Crazy gun trading day

graycrait

I picked up a pair of Sig 239s, a 10/22 with a 16.5" threaded barrel and two bottles of wine in a trade. I surely like shooting the single stack Sigs. One has a short reset trigger which I may end up switching out to standard reset.

[IMG]http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab181/graycrait/TwoSig239s.jpg[/IMG]
[quote name='graycrait' timestamp='1354842933' post='856156']
I picked up a pair of Sig 239s, a 10/22 with a 16.5" threaded barrel and two bottles of wine in a trade. ...[/quote]

A box of cigars and you'd have won the ATF trifecta.

- OS
  • Like 2
TMF, nothing I have shot in handguns can compare to the X-Five, however it is a beast in size and merely a range toy unless you it is your nightstand pistol with a railed light or you have specific tactical application for it. However, FIST did get me to trade the X-Five for a neat AR project gun.

If you like the X-Five but really like .45 ACP I would recommend you try out a Sig 220 SAO in .45ACP. The best handgun shooter I have ever seen (ex-Army, cop and now FBI SWAT) carries 1911's every day but tells me that if you want to have the equivalent of a $3K 1911 just buy a Sig 220 SAO.

Oh Shoot, ATF trifecta, that is a good one. I gave up smoking some years ago though, but not shooting or wine drinking. So maybe I am still under the ATFs radar... hmmm, probably not.. Edited by graycrait
[quote name='graycrait' timestamp='1354844898' post='856183']

If you like the X-Five but really like .45 ACP I would recommend you try out a Sig 220 SAO in .45ACP. The best handgun shooter I have ever seen (ex-Army, cop and now FBI SWAT) carries 1911's every day but tells me that if you want to have the equivalent of a $3K 1911 just buy a Sig 220 SAO.

[/quote]

To be honest, I'm not crazy about carrying a .45, I just like the platform I carry it on. With that said, I carry my 4 inch 1911 OWB and concealed and find it pretty comfy. I think I could get away with carrying the X5 concealed, but would like to see it an inch shorter sans rail. If that weapon exists I'll be putting up my Kimber and Glock for sale, because I won't need them for anything anymore.
Mike.357,

I probably shouldn't tell what I traded but then maybe it will show folks what a softy I am and show that I like trading and shooting more than possessing. Frankly, I can shoot any handgun well enough but I do have favorites. I traded one of my Glock 17Ls, a 1st Gen G17 and my frankenstein G26 .22LR. The guy I traded with has a butt load of Sigs but wants to go back to Glocks and I happen to like single stack Sigs but hadn't owned any but have shot them before. This guy has 24 ARs, around 16 Sig 556's and no one, including him, kinow how many handguns he has. He is eccentric. The wine I got was nothing collectible or remarkable, and it goes rather quickly with me. Most who know get that I am a sucker for dry and red. He is a good dog man, so I give a lot of latitude to folks who can handle and understand dogs.

I was also out to a fellas "estate" today in my '91 F150 with '88 Mustang V8 engine and Flowmasters looking at his old 10/22s and giving him '71 and '56 Remingtons for an indetermined amount of time until I get his 10/22s back to 100% reliable with crap ammo. I may have traded 700.00 worth of Remington's for 300.00 worth of 10/22s. I can't understand how a couple can live in a 6,000 sq ft house, has horse and cow barns, but no livestock, dogs or cats.

I am looking for a nice older H&R Sportsman .22 revolver to trade for.

Craig in Clarksville
  • Like 1

[quote name='graycrait' timestamp='1354854876' post='856281']
He is eccentric..... I may have traded 700.00 worth of Remington's for 300.00 worth of 10/22s. ...[/quote]

Yeah, [i]he[/i] sounds pretty eccentric, all right. But [i]you[/i] don't of course. ;)

- OS

Mike.357,

Wine was: Renwood Syrah 2004 and Our Daily Red 2010

Oh Shoot, Eccentric - me? Maybe I am. Reminds me of a time when the planning staff of a military division HQ asked me to come over and review one of their plans. I asked the "Jedi Knights" why they asked me to look at their plan. I was told that I didn't look at things the same way as most others and that they wanted a different perspective. I guess eccentric can be a good thing - sometimes.
Let me know[quote name='hipower' timestamp='1354899677' post='856510']
X-5 for an MSAR? Let me think about this. It could happen.
[/quote]

PM me when you decide.