Reagan Warned Us....

Guest rebeldrummer

Guest rebeldrummer
I searched and did not find this....if i overlooked, sorry for the dupe and I will delete.

Came across this and thought it was pretty good...
Thoughts??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3hY1eagq88&feature=related
Guest rebeldrummer
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1353452878' post='848930']
Apparently, this one is better...

[/quote]

yes, UNFORTUNATELY I watched this one too! what a joke....lame....and shameful.
[quote name='TNcitizen22' timestamp='1353455535' post='848942']
Gotta get me some of that Obama Phone.
[/quote]

"Obama Phone" program (LifeLine) began under Reagan admin.

http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline

It started including cell phone service under Dubya's admin.

- OS
  • Like 1
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1353456121' post='848947']

[url="http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline"]http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline[/url]

- OS
[/quote]

... and was used extensively in the great state of Ohio for?
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1353456297' post='848952']
... and was used extensively in the great state of Ohio for?
[/quote]

For exactly what? People who qualify can get one.

Usage/cost varies by state -- in TN, totally free for 250min and 250 texts if you qualify.

Dunno about Ohio, but I've been bombarded with apps from Assurance and some other company in the last year and a half or so.

I mean, did the Obama campaign call all the freebie phones from govt. database or something, whiile the GOP didn't have access, or what? I can't find much but general blog type rants about freebies in general being why BHO won. Which is certainly at least partially true.

- OS Edited by OhShoot

http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline

- OS
[/quote]

You've told them several times. I think that you may have to tape it to their foreheads.
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1353475657' post='849046']
As I read it, a lot more folks in Ohio "qualified" than most other places.
[/quote]

Lots of poor in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Akron, Toledo, Youngstown, Canton, et. al

Memphis, which I assume is our greatest concentration of poor, went almost 2:1 for BHO.

The worse Dems make things, the more they expand their support. -- at this stage of our decline, quite possibly a quicker fatal irony for the American experiment.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1
[quote name='Garufa' timestamp='1353457162' post='848959']
Didn't out of control government spending really take off under Reagan as well?
[/quote]
Try "Great Society" under another president and some president who had more than two terms who enacted Social Security.
Reagan spent a lot of money like the rest, but most definitely not the first, and not the last.
Why don't some of you put in the proper context how those phones came about? Reagan was dealing mostly with
a speaker named Tip O'Neil, and If I remember correctly, Jim Wright or Tom Foley, and had his agenda. He got it by
taking his agenda forward. It had a cost, also. The cost was a Democrat controlled Congress. Does this not happen
with all of them, or are you guys just in a grumpy mood about Reagan? That's fine, I guess.

His priority was not Obamaphones. That was just a consequence of a law, probably like the Hughes Amendment. How
many times has that occured? By every president since FDR? Or Woodrow Wilson, for that matter.
His priority, if I remember this right was getting the economy back on track and something to do with communism,
but I guess you guys forgot that. No one said he was perfect.

Reagan was one president who got done what he set out to do. No one is as perfect as the internet expert who may
leave out why, sometimes.
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1353505469' post='849079']
....Reagan was one president who got done what he set out to do. No one is as perfect as the internet expert who may
leave out why, sometimes.
[/quote]

The reference keeps coming up simply because the ObamaPhone, ain't.

Just because the country is failing quicker and more people use freebies more daily, doesn't mean BHO created them all.

And yes, his admin has created an environment conducive to cheaters too, just look at the absurd increase in federal disabilities during the safest aggregate work conditions in history due to OSHA and EPA strangulation. But it wouldn't be fair to say he created those agencies.

- OS
  • Like 1

[url="http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline"]http://www.fcc.gov/lifeline[/url]

- OS
[/quote]My friend, you keep saying that and it is, of course true...but it also misses the point don't you think? ;)

[quote name='Garufa' timestamp='1353457162' post='848959']
Didn't out of control government spending really take off under Reagan as well?
[/quote]Revenues increased greatly; spending increased even to a greater degree under a Democrat controlled Congress.

I guess Reagan should have just gone around Congress like Obama does not when he can't get his way. ;)

[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1353517180' post='849156']
My friend, you keep saying that and it is, of course true...but it also misses the point don't you think? ;)
[/quote]

Yeah. Food stamps aren't new either, but sure are popular these days. I'm gonna start calling them vote stamps.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 2
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1353516123' post='849146']
The reference keeps coming up simply because the ObamaPhone, ain't.

- OS
[/quote]

But the perception to the lady in the video is that [u]it is[/u]. And these days, as we have found out post-election, truth falls by the wayside, but perception is EVERYTHING!
  • Like 1
I wasn't criticizing as much as trying
to place an event in its proper context.

It's also true of any president. The make
up of Congress determines a lot of the
so-called legacy of any president. I
recall Clinton getting a lot of credit for
the economy while he was playing with
a woman and staining her blue dress.
Some how people marginalized that
one to oblivion, also.

Legacies are sometimes manufactured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk