Because 1 is none and 2 is one, and shopping for guns is fun.

Guest DarylDixon

Guest DarylDixon

I heard someone talking about a military saying and I found it interesting. They said "1 is none and 2 is 1", meaning that in a survival situation, only having one of something, such as a particular handgun, is a bad idea. If one breaks, you are out of luck. That's why I bought a 2nd Springfield XD 9mm sub-compact today. If one breaks, I still have an extra one and parts can be harvested from the broken one if necessary.

...and that's when my wife suggested I not buy anymore guns for a little while. :panic:

...and that's when I suggested that I take her shooting for the first time this weekend :hat:

...and that's when she'll fall in love with it and ask for a gun for Christmas :drool:

...and that's when I get to go gun shopping again :no1:

It's the circle of life. :clap:

[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1354677887' post='855088']
One is none. Unless its a Ruger revolver.
[/quote][quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1354677887' post='855088']
One is none. Unless its a Ruger revolver.
[/quote]Or Glock. *cough* *cough* *start fight*
  • Like 3
Guest DarylDixon
[quote name='hi im drummer03' timestamp='1354679091' post='855104']
Why use other for parts when Springfield has a lifetime warranty?
[/quote]

I'm talking about a SHTF survival situation where parts and warranty service would be unavailable.

Certainly if you have other models of guns chambered in the same caliber, then that would be acceptable...but if you have one .45, one 9mm, and one shotgun, and your 9mm breaks , then your 9mm ammo becomes only useful for bartering with someone who has a working 9mm.
If you have 2 different 9mm pistols and one breaks, you are left with only one and you have no repair options.

If you have 2 9mm pistols that are the same, then all the mags, holsters, and parts are interchangeable. You would be better off IMHO.
Guest DarylDixon

[quote name='Steelharp' timestamp='1354672853' post='855032']

As most women... I'm sure she has two "guns" already. ;)
[/quote]

That she does...
That. She. Does:)

I love my girl to death, but she kinda has to put up with my gun fetish. At this point, I think she figures I'm gonna run out of creative ways to cram anything else in the safe. She's probably right. If I go for a bigger safe, she'll simply shoot me with one of my guns (or hers). Everything works out in the end :)

Guest DarylDixon
I was just joking about taking my wife shooting so she'll let me buy more guns. I've been wanting to take her for a while. That's hard to do with 3 kids 5 and under. We got a babysitter for Saturday. Taking her to the range. I think she'll love it.
[quote name='gjohnsoniv' timestamp='1354679196' post='855105']
Or Glock. *cough* *cough* *start fight*
[/quote]
[quote name='gjohnsoniv' timestamp='1354679196' post='855105']
Or Glock. *cough* *cough* *start fight*
[/quote]

OOooo yeah!! Double Quote!!!

I happen to have 3 Glocks in the house.....waiting on a special deal on the 4th.