Gruden @ TN

Guest Mad4rcn

Guest Mad4rcn
I saw Coach Gruden on tv talking about how he would love to have the TN coaching job.
He said he and his wife love being in TN.

The job is open now,why not give him a call! Edited by Mad4rcn
[quote name='Mad4rcn' timestamp='1353260214' post='847678']I saw Coach Gruden on tv talking about how he would love to have the TN coaching job.
He said he and his wife love being in TN.[/quote]

The key is can we pay him enough to leave ESPN. he makes just north of 4mill there. He was interested during the last hiring process, but Hamilton didn't think we could afford him. Catch 22, save money on a coach lose money cause fans don't show up.
  • Like 1
[quote name='Mad4rcn' timestamp='1353260519' post='847681']Hell,at least talk to the man.[/quote]

Oh they're talking to him. That I'm sure of. Even reports that he was seen in Knoxville this past week. Rumors are just that though. But there is no way Dave Hart isn't considering him.
Arkansas wants him too and said they are willing to make him the highest paid coach in the SEC
[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21041240/the-nfl-today-arkansas-tennessee-want-jon-gruden[/URL]
[quote name='sL1k' timestamp='1353260907' post='847685']Arkansas wants him too and said they are willing to make him the highest paid coach in the SEC
[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21041240/the-nfl-today-arkansas-tennessee-want-jon-gruden[/URL][/quote]

I don't doubt it on either count. I have to believe if TN hires him they'll do the same.

[quote name='Il Duce' timestamp='1353274487' post='847783']
Yes, but anyone can edit Wikipedia. I could go in and make it say he is the current coach at Southern Mississippi
[/quote]

I know, thought it would stir something up for those who didn't know that. Spoil sport. ;)

- OS

[quote name='Volzfan' timestamp='1353303715' post='848045']I'll believe it when I see it!
Heck go hire Franklin! Look what he's done with Vandy![/quote]

Franklin will be on the secondary search list or sure. But you can bet Vol fans and alumni wouldn't be too pleased getting a Vandy coach. Regardless of his acumen, they wouldn't receive him well.
  • Like 1
[quote name='Jesse' timestamp='1353329084' post='848083']If i were Gruden i wouldnt leave my Monday Night football gig to work harder and look after a bunch of kids.

He has it made where he is.[/quote]

I agree with this. But he loves coaching. I think he'd be back in the NFL if the right opportunity was available. I honestly think its a pretty big stretch for him to come here, but not an impossibility. If he goes to Arkansas or Auburn, I'd be flabbergasted.
[quote name='Il Duce' timestamp='1353274487' post='847783']
Yes, but anyone can edit Wikipedia. [color=#ff0000][size=4]I could go in and make it say he is the current coach at Southern Mississippi[/size][/color]
[/quote]

Or better yet, The Fighting Possums of Clyde Clod University.
[quote name='bubbiesdad' timestamp='1353336297' post='848127']
Or better yet, The Fighting Possums of Clyde Clod University.
[/quote]

Ah old coach Billy Joe Tom Bob Parker.

He said he was second choice to run UT football after Kiffin left. When asked who was first, Parker replied, "everybody else".

The Possums, in their 40th year of rebuilding, went 8 and 4 this year. That's "8 arrests and only 4 convictions".

- OS