High Noon Holsters (Tuckable vs Nontuckable) (Clip vs Strap) (High vs Low)

• Moderators
I am looking at holsters. I currently carry using the High Noon Holster [i]Down Under[/i] with straps. It was my first and is my only holster. It works great for when I leave the house with a gun, and come back all the same. However, I am looking for a new holster for two arguably three reasons:

1) I'm finding that there are some instances when I have to leave my gun somewhere (work, posted areas, etc), and find the straps a lot of work not to mention the fact that I have to loosen my belt for a bit. This is a huge inconvenience.

2) I'm interested in a tuckable holster.

3) I'm interested in a lower riding holster.

[b]So, my questions:[/b]

1) Would the clip that High Noon uses make it easier to take take off and on? I'm imagining not having to loosen my belt? Should it keep everything secure, especially in a draw?

2) Is it even worth considering getting a tuckable holster for a gun the size of a P-01 (think Glock 19 for you non CZ people).

3) I am interested in a low riding holster for easier concealment. Is the ease of concealment improved vastly with a low riding holster?

I suppose I would like to keep my 15° cant unless there is a reason "no cant" would be better for the type of holster I am looking for.

[url="http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Belt_Holsters/Inside_The_Waistband/inside_the_waistband.html"]http://www.highnoonh..._waistband.html[/url] Edited by CZ9MM
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
[quote]I used the Bare Asset for a while when I had my SR9. It was was very easy to put on/remove quickly and fairly comfortable.[/quote]

Did you feel that the clip grabbed your belt well enough? I use one of their Rock Steady belts. Anything more to say about the clip?
When you must disarm, why take the holster off? Just remove the gun and keep the holster on your belt.

I have a crossbreed supertuck that I've used for years. I can probably count the number of times I've actually tucked a shirt into it without removing my shoes. Regarding the clips, they're pretty easy to get on/off and hold the holster adequately on my belt.

If the holster/belt holds the butt of the gun tight to your body (doesn't hang out or flop around), then the low rider isn't going to make much difference in concealment. Mine is set fairly low, but that's for ease of draw not concealment. Edited by peejman
  • Moderators
[quote]When you must disarm, why take the holster off? Just remove the gun and keep the holster on your belt.[/quote]

It isn't so much as arming or disarming, but rather coming from an area such as work when I do not have my holster on. Many times after work I will go other places, and rather than have to loosen my belt and "arrange" everything, it would be nice to just slide the gun and holster into my pants (if the clip will hold them belt in this instance). I assume it will work great.
[quote name='CZ9MM' timestamp='1354124876' post='851995']
It isn't so much as arming or disarming, but rather coming from an area such as work when I do not have my holster on. Many times after work I will go other places, and rather than have to loosen my belt and "arrange" everything, it would be nice to just slide the gun and holster into my pants (if the clip will hold them belt in this instance). I assume it will work great.
[/quote]

Unless you're really skinny and/or have very loose fitting clothes, you're gonna have to arrange everything anyway. Doing so while sitting behind the wheel is a bit of a chore.... AMHIK. One of the reasons why I pocket carry a lot.
  • Moderators
[quote]Unless you're really skinny and/or have very loose fitting clothes, you're gonna have to arrange everything anyway. Doing so while sitting behind the wheel is a bit of a chore.... AMHIK. One of the reasons why I pocket carry a lot.[/quote]

Well, I figure it would be possible to take the holster with the gun in it, slide it into your waistband, and mostly be done? This is if you are standing?
[quote name='CZ9MM' timestamp='1354125472' post='852002']
Well, I figure it would be possible to take the holster with the gun in it, slide it into your waistband, and mostly be done? This is if you are standing?
[/quote]

Like I said, if you're skinny. I can't suck my gut in enough. My spare mag carrier is a loop style so I've gotta take my belt off to add it anyway. Pulling the holster out is easy. Putting it back, not so much. Maybe it's just me. Edited by peejman
  • Moderators
[quote]Like I said, if you're skinny. I can't suck my gut in enough. My spare mag carrier is a loop style so I've gotta take my belt off to add it anyway. Pulling the holster out is easy. Putting it back, not so much. Maybe it's just me.[/quote]

I'm not skinny. Currently 218lbs at about 5'9". I will say this. I can very easily slide my Down Under into my pants very easily with my belt still on (while standing). I just have to fiddle due to the fact that I have to get the loops on the holster underneath the belt.