Romney and Guns; as bad as everybody tried to make me believe?

Typing on a tablet doesn't wor very well on TGO _ [url="http://www.examiner.com/article/media-gun-control-proponents-argue-there-s-no-longer-any-need-to-fear-nra"]http://www.examiner.com/article/media-gun-control-proponents-argue-there-s-no-longer-any-need-to-fear-nra[/url]
What Romney thinks about gun control is now moot. Surely to God the Republicans will come up with someone stronger than Romney for the next election. Is there not anyone worth a chit that wants this job?

Good grief.... four years sounds like an eternity.
  • Like 1
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1352588402' post='843352']
What Romney thinks about gun control is now moot. Surely to God the Republicans will come up with someone stronger than Romney for the next election. Is there not anyone worth a chit that wants this job?

Good grief.... four years sounds like an eternity.
[/quote]

It's gonna be tough, be we don't HAVE to lose anything, if we can ever tell the difference between friend and foe. If it wasn't for the NRA, we would be there right now. Edited by mikegideon
This election was about the economy; not guns or abortion or anything else. I’m not sure how much longer our economy can take politicians turning their backs on small business and the working family. But the working man sure as hell was a loser in this election. If Obama is allowed to destroy the economy; gun laws will not matter.
These idiots seem to not realize that there are about 100 million gun owners out there. If even a small percentage of us resist they will have a sh*t storm on their hands. Come take my guns. I can guarantee I will not hand them over as long as I am still breathing. Folks, this is a real danger. If you watched that video you can see the map that shows worldwide gun ownership. The United States is literally the last frontier for these pricks to conquer. We are easily the most heavily armed population on the planet. I think we need to keep it that way. If our government ever moves to take your firearms, whether it be "assault weapons" or whatever, you will know that it is time for the patriots of this nation to rise to the occasion once again. I think we are finally hitting the tipping point that every great nation has eventually hit. Freedom is always worth dying for. It should never be something you think twice about. Edited by Seabeejason
im not worried about our guns being taken away as long as we have walmart selling ar15. no bill will be passed and these last 4 years have been a boom for gun sales. i dont believe the next 4 years will be any different. just wish everyone would stop buying all the ammo.
[quote name='Seabeejason' timestamp='1352593930' post='843384']
Freedom is always worth dying for. It should never be something you think twice about.
[/quote]
Taking up arms against other Americans is something you should never think about. When you die, you are just dead. If it was a good cause you are a martyr. If it was a bad cause you are a terrorist. Has someone suggested coming to your home and taking your guns?
Guest ThePunisher
[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1352585871' post='843312']

The NRA vetts almost anyone with an R behind their name. The truth is that Romney took his pro gun stance in a feeble attempt to garner some votes. He is simply an opportunist, and that my friend is why he isn't President Elect.
[/quote]

You could say Obama may be the biggest opportunist of any politician ever. The difference between Romney and Obama is that Romney is no Marxist commie, and a little of history reading about Marxism/Communism tells you where commies stand about gun rights, personal property rights, and personal freedoms. During these next 4 years, you will get to witness the true communist stripes that Obama wears. Obama is no friend of America, and our national security has been compromised the last 4 years with him as POTUS. When he leaves office it will take decades to undue the mess to our national security if we even have a country by then.

One thing for sure will be that Americans liberties and freedoms will be greatly diminished during these years of Obama rule. I believe the wails of those heavy chains will be heard in the not too distant future. Edited by ThePunisher
  • Moderators

[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1352595281' post='843396']
Taking up arms against other Americans is something you should never think about. When you die, you are just dead. If it was a good cause you are a martyr. If it was a bad cause you are a terrorist. Has someone suggested coming to your home and taking your guns?[/quote]
Diane Feinstein. ;)

[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352582033' post='843271']
I'm a gun owner, Romney has NEVER done anything that restricted MY 2A rights....that shouldn't be a difficult concept to understand nor has he done anything to "us".

The only people effected were the voluntary residents of MA and for the most part...with the blessings of the residents of MA.

