I just called to get a renewal application....

[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1353102317' post='846821']
Should be the 4th of November, no?

Nov4-Dec4=1 month
Dec4-Jan4=2 months
Jan4-Feb4=3 months
Feb4-Mar4=4 months
Mar4-Apr4=5 months
Apr4-May4=6 months

Did I do that wrong?
[/quote]

Nope, but they can't count.
[quote name='Garufa' timestamp='1353110993' post='846913']
I got a renewal form in the mail about 3 or so months before the date.

Calm down people.
[/quote]

If I had waited for that one, I would have had to carry the acknowledgement letter around for a month in addition to expired HCP.

- OS

[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1353116121' post='846972']
Why do they expire anyway? Why don't marriage licenses expire? :shrug:
[/quote]A woman wrote the law. :surrender:
Now dont start, I have been married 22 yrs to my OL, happy I am!!!

Edited by RED333
[quote name='tnroadrunner' timestamp='1353156107' post='847104']
Why not just go online and printed one off.
[/quote]

Because they won't accept it, it must be there multi part form.

But you can drop by the DMV and pick one up, fill it out and submit it all at be time.
  • 3 weeks later...
When in to DMV in Johnson CityThurday I had received my renewal in the mail,But had to complete a form there could not use the renewal form. Said would take about 3 months,get it in the mail,mine expires in Feb. Sure take along time,why not like my car plates!
[quote name='rab' timestamp='1354492197' post='853950']
When in to DMV in Johnson CityThurday I had received my renewal in the mail,But had to complete a form there could not use the renewal form. Said would take about 3 months,get it in the mail,mine expires in Feb. Sure take along time,why not like my car plates!
[/quote]
Why couldn't you use the form you got in the mail?
Guest uofmeet

[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1353116121' post='846972']
Why do they expire anyway? Why don't marriage licenses expire? :shrug:
[/quote]

they are good for 30days in shelby county........

Mine was up for the first renewal last August. A couple of months before that, I dropped in to the DMV and renewed it. I went to the one in Rockwood (one of the stations that is still on the list for doing carry permit related stuff.) You can imagine that office wasn't very crowded. I went in, was handed a form, filled it out, turned it in, paid my money, got my picture taken and walked out with the renewal receipt already in hand just in case the new card didn't arrive in time. The people who worked there were very nice and courteous. All told, it took [i]maybe[/i] fifteen minutes and I left with the peace of mind (because of the receipt in hand) that I was good to go for another four years. Edited by JAB
[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1354497278' post='853976']
Why couldn't you use the form you got in the mail?
[/quote]

They said it had something to do with the Bar Code at the top, would not scan in the local offices. Also took about 1 1/2 hrs wait