Craigslist.. it makes my head hurt!!

OMG.. my head hurts!!!

I been dealing with emails and people on craigslist for the last week or so now. I am trying to sell my horse trailer.
How hard is it to read and add.. then compose a e-mail to ask additional questions?
It seem NO one ever read then dang thing in the first place..

Here is one I got from someone.. After I included 8 pictures.. No please or thank you..just this .. :-\

[b][u]I need bunches of stuff..Phone number..Pictures of outside of horse trailer from different angles..Please email me things..:)[/u][/b]

I replied back that I am not sure what angle he is wanting. And I wasnt sure what " things" he wanted me to email him. That is just really strange.

The add is clear why I am selling and what I am looking for..So some lady emailed me that she had trailer for sale. Except its the same thing I am trying to sell..She didnt read the add or she is to stupid to understand ..I dotn know.The list goes on and on.

And not sure what a "Gilden" is...I bet he means "Gelding"For someone who is in the horsebusiness, you would think he could at least spell that one word right.. ..lol
And we spend all day waiting for a guy to come out to look at it.. after he wrote a whole paragraph about how he liked it.. He never showed up..Assclown!!

Ok/rant off

My spicey Pumkinbread is done...

Ohh pumpkin bread!!

Craigslist can be a frustrating thing, its a good tool but yeah you'll have to wade through buckets of crap to find one serious buyer. I've had much better success buying than selling, I think the sellers are just so relieved to have someone serious with cash there that the transaction always has gone smoothly.

You might try stating only replies with phone numbers will be considered, once you can actually talk with someone it's generally easier to figure out who is serious and who's just bored.

Good luck with the sale, hang in there and be patient and you'll get it gone sooner or later.
Do you make it with the seeds in it? We used to take the train all the way to brötchen shop near Wiesbaden when it was in season and buy it by the bag fulls - that stuff was awesome Edited by Sam1

[quote name='Sour Kraut' timestamp='1352681196' post='844004']
OMG.. my head hurts!!!

I been dealing with emails and people on craigslist for the last week or so now. I am trying to sell my horse trailer.
How hard is it to read and add.. then compose a e-mail to ask additional questions?
It seem NO one ever read then dang thing in the first place..

Here is one I got from someone.. After I included 8 pictures.. No please or thank you..just this .. :-\

[b][u]I need bunches of stuff..Phone number..Pictures of outside of horse trailer from different angles..Please email me things.. :)[/u][/b]

I replied back that I am not sure what angle he is wanting. And I wasnt sure what " things" he wanted me to email him. That is just really strange.

The add is clear why I am selling and what I am looking for..So some lady emailed me that she had trailer for sale. Except its the same thing I am trying to sell..She didnt read the add or she is to stupid to understand ..I dotn know.The list goes on and on.

And not sure what a "Gilden" is...I bet he means "Gelding"For someone who is in the horsebusiness, you would think he could at least spell that one word right.. ..lol
And we spend all day waiting for a guy to come out to look at it.. after he wrote a whole paragraph about how he liked it.. He never showed up..Assclown!!

Ok/rant off

My spicey Pumkinbread is done...
[/quote]

ad vs add
an vs and
the vs then
I been
seem (s-v agreement) -> seems
to vs too
dotn
if your add is like this rant, it might BE hard to read...

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 1
[quote name='Raoul' timestamp='1352681954' post='844021']
Can I get some pictures of that punkin bread. Maybe from different angles.
[/quote]

There ya go.. lol.... And Dolomite ate most of it.. he sure did:)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/Adyth/001-1.jpg[/img] Edited by Sour Kraut
[quote name='Sam1' timestamp='1352682068' post='844023']
Do you make it with the seeds in it? We used to take the train all the way to brötchen shop near Wiesbaden when it was in season and buy it by the bag fulls - that stuff was awesome
[/quote]
To be honest.. its the Krusteaz mix from Sam`s..Its very VERY good:)
I cant manage to even cook a decent meal for supper.. let alone a freaking loaf of bread.. I am not a good cook.. at all

[quote name='Jonnin' timestamp='1352682326' post='844025']
ad vs add
an vs and
the vs then
I been
to vs too
dotn
[/quote]

Now you're going to try and tell me you couldn't understand what she wrote!?
Just how long have you lived in Chatta-boogy anyhow!? :shake:

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

[quote name='Jonnin' timestamp='1352682326' post='844025']
ad vs add
an vs and
the vs then
I been
to vs too
dotn
[/quote]
Its not about the spelling.. its the content of it..
and people not reading it and then asking the same questions about it in the email even tho its all been answered in the add..
:-\

I buy and sell quite a bit on Craigslist, and I've come up with a pretty decent method of weeding out a vast majority of the trash.

First of all, I always put the following in my ad: IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ITEM I HAVE FOR SALE, PLEASE CALL ME AT THE PHONE NUMBER BELOW. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS.

