Wife involved in a hit and run

Spots

My wife just called, she was on here way to school and got rearended at a redlight. The driver then backed up, flipped a u turn and fled the scene. My loving wife got their tag number though, does anyone know a free way to look up the owner of the vehicle? The police have been called about the matter, I'd just like to know the name and address of the lovely person who just hurt my wife.....
She is ok tho ,right?

And it sucks that people still do a Hit and Run.. they prolly did not have insurance or where drunk or whatnot..
You wont find a plate number look up on the net.. you need a cop who has access to do so.. and I think they cant just look it up they need a reason. And I do think they cant give out that info anyway,.,., in case you will retaliate on your own..
[quote name='Razz' timestamp='1353970430' post='850988']
Let the police handle it.
[/quote]

I'll let the police handle it. First thing I'm gonna do on my own is get insurance involved, and then I'm gonna get my Sister in law, who is a well payed lawyer involved, and I'm gonna bankrupt this mother f'er. I have no plans for violent conflict. I find its much more satisfying to take everything a man owns using the legal system. If he had hit her, then pulled off with her and exchanged info, no harm, no foul. Crap happens. Slam into her, possible hurting her, then flip a u turn and drive off, without a thought for if she is ok? I'm gonna ruin this mans life when I find him. And I'll do it legally.

Sour kraut she said she is ok, but her neck hurts. Shes filing a report right now with an officer on scene, we are debating the hospital route, as we don't have health insurance right now.
dam that sucks. yes let the PD handle and then do it legally. I agree with your stance, it is because of the way they left with out caring.

Dad always taught me, if I make a mistake, stand up and own it. I remember hm telling me if I got in trouble at school I would get in trouble at home, but it would be worse is someone else told him instead of me.
  • Like 1
[quote name='Spots' timestamp='1353970763' post='850992']
I'm gonna ruin this mans life when I find him. And I'll do it legally.[/quote]
Good luck with that! Probably don't have Ins and driving a stolen car and don't have 2 pennies to rub together!
Hope your wife is OK.
[quote name='Volzfan' timestamp='1353973510' post='851020']
Good luck with that! Probably don't have Ins and driving a stolen car and don't have 2 pennies to rub together!
Hope your wife is OK.
[/quote]

Wifes gonna get checked out. As far as him being broke, it wouldn't be a suprise. I'll just use the blessing of having a free lawyer to tie him up in court as often as possible.
And I'm sorry if my comments come off as harsh, or upset. Please understand I'm in a very foul mood, and worried about my wife. While I would not get into a physical altercation with someone, I do feel the need to vent at times. And in a couple weeks, I may even drop the lawsuit idea. But right now, this is just kinda my way of dealing with the urge to skin someone alive, and I knew you guys would be understanding.
  • Like 6
Your insurance company will tell you for free who the [u][i][b]owner [/b][/i][/u]of the other car was.

Most people run because they don’t have insurance, a driver’s license, or are drunk. Your sister in law will find out if they have anything to get before she starts suing anyone. Good luck, hope your wife is okay.
I hate folks like that.

When I was 18 I had a pretty little Mustang. My first car. This was way back in the days before insurance was mandatory in the state of Tennessee. I was making a left hand turn. There was oncoming traffic, so I stopped, waited and then BAM! I was hit from behind, shoved off the road and into a ditch.

The car that hit me took off like a bat out of hell.

Sheriff's Deputy showed up and took my report. We got to the part where I had no insurance and he told me in a rather stern tone that it would be in my best interest to get insurance. Then he also told me it would be in my best interest to forget the whole incident as there wasn't much could be done on a hit and run, and if the papers were filed, odds were good the state would get me for damage to the tree I hit. My stepfather agreed with him and we tore up all the papers.

Three days later my stepdad got a call, they found out who hit me.

It was a very valuable lesson in how things work. Both in Monroe County and the world.
Dang bro that sucks the big one. Hope you guys are able to work it out as well as possible. Glad your wife is feeling ok though I would second the notion of a visit to at least a clinic if not a Dr office.

Not only will it look better for any case you may build, it is also going to be good piece of mind considering some injurys legitimately won't manifest themselves right away, muscle injurys in particular seem prone to "lying dormant" when adrenalin is up.

Hope you guys nab the dirty such and such.
Good luck but don't expect much.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE WITH YOUR FRUSTRATION. This crap happens all the time.

A car load of mexicans ran a light and hit my brother in a new VW Beetle back when they first came out. When they hit his car, they backed up and went off the road, six of them got out of the car and ran off. The car had tags on it from a different vehicle, uninsured of course.
My Brother wasn't hurt but the car was totaled.
His INS Co. handled everything. Never heard about who the driver was.

Similar accident happened to my parents years back. And we wonder why OUR insurance costs are so high.
While sitting at a red light one day in Murfreesboro I saw the very same thing happen. The victims were 4 college girls and started freaking out. Perp was driving some POS Nissan. And let me tell you. My GSX-R750 was just a liiiiiitle bit faster. Chased/followed him for about 15 mins...guy drove on Maple street all the way to the square. And about one block from MPD and RCSO. Ever seen a dude get pulled out of his car through the window by 2 SWAT agents? I hadn't either before that. It was hilarious. Apparently he had a fair amount of drugs on him. OIC thanked me and asked me to not do that again because they were getting calls about me chasing the dude. Then I went to work. Dammit I miss Tennessee. Hope you get this dirt bag man.
I was rear ended on I-65 one morning near LP Field by a car load of illegal immigrants. Pulled over to the shoulder and they begged me for no police involvement but I had already made the call. Six of them got out and ran but two ladies stayed behind. They swapped places in the car, driver to passenger seat, and I informed the officer of such. He relayed that the driver was an illegal immigrant and she would be deported and the car impounded that same day. Then her husband sped up on the scene with a friend in tow. He begged me to tell the police to go away but I resisted, of course. Then the officer ran his ID only to find he was also illegal. Deportation and impound of that car as well, even though it was his friend's truck who came along for the ride and was legal. The officer advised that I scram before he let the people know their fate saying it may get ugly. I can only hope he was telling the truth as I had no option of recourse for illegal immigrants rear ending me and then being deported.

Hope the wife is fine now and you catch the low down scum that ran off. Regardless the outcome, that individual needs to know there are repercussions for their actions.