bad day

RWF

[b] [/b]

as most of know i broke my neck C-6 & C-7
[b] [/b]

i tryed to shoot my open pistol, its a M & P with a 2.5# trigger. I COULD NOT PULL THE TRIGGER!! not strong enough, got it to fire with 2 fingers or my midle finger. very upsetting but at least i did break down crying. this time
RWF, what is the prognosis for recovery? Is there something we here on TGO can do. I am up in Clarksville and am always looking for a project to tinker with. I used to do work with a fellow down in McEwen who owns IDF, been there many times.

Also know some other "wounded" warriors who like to shoot so maybe there are some options you can look at to speed your shooting recovery or at least give you some diversions as you rehab. My issue was minor compared to yours but when I got my hand operated on I began looking at shooting in a whole new light and have tossed many conventional ideas out the window. If you feel like it pm me sometime at [email="ch8156@gmail.com"]ch8156@gmail.com[/email]
[url="https://www.uromed.com/blog/2012/08/21/paraplegic-trevor-baucoms-involvement-with-team-smith-wesson/"]https://www.uromed.com/blog/2012/08/21/paraplegic-trevor-baucoms-involvement-with-team-smith-wesson/[/url]

I did some minor work on Trevor's S&W M&P before he started practicing for the Steel Challenge . There is a warrior.
[quote name='graycrait' timestamp='1353374656' post='848522']
[url="https://www.uromed.com/blog/2012/08/21/paraplegic-trevor-baucoms-involvement-with-team-smith-wesson/"]https://www.uromed.com/blog/2012/08/21/paraplegic-trevor-baucoms-involvement-with-team-smith-wesson/[/url]

I did some minor work on Trevor's S&W M&P before he started practicing for the Steel Challenge . There is a warrior.
[/quote]
Thats great , Key is to never give up, give your body and mine time to heal then get to work living. Edited by klamb5
RWF,

Talk with your Doctor and Physical Therapist and tell them what your goals and objectives are as well as how important shooting is to you. Then while working towards your goal of getting back into handguns shooting again find someone with a Ransom Rest with the trigger pull attachment. With this you can begin working on your sight picture and sight alignment without the current frustration. Just being able to be at the range and do some accuracy shooting from the bench should be a great day. Later as your strength and hand control improves you can adapt other rests, braces and trigger shoes into your shooting routine.
  • Like 1
IMO tnwngr has some of the best advice going. Stay involves with your sport and communicate your desires to your physical therapists to see what they can do. My heart truely goes out to you on the matter, I'm not much a biblical man but brother I will try praying for a healthy if not speedy recovery to get you back out doing what you love.

Most important is have patients and don't give up hope. Start making plans NOW for what you'll be doing LATER, stay positive and ends the limit.
[quote name='TrickyNicky' timestamp='1353380644' post='848589']
IMO tnwngr has some of the best advice going. Stay involves with your sport and communicate your desires to your physical therapists to see what they can do. My heart truely goes out to you on the matter, I'm not much a biblical man but brother I will try praying for a healthy if not speedy recovery to get you back out doing what you love.

Most important is have patients and don't give up hope. Start making plans NOW for what you'll be doing LATER, stay positive and ends the limit.
[/quote]

trying the 1st day home i tryed to lift my 3 gun AR and could not.

and i have told my P.T. what my goals were and he is working on a plan. i even showed him some shooting USA video of my self so he would have a good understanding
  • Administrator
Hang in there, man. I know it seems like a trite, cliche thing to say ... but your mental strength and determination are what will allow you to eventually do things that your doctors and physical therapists tell you might not be possible. The human spirit is an incredibly powerful, wonderful and complex thing.

Will keep you in my prayers.
  • Moderators
A coworker was on a deep sea boating trip. To make an extremely detailed story short, they hit a wave and he flew up into the air and then his spine landed on a concrete chair. The captain "thought" he was just being wimpy and denied bringing him back to shore. Thus, it was a very long time before he got help.

The doctors said he would never walk again, and for a while it looked like that would be the case. But when it was time for physical rehab, he surprised a few folks. Has to use a cane, but I suppose a cane is better than a wheelchair.

Keep your head high.
[quote name='CZ9MM' timestamp='1353418410' post='848699']
A coworker was on a deep sea boating trip. To make an extremely detailed story short, they hit a wave and he flew up into the air and then his spine landed on a concrete chair. The captain "thought" he was just being wimpy and denied bringing him back to shore. Thus, it was a very long time before he got help.

The doctors said he would never walk again, and for a while it looked like that would be the case. But when it was time for physical rehab, he surprised a few folks. Has to use a cane, but I suppose a cane is better than a wheelchair.

Keep your head high.
[/quote]

spent about 60 days in the hospital in rehab, now they come twice a week. i do have high hopes.
[quote name='RWF' timestamp='1353425523' post='848735']
spent about 60 days in the hospital in rehab, now they come twice a week. i do have high hopes.
[/quote]

You should have high hope's because everything you achieve is a step beyond where you are now and you [u]will[/u] be shooting again. Where ther's a will there is alway's a way. Everytime.
I've had nerve damage in my lower back. Never thought it would be right again. But with nerves it take a long time. My dr told me 18-24 months to determine full recovery or partial disability. I'm 1 year and 2 months from my surgery and I still have muscle spasms in my calf and some nerve pain...:BUT, it's getting better. Slowly but surely those nerves heal and you regain strength and mobility. Have faith, work hard and persevere. We'll be praying for ya man.
The only thing I can say is don't take "you can't" for an answer. I am sure we don't know all the details. My best friend's dad growing up broke his neck in a car wreck in 1978 and was told he would never walk again but I have never seen the man in a wheel chair. The whole left side of his body has no feeling, but through sheer determination he overcame his paralysis and owns a fab shop and C&C Full Auto. Keep your head up and don't take no for an answer. Go with God.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone