine, but so emphatically calling the Second Amendment by name is an attack on it.  The key word of your post was "yet." 

You are preaching to the choir my friend.
  • Like 1