sherriffs posse

Guest bmc50

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Posse" is their Sheriff Reserve program.

You will be required to attend training (subject to 40 hours of In-service each year) qualification with your service weapon, pass the background check, etc. etc.

If you are serious, shoot me your contact info and I can put you in touch with one of them.

The "Posse" is their Sheriff Reserve program.

You will be required to attend training (subject to 40 hours of In-service each year) qualification with your service weapon, pass the background check, etc. etc.

If you are serious, shoot me your contact info and I can put you in touch with one of them.

Is this like Reserve Police?  I wanted to join my city's reserves and they cut the program out due to budget.

Couple years ago, all I had left to do was take the oath and I was in.  But with the son joining Boy Scouts and other family matters, I decided to put it off for a few years.

You do have to complte the regular taining, same as the deputies, get finger printed, psych exam, weapon cert, (45 caliber required).  But unless it has changed, be ready for a bunch of bickering at the meetings. which use to be, maybe still are, the first Tuesday of each month at the Sheriff's dept.  Go talk with Maury, real good guy.  Mike Claiburn use to be the Dept Liaison to the possee.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.