Trijicon Nite Site Opinions

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and the only thing that I could think to tell her was for some Trijicon's for my Glock 17. Instead, she got me a gift card to the Nashville Armory for our 19th anniversary on the 10th, and told me that I could use that to get my "sight thinggys".

After looking around on the web, I'm not too sure that I still want to do this. Afterall, the gun isn't a carry gun and usually sits inside the box. If I needed it for defensive purposes in the middle of the night, would the sights be charged? What I'm reading is that there needs to be a light source to charge them, and that the charge can take about 5 minutes to do so.

I'd like to hear your opinions on these, based on what I said about keeping the gun inside of the box... or maybe even the bedside table drawer.

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don"t have a Glock but have a 1911 that had Trijicon's that needed to be replaced. I chose the Tru-Glos.

After having them mounted I decided I don't like them as well as the Trijicon's.

I prefer the white circle around the Trijcon and feel in intermediate light that they are easier to pick up than the Tru -Glo. I know it doesn't make sense since the fiber optic should help but that is my experience.

I am having my sights changed when I get home in early Jan. by my local gunsmith.

YMMV.

Jeff

• Moderators

I don"t have a Glock but have a 1911 that had Trijicon's that needed to be replaced. I chose the Tru-Glos.

After having them mounted I decided I don't like them as well as the Trijicon's.

I prefer the white circle around the Trijcon and feel in intermediate light that they are easier to pick up than the Tru -Glo. I know it doesn't make sense since the fiber optic should help but that is my experience.

I am having my sights changed when I get home in early Jan. by my local gunsmith.

YMMV.

Jeff

Just goes to show why it is a great thing there are choices. I HATE the silver/white circles on the Trijicon night sights. They are distracting and cause me problems gaining a sight picture. I love my Trijicon Reflex on my AR, but for a handgun, I will stick to my Tru-Glow Sights.

Just goes to show why it is a great thing there are choices. I HATE the silver/white circles on the Trijicon night sights. They are distracting and cause me problems gaining a sight picture. I love my Trijicon Reflex on my AR, but for a handgun, I will stick to my Tru-Glow Sights.

Agreed.

You have to experiment and see what works for you.

I liked (as well as my wife) the Tru-Glo's on her Sig P238.

Just didn't work for me on the 1911.

Jeff