Absolutely beautiful weekend! What did you do to enjoy it?

• Administrator

Wow... what amazing weather we had this weekend here in the greater Nashville area. We've had the windows open on the house all day today and just got done grilling some pork chops. :surrender:

Yesterday we met up with some of the local TGO folks and shot indoors at On Target in Murfreesboro. Unfortunately we got to the Stones River Outdoor Resource Center range a little too late; it would have been nice to shoot outdoors.

So what have the rest of you folks done to enjoy the weather? Anything? I feel bad for anyone who worked inside. :devil:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GlocKingTN

I went and picked up another GSD yesterday. In the poring rain nonetheless! I got soaking wet while loading the kennel that came with her! Today, I went to the swap meet in Ripley, MS! Its called First Monday! Didnt buy anything but a couple of shirts!

Guest GlocKingTN
Sorry to hear your part of the state got soaked. We probably could have used the rain here too but I'm glad it missed us.

It rained extremely hard here from about 1:30 till about 7pm last night!

I worked in the yard (damn chick weed), helped the 89 year old build and race a pinewood derby car, enjoyed a spin in the miata, tried to finish some welding on the trooper (too windy for the mig), took the boys to the church easter egg hunt, now enjoying a beer on the back porch. I love spring in TN.

Friday: Did my RSO gig at the Stones River range

Sat: Had to work a bit in the morning, then went to a friends b-day party, hit WalMart for some ammo, then worked some more from home. Had a dude come over to give me an estimate on pressure-washing the house.

($200 -am I getting ripped?)

Sun: Shooting buddy came over, we grilled steak and talked guns out on the patio.

What? No shooting? Don't worry, I'll probably shoot some trap tomorrow afternoon at Gallatin Gun Club or TN Clay Complex. I'm finishing up my NRA Shotgun Instructor certification and have to shoot decent in front of an NRA Training Counselor with my el-cheapo Mossberg. The pressure is on....

$200 to pressure wash a house when you can rent the washer for about $50 a day and do it yourself? Yeah, you are getting ripped. Heck, you can buy some of the "smaller" washers for around that and be able to do it, the cars, the sidewalks and any thing else you want whenever you want. Up to you, but I wouldn't pay it.I went to the range today, though I probably shouldn't since I didn't shoot to well. I hit where I was aiming, I just didn't enjoy it. RangeUSA had the big side closed for maintenance so we were on the small side. I did get out to the zoo this morning and it was awesome weather for that. We get to the zoo most weekends. Mars, I know you hate this side of the state, but if for some strange reason you make it over here, that is one place to definitely go see.

Guest GlocKingTN
$200 to pressure wash a house when you can rent the washer for about $50 a day and do it yourself? Yeah, you are getting ripped. Heck, you can buy some of the "smaller" washers for around that and be able to do it, the cars, the sidewalks and any thing else you want whenever you want. Up to you, but I wouldn't pay it.I went to the range today, though I probably shouldn't since I didn't shoot to well. I hit where I was aiming, I just didn't enjoy it. RangeUSA had the big side closed for maintenance so we were on the small side. I did get out to the zoo this morning and it was awesome weather for that. We get to the zoo most weekends. Mars, I know you hate this side of the state, but if for some strange reason you make it over here, that is one place to definitely go see.

I agree with saints...thats a little steep! Buy one for yourself, and do it anytime you want. Plus your cars, boat, etc.:D

Friday: Did my RSO gig at the Stones River range

Sat: Had to work a bit in the morning, then went to a friends b-day party, hit WalMart for some ammo, then worked some more from home. Had a dude come over to give me an estimate on pressure-washing the house.

($200 -am I getting ripped?)

Sun: Shooting buddy came over, we grilled steak and talked guns out on the patio.

What? No shooting? Don't worry, I'll probably shoot some trap tomorrow afternoon at Gallatin Gun Club or TN Clay Complex. I'm finishing up my NRA Shotgun Instructor certification and have to shoot decent in front of an NRA Training Counselor with my el-cheapo Mossberg. The pressure is on....

If you decide to go to GGC, let me know. I'm off today and it's not too much trouble I'd like someone familiar to show me the ropes of the system there real quick so I can shoot by myself.

I PM'd you my number. If you cant or are too busy no big deal :D

Guest LiLBucket

Man, I worked and helped a friend move this weekend! I wanted to finish the AK and test fire it, but I didn't even pick it up! This week though, no distractions, pleeeeeeeeassssee!!

Well, I'm chiming in a bit late, but better late than never :D

The family went to relatives (hers, not mine :D ) in Huntingdon, TN. Sat mornin' before the rain moved in I got a chance to work on sighting in my AR-15 and 30-30. Shot the shotty, and some handguns. So it was a good weekend.

Sunday was pretty much spent either on the road coming home, or in the backyard doing "spring cleaning" and working on the garden.

Took the T-tops off and increased my carbon-footprint for a few hours in a vehicle which is not fuel efficient at all... For no other reason than because I wanted to.

Met some good people in the 'boro, and collectively vaporized a large amount of gun-powder, in order to destroy non-recycled paper targets whilst creating considerable noise pollution.

Watched TV...

Had some folks over to play poker...

Went over to my dad's and helped him do his brakes...

and some other stuff...

PM Sent

-Len

If you decide to go to GGC, let me know. I'm off today and it's not too much trouble I'd like someone familiar to show me the ropes of the system there real quick so I can shoot by myself.

I PM'd you my number. If you cant or are too busy no big deal :D

Guest GT_Rat

I got PRK done on my eyes so during the healing process I haven't been able to see for crap. (how's that for an oxymoron?) It's just today that I have finally been able to see pretty well. After my appointment today I should be able to see much better after sleeping in the "contact bandages" that i have been wearing since Thursday. So essentially my weekend has been shot. At least I should be able to see without glasses/contacts now. :D

Guest GT_Rat

I wore contacts for decades before I started wearing glasses regularly. Even then I only wore glasses at night before going to bed. It's only been the last month that I was wearing them all day. I had to prior to the surgery. Now I just have to wait for my corneas to heal. :crazy: