M&P VTAC

TrickyNicky

Anyone got one? Just had a chance to try one at Nashville Armory during their M&P days event Saturday and I think I'm in love.
Just curious to see what the concences is on them and how a regular M&P would stack up in comparison.

I really liked the sights a lot, for those that don't know, they have fiber optics on top of trijicon. Some people don't like them because they think they are to busy but to my eyes the trijicon completely disappeared when there was enough light to see the fiber optics as I'm sure the FO will do in a low light situation.

I'm looking for not only a range gun but a carry gun as well and this seems like it will fit the bill. It is easily the most accurate handgun I've fired to date so I'm pretty excited to get one when I can afford it.

Anyone have any thoughts?
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
The sights are the one thing on that gun that I don't like. If it were me I'd just look for a current production (circa 2012) M&P 9mm and not worry with the rest of it. You can add some tru-glo TFO sights to if later if you want a similar sight picture.
Guest Travtastik
I really liked the VTAC and was all set to get one, but the sites sealed it. I read lots if Online reviews talking about FO rods falling out. The more I looked the more problems with the sights I seemed to read. So I started calling around asking shops and got 4 out of 6 shops that had problems with the rods falling out. That did it for me.

I have a full size m&p and I love it. Out of the box the VTAC shoots just like my FS the difference was the color and sites.

[quote name='FIST' timestamp='1352759074' post='844471']
Guy on Armslist has a 45 vtac listed for the ultra low price of......$1000.00
[/quote]

The exciting part is that it's not even a real VTAC model.....that and the garbage "home defense tactical light rail mounted" and "consealable" mags :rofl:

Yeah I'm thinking if I can find one in the $650-$700 range I'd jump on it.

As far as getting a regular model, it's an option but the VTAC sights are one of the things I was really drawn to when firing the sample I handled. I've heard about the fiber optics falling out but thought I read that the issue had been fixed. Either way I'm sure I can figure something out worst case scenario.

there are several online in the 650-670 price range. The finish on the guns are reported to be pretty bad compared to duracoat/cerakote. I am a cerakote fan myself. I personally would take normal TFO sights as I would see all six dots on the VT Sights and it would drive me crazy. If it were me I would get a normal M&P and then use the saved cash for an apex kit or cerakoting the gun if you wanted it to be fde.
  • 1 month later...

Just an update, got my hands on one earlier this week. Through the generosity of a fellow TGOer I picked up a VTAC at a VERY attractive price. It's already got an Apex sear along with magazine extensions that will allow for loading 21 rounds per mag.
I'm over the moon with this pistol, the trigger is just what I wanted and personally I don't find the sights busy at all.
Although mine is second hand it is great condition and came nice and clean, lubed up and ready. I'm not mentioning the sellers name out of respect to his privacy, but if he were to come forward I would give him the nod for being a great guy to deal with.

Can't speak enough as to how much I like this gun. I think I like the medium grip size the best but I'm going to try the small for awhile as I think it actually fits a little better, just not quite as comfortable.

I know, I know...
44E17114-58D7-4565-AB56-7EE999D9AC33-397

Edited by TrickyNicky