Deputy Sheriff Protects Activists First Amendment Rights

daddyo

Bravo to this deputy for knowing and defending a citizen's constitutional right against a bureaucrat.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-G8k44m3VE&feature=g-hist"]https://www.youtube....&feature=g-hist[/url]

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of Alex Jones and I don't listen to his radio program. Edited by DaddyO
  • Like 3
Guest Fingersoup
I was so proud of this deputy when I saw this on YouTube that I tweeted his dpt. commending his professional demeanor with the public and defense of the constitution. Look at all the comments in the comment section.. It’s a shame that his attitude is such an exception rather than the rule to the point where everyone (including myself) is so shocked at him actually doing his job and being polite about it.

Here's a news report on the incident.. [font=courier new,courier,monospace]"Deputy Sheriff Stan Lenic, the cop who stood up for the First Amendment by refusing to impede the free speech rights of activists at Albany International Airport, has become an Internet icon, with messages of support flooding in to the Albany County Sheriff's Office and Lenic being honored with a commendation."[/font] - more in the video discription.

[media]http://youtu.be/m5ZiMoo43HU[/media]

I wonder if he is a member of the [i]Oath Keepers[/i]? Edited by Fingersoup
The Albany county sheriff's office should be proud of deputy Lenic. He's was the most professional LEO that I have ever seen {I even use to be one} He stayed courteous and professional thru out the whole ordeal. Even with that old rube demanding he toss them out. The look on his face when he wouldn't was priceless. even "winking" at the deputy wouldn't work. Bet he gave the deputy's supervisor a headache with all the phone calls.

Edited by Shug

Bravo to this deputy for knowing and defending a citizen's constitutional right against a bureaucrat.

https://www.youtube....&feature=g-hist

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of Alex Jones and I don't listen to his radio program.

That's funny!

I know the LEO did a great job and that's all cool, but what I really liked about this video is seeing today's youth standing up for their rights. There is far too little of that today. And young people are so much more influenced by peer pressure which in today's culture is the liberalization of America. Bravo to them for standing up. 

• Like 1