Remembering Misty Mickle (Redhead 1911) ... February 10, 1985 - May 23, 2008

Guest Boomhower

You are one strong dude, Eddie. I pray that God will fill your heart with more joy than one can hold. After all, it's that what most of life is about.....memories!!! I have some great memories of my loved ones that have passed on. Many that still to this day bring a joyous smile to my face. In those memories, my heart will forever stay.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie,

I read about this a couple of days ago and did not post anything until now because I really didn't know what to say.:shrug:

I have had the pleasure to see you at a couple of the mid-tn shoots. At the first shoot I attended Misty was there with you and immediately you both made me feel very welcome. Misty even talked me into shooting her pink handled 1911!

I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through, just know that you have friends here for you.

Guest flyfishtn

My most deep and sincere condolences in your time of loss and need. You and your family are in my thoughts prayers. May God be with you and give you strength.

Guest Disney

Eddie,

I like many am so so saddened to hear this. I wish there were something I could say to take your pain away, but I don't know that those words have ever been written.

Misty will always be loved and remembered. She may be gone from this earth but her memories will live on forever in each and everyone one of us.

You and your family will be in my prayers my friend.

Guest 70below

May God be with you, and you can take comfort in knowing that you can be with her again in time. I wish I could say I had the honor of knowing her, from the comments made here, she seems as if she was one of the truly genuine people in the world that you seldom come across anymore.

Guest tadams

Holy cow... Eddie, I just saw this. I had no idea, as I'd been away from the forums for quite a while, now.

My most sincere condolences to you and both your families. I can't even imagine. I really don't even know the words...

all I can say, is that you know where I live and know that Amy and I are close by. If you need anything, please do call. I realize the time has passed and you're trying to through the stages of grieving, but I do know those stages, too. If you need a dog sitter, or ????? (I don't know how to help?) just anything... LET ME KNOW!

Travis

Edited by tadams
added

I do not visit the Off-Topic section often, so I was shocked when I saw this thread. I have not personally met Eddie and Misty, however reading the wonderful replies from people that have met you both shows the true measure of one’s worth.

Eddie, you will regain your love of life.

Sorrow will be replaced by good memories.

Love has already returned to your life in the form of friends and family.

Happiness will be your friend again.

God Bless you.

Guest ScottD

Eddie,

Wow, I've been away from the forums due to the loss of my job, but this puts it all in perspective. I only met Misty once (and my Sub2000 injured her) but I could tell she was full of life and love. It's been just over a year since I lost my sister to cancer, so while I can't imagine what you're going through, I do know the feeling of grief that comes with the loss of a loved one.

As I'm typing this I am tearing up, and while I know it has been a bit since you lost her, I know you have moments much the same as I did with my sister. Stay strong my friend, and realize that while the pain and grief may fade, the memory of the love you had will never go away. Be happy knowing she's in heaven now, and that eventually you will see her again.

If you need anything, and I mean anything feel free to ask. I share your pain with the loss of a loved one, but know that you are loved, and every waking moment she is looking over you.

615-260-9549 is my cell. If you need to talk, feel free to give me a call, any time of the day or night. Keep strong Eddie.

Scott

Eddie,

I have been on and off the forums for the past few months so I just saw this last night. I was in complete and total shock. You and your lovely wife were the first TGO members I met which was at the meet and shoot in Murfreesboro.

She was one of those people whom you instantly could see had a heart of gold. She was a genuine lady that made everyone she spoke to feel special. You were a very lucky man to have had the time with her that you had.

I cannot fathom the pain of losing a spouse and the only comfort that there is in a tragedy like this is that she is with our Lord in a much better place than we are. My wife and I will be praying everyday for you and your family. May the peace of Christ be with you and never forget that there are a lot of people who love you and are here if you need anything.

God Bless,

Steve

• 1 month later...

Oh my...I just came onto TGO about the time this thread began...and this is the first time I've actually noticed this sticky topic...

Though I didn't know her or know you personally, please accept my belated condolences.

I hope life is everyday becoming more livable for you now and that the ongoing grace of time passing eases the pain daily.

- OS