Here we go..Zimmerman's at it again!

Guest Gwith40
Zimmerman is now being represented on the civil side by the Beasley firm, out of Philadelphia. This is a very high-powered law firm, with the distinction of winning the largest awards in Pennsylvania history. I don't believe these guys would be involved unless they believe there are substantial dollar signs in play. If I read correctly, the law school at Temple University is named after one of the firm heads.
This situation kind of reminds me of a bully situation. Angela Corey is like the big bully at a small playground. Look at her history of forcing plea deals against defendants with no financial backing. She has always gotten her way. Unfortunately for Corey, the playground just got a lot larger, with bigger bullies. Don't forget, this woman had the audacity to call Harvard Law School and threaten to sue them, simply because Alan Dershowitz criticized her poor case.
  • Moderators
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1354884415' post='856362']
I have made no bones about it. I’m not on the “Innocent permit holder defended himself” bandwagon. Based on what I have read, this man accosted and murdered an innocent kid walking down the street.

The elections over; let’s get on with a trial.[/quote]

That you hold the view you do when all of the actual evidence supports the claims of GZ is exactly why NBC is getting sued. They did their job quite well in painting a picture of GZ as a vigilante racist and tainting the prospective jury pool. I hope GZ gets enough money out of the bastards to not only pay for his criminal defense in the farce of a prosecution, but to have enough left over to not have to work again. Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 3
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354896529' post='856463']
, I believe that the "Z" character would be on trial for manslaughter.
[/quote]

Z was only arrested and charged after a huge media frenzy. That wouldn't have happened if the thug wasn't a 12 year old black kid that looked like Obama's son.
  • Like 1
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1354897841' post='856488']
Z was only arrested and charged after a huge media frenzy. That wouldn't have happened if the thug wasn't a 12 year old black kid that looked like Obama's son.
[/quote]There you go again....confusing fantasy with reality.

The sweet, little, innocent "twelve year old" black kid was who the media and the race-baiters wanted you to think was the "victim"; not the thuggish, gansta looking 17 year old.

EDIT: Now, just to be clear; I'm not in any way suggesting that someone deserves to be killed for the way they look...I'm just commenting on the outright lies presented by the media and the "black community". Edited by RobertNashville
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1354897841' post='856488']

Z was only arrested and charged after a huge media frenzy. That wouldn't have happened if the thug wasn't a 12 year old black kid that looked like Obama's son.[/quote]

Yes, but that is to assume that one had to do with the other. Casey Anthony was also arrested and charged after a huge media frenzy. So was OJ Simpson. I don't believe that the media was the deciding factor there. Keep in mind that both those individuals were found not guilty even though they most likely were, so I wouldn't worry about Z not getting a fair trial. If the evidence doesn't support it he will go free. If it does he will go to jail. I'm not excusing all the morons involved here such as NBC. I don't believe there are any redeeming characters in this situation. But I'm not allowing the racist lefties involved here cloud my judgement one way or the other. Just because the racist vulture media committed an atrocity here, that doesn't mean the man is innocent. Edited by TMF
  • Like 1
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1354898179' post='856492']
There you go again....confusing fantasy with reality.

The sweet, little, innocent "twelve year old" black kid was who the media and the race-baiters wanted you to think was the "victim"; not the thuggish, gansta looking 17 year old.

EDIT: Now, just to be clear; I'm not in any way suggesting that someone deserves to be killed for the way they look...I'm just commenting on the outright lies presented by the media and the "black community".
[/quote]

"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon." May be one of the few times Obama actually told the truth...

