Here is some Syrian Ingenuity

gjohnsoniv

The hose in the 4th pic has to be a crew served hookah pipe.

"Loader ready!"

"Fire"

"Ahh"

Dolomite

That or a speaking pipe was gonna be my first guess.

I have seen many construction workers rig up similar contraptions to get wee in the porta-potty from several floors up. I didn't see any easy way in or out of that thing, so logic flowed.

Pretty neat from an ingenuity stand point. From a practicality standpoint, that is a lot of work invested into a contraption that will be chewed apart by one AP belt from a PKC. That remote weapon system set up would be better served from a static ambush position with the operator off site. Very low tech and can be sacrificed and replicated easily.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

It would be better then my truck for small arms fire.

I have considered determining the feasibility of adding 1/2" steel plate to the empty space areas of my Xterra between the outer skin and the interior panels. It is already a gas guzzler, what's a few hundred extra pounds?
Guest fauklin
[quote name='Chucktshoes' timestamp='1355280281' post='858643']1/2" plate will add more than a few hundred lbs. Well over a thousand. Bionic Postand that's why we ask these kinds of questions. :lol:[/quote] No worries. That's what we are here for. Might wanna get something a bit heavier duty for a diy lav Bionic Post
Guest seawolf138
[quote name='Chucktshoes' timestamp='1355279518' post='858636']It would be better then my truck for small arms fire. I have considered determining the feasibility of adding 1/2" steel plate to the empty space areas of my Xterra between the outer skin and the interior panels. It is already a gas guzzler, what's a few hundred extra pounds?[/quote] I seem to recall an episode of mythbusters or some knock off where they lined the inner panels with phone books. It didn't stop everything, but it did a lot more than I expected. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ok guys I said I would never post this but here goes.

Last year I bought a bunch of 1/4" ceramic tile for .59 each. They were 1' square and I bought them with the intent of seeing how well they would work for stopping bullets. I took two pieces and sandwiched a 1/4" piece of foam between them. The foam is for standoff to the the bullet fragment before hitting the second plate. I set them up with a tshirt over it and leaned agaist a carboard box. I shot it with 223, 45 ACP and 9mm. The 223 bullet material barely made it through and was lodged inside the cardbard. The 9mm and 45 ACP were stopped by the second plate.

This is not to be interpreted as being a good option as a lifesaving device. If you use it as such you will likely die. Do not attempt to do what I did because what I did was stupid, dangerous and I am lucky I did not put an eye out or worse.

But as a end of times means of providing SOME protection it might work. Even a single plate will likely cause the bullet to fragment, reducing its energy. I am going to make some more except this time I am going to wrap it in fiberglass and shoot it with 7.62x39.

Dolomite