got my new bedside gun / range toy today

JoeJ615

met a nice fellow TGOer today at my LGS and bought this LNIB Sig SP2022 in 9mm .. came with factory box, paperwork, lock etc. has 2 mags and sig night sights that are still going strong .. he said it was a 2009 model and the extractor is different from the ones being made now ... does anyone know the difference or which is better? or any thoughts on the gun itself?

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/rlbd69.jpg[/img]
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a little research for you. It appears to be that Sig used internal extractors on the older 2022 pistols.
And later they switched to the Exterior extractors. As for which one is better is really not the issue per se'
It is when you do have a problem that it gets more difficult. If you have an External extractor it pretty much a drop in part.
I've never dealt with a Sig internal extractor. But on MOST one piece internal extractors you some times (most of the time in my experience) need to tune or adjusted them to work right.
Some say an internal extractor is better since there is not a place for dirt etc. to get inside the slide, but I don't think that is an issue myself on the exterior extractor design.

I'll say, I'm not a fan of the internal extractors since I've had 2 on 1911's that gave me problems.
Both were purchased used but still they were no fun to get working when I replace the extractor.
I'm a simple man and like things to be easier and work the first time.
Ok, maybe I'm more lazy..hahaaa
I did look up the Sig internal extractor and it looks like it made different that the 1911 and may even be a better design?

[b][size=4]In short, if you shot the pistol and it works, I doubt you will ever have an issue.[/size][/b]
[b][size=4]If it fails to feed or eject, it could be a little more difficult to fix than just dropping in parts to fix it.[/size][/b]

[b][size=4]Shoot it and have fun.[/size][/b]

Links to read more on the 2022 Extracors

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/2375-2022-internal-extractor-vs-external-extractor.html

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=404757&page=3

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/3767-internal-external-extractor-does-matter.html Edited by TnShooter83
Nice buy Joe ive never owned a 2022 but did own a p226. It was all west german made and did have the internal extractor. I had that gun 3 years and the first year i know i ran 100 rds a week in that gun. I never had an issue with the internal extractor. It was a fine pistol and the only reason i sold it was for lawyer fees for custody of my son. Hope the gun serves you well. AL