[IMG]http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac195/mikegideon1/TrayvonSuckerscopy.jpg[/IMG]
  • Like 3

[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354898553' post='856497']
Yes, but that is to assume that one had to do with the other. Casey Anthony was also arrested and charged after a huge media frenzy. So was OJ Simpson. I don't believe that the media was the deciding factor there. Keep in mind that both those individuals were found not guilty even though they most likely were, so I wouldn't worry about Z not getting a fair trial. If the evidence doesn't support it he will go free. If it does he will go to jail. I'm not excusing all the morons involved here such as NBC. I don't believe there are any redeeming characters in this situation. But I'm not allowing the racist lefties involved here cloud my judgement one way or the other. Just because the racist vulture media committed an atrocity here, that doesn't mean the man is innocent.
[/quote]

So... if you and I were on that jury, he would still walk :). We all know Zimmerman screwed up by not cowering in his truck. Fact is though, he had as much right to be there as Martin. Who initiated violent action, and was Z in fear for his life? It's really that simple.

[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1354899418' post='856505']

So... if you and I were on that jury, he would still walk :). We all know Zimmerman screwed up by not cowering in his truck. Fact is though, he had as much right to be there as Martin. Who initiated violent action, and was Z in fear for his life? It's really that simple.[/quote]

I don't think it is that simple though. Like I said, if this was about self defense alone his trial would last a day and he would be a free man. I dont disagree at all that he was in fear for his life. There is more to this story than that, and there will most certainly be more evidence when this goes to trial.

• Like 1
[quote name='Chucktshoes' timestamp='1354897480' post='856482']
That you hold the view you do when all of the actual evidence supports the claims of GZ is exactly why NBC is getting sued. They did their job quite well in painting a picture of GZ as a vigilante racist and tainting the prospective jury pool. I hope GZ gets enough money out of the bastards to not only pay for his criminal defense in the farce of a prosecution, but to have enough left over to not have to work again.
[/quote]
With all of the support, donations and lawyers GZ is getting, we might actually see a slander suit filed against the thug's "parents" and Sharpton;s crew too.
Guest cardcutter
[quote name='strickj' timestamp='1354904447' post='856544']
With all of the support, donations and lawyers GZ is getting, we might actually see a slander suit filed against the thug's "parents" and Sharpton;s crew too.
[/quote]
We can only hope! I would love to see the jackson,sharpton hate for hire machine actualy held accountable for a change.
To believe this murder is okay, you need to believe that Martin had no right to "stand his ground", and you need to believe that Zimmerman had no responsibility for his reckless actions that put him in the situation he was in.

It was erroneously report that the cops investigated and didn't want to arrest Zimmerman until the haters got involved. It has since been proven that wasn't true; the lead detectives ask the DA for an arrest warrant after they interviewed Zimmer and the DA refused. Would the DA have refused if that had been a rich white kid? I don't know, but I know the Governor and the State Attorney General reviewed his decision and decided to bench him and send someone else in.

Do I think race played in part in Zimmermans reckless conduct? I don't know. Did he think because the kid was black he didn't belong there? Would he have chased down the child of one of the local white families? I doubt it.

I know that Zimmerman made a real bad choice in getting out of his truck and running that kid down. I believe that Martin was probably scared and for all we know may have seen the gun and was fighting for his life. Zimmerman caused that, and the fact that he caused a kid to attack him doesn't mean he gets a free pass to kill him. He set everything in motion; Martin was an innocent kid walking down the street minding his own business, and because Zimmerman intervened he is dead.

Will justice be done at trial? I don't know, but lets get on with it. Will Zimmerman win a civil suit against NBC? I don't know but if he does Martins family will take every penny of it.
  • Like 2
[quote name='DaddyO' timestamp='1354905690' post='856557']
Wasn't someone talking about being a Monday morning quarterback over in another thread?
[/quote]
If that's directed at me; we all are. That is what we do, that is all we can do. When this goes to trial there may be evidence presented that changes my mind. But right now, based on what I read I think this guy is guilty of murder. I don't live in Florida, I'm not on the jury and have absolutely zero chance of being called. Just like everyone else; its just my opinion. Sorry we don't agree.
  • Like 1
Martin may not have deserved to die, but he was not some innocent lil kid out on a stroll. He was a 6'2" football player, walking around a neighborhood he didn't live in, in a hoodie pulled up late at night. Not to mention the THC found in his system.

