What would you do?

Guest DarylDixon

Guest DarylDixon
I have a Smith & Wesson revolver that I put up for sale for $700 or trade.

One guy is offering me an HK USP .45 with 3 mags

The other guy is offering me two Remington 870 Express Magnum 12 ga shotguns. plus $50

I already own a different .45, but I don't own any shotguns.

What would you do if you were me?
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DarylDixon

[quote name='maroonandwhite' timestamp='1355175040' post='858035']
If you hunt you could use one 870 as a hunting gun and convert the other to a home defense gun. I mean you will already have $50 towards an extended tube. :up: I guess it depends on how much you will use the HK vs the shotguns though.
[/quote]

I would definitely want to make one of them tactical as hell with a pistol grip, adjustable stock, and higher capacity

Guest DarylDixon
I'm so freaking torn about this. I suppose I could get the HK and probably trade for more later as I think the HK is worth more than the gun I'm trading. It's probably more desirable to people with higher quality firearms for later trading..I dunno
Guest DarylDixon
[quote name='maroonandwhite' timestamp='1355175806' post='858045']
An 870 is a pretty easy gun to sell or trade too so you COULD always get rid of one of them. I regret ever getting rid of mine.
[/quote]

I'm the guy who likes to have 2 of any firearm that is a keeper...you know for Zombie Apocalypse purposes.
Guest DarylDixon
[quote name='glowdotGlock' timestamp='1355176571' post='858061']
I'd go with the twin 870's if they are in good shape.
[/quote]

Based on the pics they seem to be in pretty good shape http://www.armslist.com/posts/682395/knoxville-tennessee-shotguns-for-sale--two-870-s

[quote name='Just_Another_Walker' timestamp='1355176647' post='858063']
on a serious note, the more i think about it....i would go with the shot guns?
everybody needs a good 12 gauge and the ones in question are good.
if you like that "tacti-cool" look than by selling one of them you would have $$$ to buy the stuff to deck it out with.

my joke would be simply one word......crap!
[/quote]

Yes, I would definitely have to "tact-cool" one but would probably keep the other one stock for hunting etc.
Guest DarylDixon
[quote name='graycrait' timestamp='1355189021' post='858182']
What model is the S&W revolver?
[/quote]

It was a S&W Governor

Making a trade tomorrow for the pair if shotguns
Guest DarylDixon
[quote name='graycrait' timestamp='1355189021' post='858182']
What model is the S&W revolver?
[/quote]

It was a S&W Governor

Making a trade tomorrow for the pair if shotguns
I had an 870 Super mag and would not get another... My vote goes to the HK. My 870 would not eject shells even after being sent back to Remington. I realize that 99% of these guns work great, but mine still didn't work even after being sent back. I will never buy another 870.
Guest TankerHC
I only own shotguns now for Home Defense. But the shotguns value wise are worth it, same with the HK deal. But, do you want it?

I have to turn down deals all the time that would go in my favor, because I am not going to take anything I dont want.

If you want either, I say go for it.

When I post a trade, Im usually out for something specific, so I post that. I like my guns, thats why I bought them, so if I put something up, and it doesnt go for what I am looking for, Im more than happy to keep my gun.

And on the trades plus cash, I dont bother worrying about the cash unless its significant. Too easy to spend 50 or a hundred dollars.

Take a gun plus 50 bucks in trade, sped the 50 bucks, now you have a gun that is probably worth less than the one you traded and might not like, especially if you have never owned one.

Anyone can do whatever they like with their property, as for me, I would pass on both these deals and hold out for something else unless you really want another shotgun or an HK. Edited by TankerHC
[quote name='Just_Another_Walker' timestamp='1355175370' post='858039']
hey...be careful...i have made a few "walker point of view" posts and have had my head bitten off by two members on here!!! ha ha ha
my sense of humor has not been appreciated. i will have to stop I guess????
[/quote]

Just for the record, you did not have your "head bitten off". Tell the truth, please.
Guest DarylDixon

I only own shotguns now for Home Defense. But the shotguns value wise are worth it, same with the HK deal. But, do you want it?

I have to turn down deals all the time that would go in my favor, because I am not going to take anything I dont want.

If you want either, I say go for it.

When I post a trade, Im usually out for something specific, so I post that. I like my guns, thats why I bought them, so if I put something up, and it doesnt go for what I am looking for, Im more than happy to keep my gun.

And on the trades plus cash, I dont bother worrying about the cash unless its significant. Too easy to spend 50 or a hundred dollars.

Take a gun plus 50 bucks in trade, sped the 50 bucks, now you have a gun that is probably worth less than the one you traded and might not like, especially if you have never owned one.

Anyone can do whatever they like with their property, as for me, I would pass on both these deals and hold out for something else unless you really want another shotgun or an HK.

Fortunately a pair of shotguns was exactly what I was looking for. I approached him about it. Glad he wanted to make the trade. Meeting up today.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarylDixon

I ended up trading for two Remington 870 express Magnum shotguns. One of them has a wooded stock and the other one was synthetic. On the synthetic one, I changed out the stock and put on a pistol grip/adjustable stock. I changed out the forend and added rails on the front of it for a light. Also added some storage on the side for extra shells. The only other things I need to add now are a light, a sling, a shorter barrel, and an extended magazine. 

5748DFA0-218D-4918-B73B-48C5A5027068-195