Why I deleted the "link"

I'm not certain about the post you're referring to but...

This is one of the many reason I like this forum. You're honest, up front and communicate very well. You can discuss many more topics on this forum than many other gun related forums, and for that I am grateful.

I certainly enjoy a civil debate on numerous topics here... Thank You!

[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1353091155' post='846695']
I know, something to do with early onset Alzheimers. See? I can't even spell it. :confused:
[/quote]

Actually you spelled it correctly. (except for the missing apostrophe).

Of course, thinking you misspelled something when you didn't is another of the signs. ;)

- OS

Gordon, I agreed with you when the link was still there. Posted as much.

To the folks that feel that the issue WAS related to our 2nd Amendment Rights, you mean to tell me that in the wake of everything we try to do by the rules, you advocate giving criminals guns? I am appalled.

This is a privately owned and operated forum. It can be operated however the owner feels it needs to be operated. It is not a democracy. Your opinion doesn't matter. While that is harsh, it is the way it is. I am however glad that this site is operated in such a manner as to make our opinions valid, but at the end of the day, they aren't required.
  • Like 1
[quote name='atlas3025' timestamp='1353104403' post='846840']
Can someone tell me if I would agree with deleting the link?
[/quote]

I dunno. I never agree with suppressing information, but seeing as I never saw the original link, and I think the world of Dolomite, I gotta agree with the suppression of it all.
[quote name='Murgatroy' timestamp='1353111840' post='846924']
Gordon, I agreed with you when the link was still there. Posted as much.

To the folks that feel that the issue WAS related to our 2nd Amendment Rights, you mean to tell me that in the wake of everything we try to do by the rules, you advocate giving criminals guns? I am appalled.

This is a privately owned and operated forum. It can be operated however the owner feels it needs to be operated. It is not a democracy. Your opinion doesn't matter. While that is harsh, it is the way it is. I am however glad that this site is operated in such a manner as to make our opinions valid, but at the end of the day, they aren't required.
[/quote]Either you didn't read the thread or didn't understand what was being said as no one was advocating "giving criminals guns".

Also, no one disputed that this is a privately owned and operated forum and I'm glad it's well moderated. Edited by RobertNashville
I got to the thread after link was deleted, but I trust your judgement. There is a special place in hell for people would abuse there loved ones. My natural father abused my mom when I was a baby and I don't remember it but I have a deep seeded hate for people like that. I was lucky they got divorced and my DAD came along and adopted me and my sister.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone
They know very, very little about the issue. That makes their limited knowledge about the issue very one sided. They do not know the laws for restoration of gun rights.
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1353177230' post='847252']
Either you didn't read the thread or didn't understand what was being said as no one was advocating "giving criminals guns".

[/quote]

Huh.... The OP was advocating giving gun rights to criminals. And as far as I was aware once convicted of a crime, even domestic violence, you ARE a criminal.

Now maybe we live on two worlds but in my world someone who has been convicted or pleads guilty to a crime is a criminal.

Dolomite
  • Like 1
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1353179820' post='847269']
Huh.... The OP was advocating giving gun rights to criminals. And as far as I was aware once convicted of a crime, even domestic violence, you ARE a criminal.

Now maybe we live on two worlds but in my world someone who has been convicted or pleads guilty to a crime is a criminal.

Dolomite[/quote]
Society can and already does restore rights to convicted "criminals" after they have served their sentence and met other appropriate conditions. I would think that whether and under what conditions that should or should not be done seems like it would be both an appropriate discussion to have here and an interesting one as I think there can be good arguments made on both sides of the issue. Edited by RobertNashville

Dolomite
[/quote]

I agree. There may still be a debate about the punishment fitting the crime. Domestic violence covers everything from a bruised arm to death. You can be charged and convicted of it for defending yourself. Losing your gun rights for life may be a little steep, since it's the same crime as beating a woman half to death. Zero tolerance is a stupid game.
  • Moderators

Dolomite[/quote]
12 years ago I pled guilty to driving on a suspended/revoked license and also to a charge of "failure to appear" as I missed a court date and didn't realize it was that big of a deal. Spent 3 days locked up for that one. It is my understanding that "Failure to Appear" is a class A misdemeanor. Am I a criminal? I pled guilty to a criminal charge.

Your stance doesn't allow for nuance, or for the fact that sometimes folks do stupid crap in their youth and can and do learn from it. Misdemeanor crimes are misdemeanors for a reason. They are minor in nature and not viewed to be so serious as to warrant lifelong consequences.

I would offer that "criminal" more aptly describes someone who habitually engages in illegal acts, probably without signs of remorse. I would not necessarily say it describes someone who has pled guilty or been convicted of a crime or crimes based upon a single act or someone who has shown that they have learned from past behavior and lives life in accordance with the law.
  • Like 1
My opinon is just that, mine.
Opinons are like Aholes, everyboby has one and they stink.
I wont put mine in your face, do what you want with yours.
If I dont like your opinon I just move on.
Mods have a tuff task, keeping things clean, somewhat firearm related.
No harm no foul from my side of the fence.
[size=3]I am locking this one.[/size]

[size=3]I did waht I did and will do it again. I have mo remorse about me removing the link. [/size]

Domestic Violence is a crime. Anyone who has plead guilty or been convicted of it is a criminal. Even if they have paid whatever debt the court decides they are still a criminal by definition and will be for life.

[url="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/criminal"]http://www.merriam-w...ionary/criminal[/url]
[size=3][quote][/size]
[size=3][sup]2[/sup]criminal [/size][size=3][i]noun[/i][/size]

[b][size=3]Definition of [i]CRIMINAL[/i][/size][/b]

[size=3]1[/size][size=3][b]:[/b] one who has committed a [url="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crime"]crime[/url] [/size]
[size=3]2[/size][size=3][b]:[/b] a person who has been convicted of a crime [/size]
[size=3][/quote][/size]

[size=3]Dolomite[/size]
  • Like 3