No more Autozone for me!!!!!

KaNuckles

I work for the Nazizone. It's definitely true they have a sort of "zero tolerance" policy. No weapons on premisis including knives. I keep my pistol in my truck if I ever have to use it at work then my job is the least of my concerns. A former coworker was written up for calling in a tag number to the police department. He didn't interfere or interact with the thief at all
The people that are standing behind this decision need to be outed publicly by name. This man was not violating a policy; he was saving another mans life.
No more AutoZone for me.... of course they won't care.

The good news is though, because of this story he will probably get a better job. Not many people could do what he did under that kind of stress. Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 2
[quote name='Lions Fan' timestamp='1354643971' post='854793']
I bet the people that decided to fire him would have been in a corner crying in a puddle of their on piss. I hate that criminals are realizing that companies are forcing their employees to not fight back.
[/quote]
Your exactly right. Corporate is a bunch of lily-livers that will let Muslims off for their religious beliefs but I have worked Easter Sunday for the past 3 years. I'm honestly ashamed.
I worked for Autozone as a manager in the mi 90s and that company went to $#+ when Pitt Hyde retired and he is probably rolling over right now. His attitude was one that one will never forget. One of my favorite business quotes is from him. A company is made up of good people all these buildings are worth nothing without good people inside. I work for Lowes now and am sure I would be fired for defending myself or fellow employees even with bare hands.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone

[quote name='SWJewellTN' timestamp='1354648367' post='854830']
Customers pay the bills and employees increase the liability. :shrug:
[/quote]

Interesting. That suggests that business owners are more trusting of people they probably don't know as well as their employees.

[quote name='Volzfan' timestamp='1354653098' post='854870']
The sad truth is probably most businesses have a similar policy that no one hears about until something like this ends up on the news.
[/quote]

And the even sadder truth is that a boycott of their business by the "gun community" won't put a dent in their bottom line.

A friend in college was robbed in a similar fashion. The burglars took him into a back room, shot him, and left him for dead. He crawled back to a phone and called 911. He nearly bled out waiting for the cops to clear the store so the EMT's could come in and work on him.
[quote name='DaddyO' timestamp='1354651242' post='854859']
Interesting. That suggests that business owners are more trusting of people they probably don't know as well as their employees.
[/quote]I don't think that trust has anything to do with it. Think of how many people on here post that they'll never do business with a company that's anti-gun. Companies consider that too, and they don't want to kill profits because they want to control their customers, but they can control their employees and have liability for their actions.
For me it's more about the fact that they fired the guy than the policy they have for their employees. It's clear that he was respecting their rules since the gun was in his truck. I mean he more than likely saved a guys life AND the store a few bucks.

And sadly you are probably right. Edited by maroonandwhite
  • Like 1
[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1354656199' post='854905']
if you refuse to do business with companies that don't allow their employees to carry guns I am not sure where you can do business at.
[/quote]Personally, I don't think that's the issue, but you're right about your statement. Not very many businesses allow their employees to pack more than their lunch. My problem is their reaction to the situation. He could have gotten a verbal reprimand accompanied with a pat on the back and I would have no problem with it.
  • Like 1
Its not so much the policy they have in place, though I do disagree with it. I'm like maroonandwhite, its the fact that they fired him, even though he respected their rules right up until his actions possibly saved someones life. He should not have been fired for retreving a firearm, then using it in defense of another employee, as well as store merchandise.
I lost it with Autozone a few years ago. I wanted a carb kit for a holley two barrel. THe guy asked me what vehicle. I said a 1970 International Travel-All. He said "Okay, who makes that?" I said "INTERNATIONAL" He said [in a very condescending tone] "No sir, I mean who manufactured it. You know, Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge...." I said "oh my god you moron, INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER!!!"