Teens knocking on door and running away.

Jesse

They are? I do the same pyro booby trap to alert me to vandals every year for Halloween after my stuff was trashed one year. Talking to a cop buddy of mine he thought it was hilarious.

Flares are one thing, pungi sticks are something else.  Intent to injure is the issue. 

I like the water sprinkler and wate hose ideas! A lot of people around here use the deer cams to catch crooks & they do work. Even though it's annoying, you don't actually want to do anything to harm these trouble makers.

A few years ago someone in our neighborhood was stealing gas from my dads work truck. After a few nights of it, my dad left a note inside the gas door that said, "I hope the gas was worth it because I'll be waiting for you one of these nights!" The next morning we found the note on the ground and their empty gas jug & hose halfway down our driveway. In this case the note worked because they never stole gas from us again.

Flares are one thing, pungi sticks are something else. Intent to injure is the issue.

Tracking; will keep the victim operated foogas charges on hold for the zombie apocolypse. Of course, if the OP wanted to be less "dramatic" he could just hook one of those 135db rape alarms to the same pull-tab trip wire, and that will certainly keep them from coming back again; especially if they never feel the trip wire they activate, they'll never know what set the alarm off and won't try to deactivate it in the future, they'll just move on to someone else's house.

A very dangerous game they're playing. It could very easily be interpreted that they are trying to gain access if they are kicking the door very hard. That's delving into shooting territory. Having two small kids in the house, I can say that if my door flys open from a kick I'm makin the assumption a home invasion is happening.
  • Like 1

lol at these ideas.   i dont want to do things to make  them think its  a back and forth game.    i want them to be afraid to ever do it again.  i might try and catch them walking in my yard and walk behind them all the way to their house.   if they know I know where they live they might be worried about the police paying them a visit and they wont do it again.

lol at these ideas.   i dont want to do things to make  them think its  a back and forth game.    i want them to be afraid to ever do it again.  i might try and catch them walking in my yard and walk behind them all the way to their house.   if they know I know where they live they might be worried about the police paying them a visit and they wont do it again.

Just make sure they aren't 17 year old thug wan-a-bes out for skittles and a soda.

• Like 1

Well I used to do the same thing as a teen, moon cars as well, all in fun.

Cops fixed me of the want to do it.

Game cam is the trick, catch them, YOU CAN NOT HOLD THEM.

Get the Cops and MOM and DAD involved it will stop.

Wow, does the OP live in my area? We have been having the same thing going on at our home for the past few months. Who ever they are, they are very fast as I can never even catch a glimpse of them. You can't wait on them because it does not happen every night. Just about once a week or two weeks. Front door is hit very hard like it is being kicked. I am not as fast as I used to be, but am still pretty fast, and can not even see them. Does not matter if the porch light is on or not, they still come. A few times the front and back door has been hit/kicked at almost the same instant, that is why I am saying "they". Drives the dogs nuts, scares my wife, and just pisses me off. I have been tempted to just let my boxer/pit mix go when I open the door, but am afraid they are armed and might shoot her if so. So I go out alone but am armed myself, but they are always gone. I do not know how they are doing it as I live on an acre and it is chain link fenced in.

Motion activated water sprinklers.

We have a couple that lives up the street, who would walk their dog and allow it to poo in our yard. After asking them several times to stop, I installed motion activated sprinklers. It kept the dog and owners away, but, the mailman made several complaints about getting wet when he delivered out mail! So we stopped, and the couple walks their dogs up to the other end of the street.

Dave S