US Assistant Attorney US Marshal Creds

Guest 270win

http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title3/15musa.htm#3-15.170

Scroll down to authority to carry handguns.

This is the way politicians and their people at the fed level get to carry handguns nationwide anywhere they want.

I believe anyone who is not a violent felon should be able to carry a handgun wherever we want, but with a system like this that allows politicians a way around laws that we have to follow, it is hard to get change for the rest of us.
That's an authorization to deputize United States Attorney personnel; not politicians.

People have been driving for over a hundred years and we don't have a Federal Vehicle Code because the states can't agree. They won't agree on handgun carry either.
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1353436799' post='848798']
That's an authorization to deputize United States Attorney personnel; not politicians.

People have been driving for over a hundred years and we don't have a Federal Vehicle Code because the states can't agree. They won't agree on handgun carry either.
[/quote]

True, but I can legally drive the vehicle that is parked in my driveway in any city of any state in the U.S. with my TN DL. As far as I know, anyway.
[quote name='Clod Stomper' timestamp='1353470116' post='849017']
True, but I can legally drive the vehicle that is parked in my driveway in any city of any state in the U.S. with my TN DL. As far as I know, anyway.
[/quote]

You can take your gun to any state in the union also, subject to the manner of possession allowed in each state, just like you have to drive your car according to each state's rules, so not sure that's a rock solid analogy.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1
You do not think Senators or Congressmen at the fed level do not get federal deputy marshal creds to carry? I would think a few if they wanted them could get marshal creds.
[quote name='razorback2003' timestamp='1353541920' post='849267']
You do not think Senators or Congressmen at the fed level do not get federal deputy marshal creds to carry? I would think a few if they wanted them could get marshal creds.
[/quote]
They don’t need Federal Deputy Marshal credentials to carry. Any local Sherriff can make them a Deputy; then they can carry anywhere they like under LEOSA. The Executive branch of the Federal government was added to LEOSA, so the Justice Department is covered.

No, I don’t want the Feds in charge of carry laws; no good can come from it. And the Feds can’t make a state allow you to carry if they don’t want you to; so it’s not going to happen anyway.
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, but even if a local sheriff gave a politician creds, i don't think that would let them carry in the fed buildings in DC. I would be willing to bet that it does happen some of the higher up senators and us reps getting us marshal creds.