Then I put my phone number in the following format: one two three-four five six-seven eight nine ten.

Not using actual numbers will prevent those using computer programs in order to solicit you with all kinds of garbage.

Since making these changes to my Craigslist ads, I don't have nearly the trouble as I did in the past. If I have any trouble at all, it's those who don't show up to look at the item. Even that's a lot more rare.

I also let them know that it's first come, first served. I'm not holding the item for days until they get around to checking it out. If they really want it, they will find a way.
Edited by TripleDigitRide
I get so mad at people responding to my Craigslist ads too. All my ads are well written and informative. Every time though, I have an email asking "now where is Columbia? and How far is that from me?" I'm not gonna do their homework for them. They OBVIOUSLY have internet so just Google my town...
I didn`t even put my phonenumber on there .I think I got one scammer in the whole bunch
And yeah I got asked where my town was a few times and how far away it was from their house..
Mapquest still worked last time I checked..
I think I am going to pull my add for a few weeks. Not that desperate to sell it right now anyway.I just have no patience for this anymore...lol
And one response she got was funny to me. My wife is selling a bumper pull, straight load so she can buy a gooseneck slant load. She got an offer to trade a bumper pull, straight load for her bumper pull, straight load. The other person's was in far worse condition. I know they were seeing if we were going to bite but it was still pretty funny.

I think some people who are on CL have lost touch with reality. A guy had a MAC11 pistol for sale on there. I called and he was asking $1,750. I asked if it was by cahnce a FA with paperwork. He said no it was semi auto. I asked why so much and he said because it said Cobray on it. I told him it was a $300-$500 gun and he said he would come down to $1,500.

Dolomite
  • Like 1
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1352690277' post='844105']
And one response she got was funny to me. My wife is selling a bumper pull, straight load so she can buy a gooseneck slant load. She got an offer to trade a bumper pull, straight load for her bumper pull, straight load. The other person's was in far worse condition. I know they were seeing if we were going to bite but it was still pretty funny.

I think some people who are on CL have lost touch with reality. A guy had a MAC11 pistol for sale on there. I called and he was asking $1,750. I asked if it was by cahnce a FA with paperwork. He said no it was semi auto. I asked why so much and he said because it said Cobray on it. I told him it was a $300-$500 gun and he said he would come down to $1,500.

Dolomite
[/quote][quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1352690277' post='844105']

Dolomite
[/quote][quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1352690277' post='844105']

Dolomite
[/quote]

That's one of the big problems with a lot if the sellers. Either they have some kind of sentimental attachment that they think translates into a higher worth or they just have no clue.

I bought a guitar from someone who had a 1969 Gibson SG listed at $1000 once. Got there and found a guitar that had missing hardware, a repaired headstock break, extra holes routed in it and refinished on top of it all.

I got lucky and it turned out that he legitimately was clueless that the issues affected the value, once I explained the issues to him and gave him a rundown on what I would have to do or how much Id have to pay to correct them he turned out to be very reasonable and I payed $400 which was actually a pretty good price considering it came with its original case which is valued at about $150-$200.

The $1500 Mac is ridiculas, what are the FAs going for $3000-$3500?
A free Google Voice number is the best thing to use with Craig's list. You get an actual phone number from Google, then configure the account to forward any calls to your real phone. Give out the Google number on Craigslist, and nobody ever knows your real number. You can then block any spammers if they start calling. You can create groups of contacts, like friends, family, business, etc. then configure each of those groups to either ring your phone, go to directly to voice mail, be blocked completely, or make the caller state their name and Google will call you with the recording and let you decide to answer it, etc. You can set the account to go to voice mail for everyone after the item sells and your phone will never ring if people keep calling..

You can use the account to make free long distance calls too.
This is my receipe to listing on Craigslist:

First, I tell them in my ad, contact me [u]only by email[/u]. Me personally, I dislike calling sellers first. Those that list that way, its rare that I respond to. I just don't like it. For round 1 and round 2, I just like emails, not the phone call stuff.

Second, if the would be buyer has a yahoo, or google email account, you must ask something very speicific about the item in the email, if not specific, I will not respond. My experience there are just people who play games, lead you on, just for the fun it. 99.9% of the time they have a yahoo or google email account. They have no intention of buying, just gaming you. After a few volley's of email, then I will share my number with them.

Then I use my own judgment on certain email responses, do they have good faith intentions, or is this just a game. Sometimes its just worthy to delete and move on. This has worked well for me. I sell about 1 or 2 times a month. No bad experiences in over 3+ years. Just be vigilant.
I don’t put a phone number in my ad’s and I won’t mess with replying to those that requires you to call them. I would much rather deal with silly emails than have stupid people or scammers calling me all day. When I see them say they don’t respond to emails I assume its people data mining and pass it up.

I’m sure we could all tell stories all day long about the ignorant stuff we have seen in gun sale transactions. [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/TourGlide/Web%20Stuff/biggrin.gif[/img]