Black Friday Stampede

Volzfan

[quote name='DaveS' timestamp='1353718673' post='849906']
News is reporting 2 people shot at Walmart in Florida I think they said. Haven't heard nothing else about it though. Recon what makes people act like such at a darn store! What has CHRISTmas come to?

Dave S
[/quote]

yep, not far from me. Orlando is a cesspool though.

[quote name='mcurrier' timestamp='1353683682' post='849766']
[b] Man Pulls Gun on Rowdy, Line-Cutting Black Friday Shopper[/b]

[url="http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/weird/NATL-Man-Pulls-Gun-on-Black-Friday-Shopper-for-Cutting-in-Line--180586131.html"]http://www.nbcdfw.co...-180586131.html[/url]

Had permit, not arrested, no charges.

[/quote]

Another statistic that will never be reported on how a gun was used to stop a violent act from escalating. I would be interested to see what kind of refrigerator he expected to stop a bullet :rofl:

[quote name='TripleDigitRide' timestamp='1353634765' post='849599']
Just read on one of the local news websites that some people will have been camping out for 18+ hours when they open the doors at some of the local retailers.

Obviously some people feel their time is worth little to nothing.
[/quote]
They are probably correct in assuming their time is worthless. There's nothing at the retailers that wasn't there a few days ago, that is worth the insanity of standing in lines for hours.
  • Like 2
My sister's boyfriend has a friend in the retail business as a merchandiser, He says that most of the stuff that stores have on sale at extraordinary discounts are manufactured specially for the sale and are usually inferior quality as compared to the same item sold a month ago.

He says that name brand clothes are made with cheaper material, electronics are skimped on quality components or parts are missing altogether, such as ports on a laptop or refurbished hard drives. He also said if you compare model numbers on some merchandise, you'll see that they vary slightly, like an extra letter or number at the end. This means it was made specifically for the retailer for the sale.
[quote name='analog_kidd' timestamp='1353796814' post='850165']
My sister's boyfriend has a friend in the retail business as a merchandiser, He says that most of the stuff that stores have on sale at extraordinary discounts are manufactured specially for the sale and are usually inferior quality as compared to the same item sold a month ago.

He says that name brand clothes are made with cheaper material, electronics are skimped on quality components or parts are missing altogether, such as ports on a laptop or refurbished hard drives. He also said if you compare model numbers on some merchandise, you'll see that they vary slightly, like an extra letter or number at the end. This means it was made specifically for the retailer for the sale.
[/quote]

I have a hard time believing any of this. All of the things you mentioned seem like they would add more work to product by making them "different", which should raise the price.
[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1353800353' post='850179']

I have a hard time believing any of this. All of the things you mentioned seem like they would add more work to product by making them "different", which should raise the price.[/quote]

Yep just like Walmart guns are made cheaper. It would cost way more to manufacture special items.

[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1353800353' post='850179']
I have a hard time believing any of this. All of the things you mentioned seem like they would add more work to product by making them "different", which should raise the price.
[/quote]

Well you know "My Sister's Boyfriend's Friend" is nearly as reliable a source as "I read it on the Internet" :)

But, consider clothing, where you are just substituting a lesser quality fabric into the existing process, which would not make it any more difficult for the workers. Or in the case of a computer, using refurbished drives instead of brand new ones does not add any more complexity to the process other than the person purchasing the components.

I don't know if the story is true or not, I just heard it over a turkey and beer induced conversation and it seemed plausible.

If anything. they have to label it as refurbished , clearly marked on the box on the outside.

I have yet to go shopping on Black Friday.I considered it for about 5 minutes and said to hell with it..
We buy so much stuff during the year I dont need to stand it line for hour and deal with retards all day to save 50 bucks.
I have a short fuse when it comes to people anyway. I prohably would get arrested for clocking someone that got on my nerves..lol

And I didnt hear anything like it was last year I think.. last year was awful and much more crowded in places. I think people had more money tho.( or a job)
  • Like 2
I have been Black Friday shopping once but never encountered the idiocracy encountered at wal-mart. I know to stay away from that place on that day. I spend my Black Fridays from now on riding the trails at Windrock OHV area. And believe me it takes the stress away.
[quote name='piercedan' timestamp='1353717397' post='849894']
I think it's a media conspiracy to sweep trampling stories under the rug. ;0)
[/quote]

Much like the trampled people.

Stores should not be allowed to advertise super deals and have very limited stock on them to create these mass crowds that have to violate local fire-code regulations.
Guest seawolf138
42 Million dead in bloodiest black friday weekend.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/42-million-dead-in-bloodiest-black-friday-weekend,30517/

The Onion always manages to crack me up.
[quote name='seawolf138' timestamp='1354037361' post='851385']
42 Million dead in bloodiest black friday weekend.

[url="http://www.theonion.com/articles/42-million-dead-in-bloodiest-black-friday-weekend,30517/"]http://www.theonion....-weekend,30517/[/url]

The Onion always manages to crack me up.
[/quote]

Off topic, but did anyone see that North Korea quoted the Onion in an article where they claimed leader Kim Jong Un was the sexiest man alive? Apparently the North Korean's don't understand satire or sarcasm.
[quote name='analog_kidd' timestamp='1354058509' post='851599']
Off topic, but did anyone see that North Korea quoted the Onion in an article where they claimed leader Kim Jong Un was the sexiest man alive? Apparently the North Korean's don't understand satire or sarcasm.
[/quote]

Reckon he can do that crazy giddyup dance?

First world problems

[img]http://michaelrusch.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/blackfriday.jpeg[/img]

One of the reasons I get such a kick out of the doom and gloomers.
I'll start worrying when people stop lining up for days for the newest gadget.

:)

[quote name='analog_kidd' timestamp='1353796814' post='850165']

[/quote]

Partly true sometimes. Lots of black friday 'puters are sold for pennies on the dollar. Most of the skimping will be with software or features.
Manufactured for BF or not, the goal is to get people in the store. Even if the store looses money on a BF sale item, they will make monies on the service/warranty, upgrades and the sells of other unneeded items.

[quote name='analog_kidd' timestamp='1354058509' post='851599']
[/quote]

This is FUNNY!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cG7ZVBXQII[/media]