THC results

http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/18/traces-of-marijuana-found-in-trayvon-martins-body-does-it-matter-2/

So we know he was a drug user.

His pictures the same year he was killed. Looks so innocent and young and helpless.

[IMG]http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee356/tnplowboy07/Trayvon_Martin.jpg[/IMG]

Zimmerman confronting him doesn't give him the right to to kick the #### out of him. Maybe if the 17 year old had been home where he belonged, this wouldn't have happened.

[IMG]http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee356/tnplowboy07/zimmerman.jpg[/IMG]
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1354905498' post='856554']
It was erroneously report that the cops investigated and didn't want to arrest Zimmerman until the haters got involved. It has since been proven that wasn't true; the lead detectives ask the DA for an arrest warrant after they interviewed Zimmer and the DA refused. Would the DA have refused if that had been a rich white kid? I don't know, but I know the Governor and the State Attorney General reviewed his decision and decided to bench him and send someone else in.
[/quote]
The DA did not have enough to charge GZ.
After NBC released the doctored recording and the resulting public outcry and protests, they brought in anther special DA to file charges.

Even if you think GZ is guilty, you must admit that there is no evidence there to support malice or premeditation needed for 2nd degree murder.
  • Like 1
Guest Gwith40
Zimmerman had every legal right to be where he was. Even if following someone is considered ill-advised by some, it is not illegal.
Most in the department did not want to charge Zimmerman. The few who did want to pursue an indictment appear to have had their own motives. Recall that the lead detective who wanted to pursue the indictment is now on third-shift patrol duty and has hired his own attorney. He is not using the city attorney. Why? There are also indications that he was pressured by others in the department to push the case. It so happens two were minorities and one was in a relationship with a minority.

The state attorney and the chief did not want to pursue an indictment because the evidence indicated Zimmerman was telling the truth. Nonetheless, there was a presentation scheduled in front of a grand jury. This was the proper way to handle the case. By taking the case away from a citizen grand jury, Corey tacitly admitted she didn't think an indictment would happen. This is legal in Florida, but in my opinion circumvents the spirit of the Constitution of the United States.

The evidence indicates that Martin doubled back to confront Zimmerman, not the other way around. If you believe Zimmerman chased Martin down, you need to really think about that seriously. The state investigator on the witness stand admitted that the state could not show any evidence that Zimmerman threw the first punch.

He caused a kid to attack him? Nonsense. So, you are saying Martin had no control over his actions? Absolute nonsense.

I seriously doubt the Martin family will get anything from Zimmerman. After he is granted immunity, he will not have to worry about that. In fact, the family may have to give up some of the money gained by trademarking Trayvons name and the trash can tour they have been on.

If I were sitting on the lawsuit jury against NBC(if it gets that far without settlement) I would be thinking in terms of seven zeroes, not six. I believe this calls for severe punishment for all who conspired to make this a race- based sensation. That includes the governor, the state attorneys office, Ryan Julison(the media consultant who ginned this up to begin with), Judge Lester(who was tossed off the the case for bias), Angela Corey, Bernie De le randa, the Crump law firm and associates, several local media outlets, Matt Gutman and ABC news, CBS news for a misleading graphic presentation, the lead detective on the case, Al Sharpton and others who tried to make this about race and money.

Quite frankly, I think there is a really good RICO case to be made here. It is becoming more and more obvious that several individuals have conspired against Zimmerman under color of authority. Money, power, racial bias and fear of riots were the motivations. Corey expected Zimmerman to fold and agree to a plea deal, so she could look like the great prosecutor. It didn't happen that way and now it is all falling apart.
[quote name='strickj' timestamp='1354907215' post='856568']

Even if you think GZ is guilty, you must admit that there is no evidence there to support malice or premeditation needed for 2nd degree murder.[/quote]

No evidence that we're aware of. But I'm not on the prosecution so I don't know what they have. Certainly they must have something good to have charged him with 2nd degree versus manslaughter.

My opinion is based on reasonable assumptions from Zimmerman's admitted actions and what was recorded on the dispatch tapes. I don't believe this is more than manslaughter, but I don't have all the evidence. I am very interested to see what they have.
Guest cardcutter
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1354905498' post='856554']

Do I think race played in part in Zimmermans reckless conduct? I don't know. Did he think because the kid was black he didn't belong there? Would he have chased down the child of one of the local white families? I doubt it.

[/quote]
So your saying you don't know if race played a part in it but race definately played a part in it.?

I've learned one very important thing form the Zimmerman/Martin case...

When I see someone walking through my neighborhood at night and it's someone I'm pretty sure doesn't live there (and yes, I do have a pretty good, although not perfect knowledge of my neighbors) and he looks like a gansta the only logical course of action for me is to cower in my house and hope he doesn't decide to break in (and if he decided to break into a neighbors house that's there problem).

I now know this because obviously, if I make any attempt to leave my home and figure out if this 6'2" "kid" is a threat to me or my neighbors or whether he is just out for some skittles and soda and the "kid" decides to attack me because he thinks I'm following (even though I've clearly disengaged and is heading back to my vehicle) then I'm obviously the one in the wrong and I should just let him beat my brains against the sidewalk.

Got it. :hat:

I'm glad that's been cleared up for me.

• Like 3
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1354906039' post='856561']
If that's directed at me; we all are. That is what we do, that is all we can do. When this goes to trial there may be evidence presented that changes my mind. But right now, based on what I read I think this guy is guilty of murder. I don't live in Florida, I'm not on the jury and have absolutely zero chance of being called. Just like everyone else; its just my opinion. Sorry we don't agree.
[/quote]
Some of us weigh the known f-a-c-t-s, testimony and indications based on the information made public thus far, others gobble up the version that the [i]media[/i] serves.
  • Like 2
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354909298' post='856589']
No evidence that we're aware of.[/quote]
Hence the reason that in America, people are considered innocent until [i]proven[/i] guilty.
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1354909298' post='856589']But I'm not on the prosecution so I don't know what they have. Certainly they must have something good to have charged him with 2nd degree versus manslaughter.
[/quote]Prosecutors sometimes shoot higher than what they want to get to leave room for a lower ruling or a plea deal.
  • Like 1
[quote name='mcurrier' timestamp='1354918554' post='856636']...Prosecutors sometimes shoot higher than what they want to get to leave room for a lower ruling or a plea deal.[/quote]

That's right...I seem to remember something about some Duke lacrosse players and an overzealous DA that I believe is not only not a DA anymore but not a licensed attorney anymore either.
  • Like 1
[quote name='Gwith40' timestamp='1354907350' post='856572']...The state attorney and the chief did not want to pursue an indictment because the evidence indicated Zimmerman was telling the truth. Nonetheless, there was a presentation scheduled in front of a grand jury. This was the proper way to handle the case. By taking the case away from a citizen grand jury, Corey tacitly admitted she didn't think an indictment would happen. This is legal in Florida, but in my opinion circumvents the spirit of the Constitution of the United States.[/quote]

Don't really disagree with your take on the whole issue but I thought I'd comment on the Grand Jury issue.

As far as I know, it is not necessary or required that any case be heard by a Grand Jury and that a DA can always proceed, file charges and go to trial without a case ever going to the GJ. So...what I'm saying here is that I don't think there is anything improper about a case not being presented to the GJ.

What [u][i][b]is[/b][/i][/u] curious here is the question of why was the GJ appearance cancelled.

Of course we'll almost certainly never know but given all that happened in this case, it's not unreasonable to think the the DA that took over didn't want to go to the GJ because she (I think it's a she) was, shall we say, less than confident about their evidence convincing a GJ and didn't want to risk getting a no bill. Of course, some will say that the evidence was so strong that there was just no reason to go. I guess each person will just have to decide for themselves what the real reason for cancelling the GJ appearance might have been.