Sig question

JoeJ615

i have a Sig 2022 made in April 2009, marked Exeter NH on the slide but says "Made in Germany" on the frame so im confused, is it all made in Germany and then just distributed through Exeter NH? or is the frame the only part made in Germany? im a total newbie to Sig, and this is probably a stupid question but i cant find a straight answer anywhere online lol,

i've also read that if it has the round sticker on the box that says "made in germany" and something about a 3 digit serial, then it's a true german sig .. mine has the sticker but a longer serial # Edited by JoeJ615
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a good number of sigs, they made the frames in exeter and the slides were shipped over from Germany and then just assembled. Now, most of the guns that are distributed in the US are solely made in exeter, with the exception of like the sig x5's and anything that is made in the sig master shop. When the 2022 first launched it was the same half from germany, half in exeter, but now I believe they are tooled up to do all of the parts for the 2022 in exeter. So all newer 2022's are fully US made.
I think some of the very very early run 2022's were full german. Some people would argue that the fully german made guns are of a little better quality, but that rumor is as popular as the walmart having special guns made for them that are of worse quality. General consensus is that the US made guns are of equal quality of the full German guns, no one can prove otherwise. It is just gunshop commando rumors.

Shoot it, enjoy it.
When it comes to the classic line (ex. 226 model), etc. a lot of folks lean towards the German proofed versions of the earlier years.
They often get better resale versus the mixed breeds or all USA.

For some folks (me included) the older folded steel slides are preferred over the more recent milled slides simply due to the way the older firearms balance. A prime example is the folded 228 versus the milled slide 229.

No experience with the 2022s.