Reliability of Glock 33 9mm Conversion Barrel?

lshel

I've decided to try a 9mm conversion barrel in my Glock 33 Gen3. Has anyone made this conversion and is there any feed, extraction or accuracy problems? Since I have the G33, I can't justify buying a G26 or another 9mm subcompact until I try this conversion. Comments please.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have NOT run that setup personally.
I do know of a few people that have ran a 9mm barrel in the G27.
They had no issues other than one guy, who had brass that would eject in an odd pattern.
Other than that they seemed to run fine. If you really want to make it (right) you could buy a 9mm Ejector and a 9mm extractor.
Which I say would cure the odd ejection course of the brass. Both the people I know used a Storm Lake Barrel.
My experience has been converting a Glock 27 to a 9mm using the stainless Lone Wolf conversion barrel. Only used for range not for carry!

No issues have developed. In fact it seems to "lock up tighter" and produce tighter groups than a 26 I tried with a stock barrel. I like the little extra forward weight of the thicker conversion barrel vs the stock .40 barrel.

My experience convinced me to move from .40 sub-compact to 9mm sub-compact i.e. better double tap results for me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.