Funny...most people who think our rights are important also think the concept of states' rights is equally important (not that we have much of that today)...I guess a state deciding for itself what it wants to do is only something that should be supported by others only if they decide the "right way". ;)
[/quote]

True. He didn't do anything to "me" personally.... but the point here is that he still signed the damned thing into law.
Everyone wan'ts to trow O under the bus for the bills he voted for and sponsored in IL but they turn a blind eye to what Romney did.
If the man has it in him to sign the largest and most sweeping anti-gun bill into law once, then by golly, he will have it in him to do again.
Buying an NRA membership and calling his bans and restrictions "pro-gun" will not change that.
Hell fur, even a moderate in gun rights would have vetoed it. He signed it, boasted about the resulting NRA rating and did it all with a smile on his face. It took him loosing the 2008 nom and the NRA outing him for his false "NRA approval" for him to start singing the pro-gun tune.

Not sure why you mentioned states rights. This is about the 2nd and 14th. They trump states rights..... or at least they were supposed to.
Guess you would say it's also ok for you to be arrested w/o cause and have your property unjustly seized as long as local cops did it?

The elections are over, he lost and will probably give up on the presidency now. We can stop playing apologist for the man's actions now.

• Like 1
Taking up arms against other Americans is something you should never think about. When you die, you are just dead. If it was a good cause you are a martyr. If it was a bad cause you are a terrorist. Has someone suggested coming to your home and taking your guns?
[/quote]

It has been stated by several people in power. That want to do it. It is just a matter of HOW they do it. I am not talking about taking up arms against Americans. I am talking about taking up arms against tyrants. Tyrants are not Americans. I don't care what they call themselves or what piece of paper they have that states their nationality. If they attempt to take away the rights granted to every American citizen under the Constitution they are the enemy. Plain and simple.

I do not think that defending our Constitution is a "bad cause". It's very nobel, patriotic, and it's the obligation of every American citizen.
  • Like 2
[quote name='strickj' timestamp='1352597510' post='843416']
True. He didn't do anything to "me" personally.... but the point here is that he still signed the damned thing into law....[/quote]

The other point which you always conveniently leave out is that he signed that "damn thing into law" for and with the support of the people of that ONLY state the law affected.

[quote name='strickj' timestamp='1352597510' post='843416']...Everyone wan'ts to trow O under the bus for the bills he voted for and sponsored in IL but they turn a blind eye to what Romney did.[/quote]
No, I don't want to throw Obama under the bus for his past and vehement anti-gun stance, which you generally ignore, but if it's fair to throw Romney under the bus for his past it certainly seems fair to do the same to Obama.

What I really care about is what's going to happen now because Obama has given nothing but signals, indications and outright declarative statements that his past is absolutely an indicator of future performance...but hey, the "dangerous to the Second Amendment" Mr. Romney is history and the gun-loving, Constitution-loving Obama gets four more years...I'm sure we've got nothing to worry about. Edited by RobertNashville
I can't say I disagree with him. With one exception of using the term conservative to describe the Republican
Party. I haven't seen very many conservatives in that party for a while. There are still a few, but the number
is dwindling. Edited by 6.8 AR
[/quote]Did he say anything about taking up arms against "other Americans"? I Don't think that is who he is speaking of.
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352602913' post='843517']
I can't say I disagree with him. With one exception of using the term conservative to describe the Republican
Party. I haven't seen very many conservatives in that party for a while. There are still a few, but the number
is dwindling.
[/quote]Yeah..."conservatism" is not interchangeable with "Republican" nor do I think conservatism is the problem, in fact, I believe the lack of conservatives in the party, at least in positions of power, is the problem.
  • Like 2

[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352586419' post='843324']
You guys deriding Romney keep going backward to do it. Now think of the current poser's slogan. "Forward"
and he has played a bunch of folks like the fools they are.

Romney probably promised the NRA he wouldn't support any anti 2nd legislation. Keep on looking backward,
and you might have discovered Obama's views, too.

What damned difference does it make, now? We have Herr leader. Go back and read up on how Hitler came to
power. You might see some striking parallels between old Adolph and Barack.
[/quote]

I didn't know Hitler was born in Kenya. The more you know. ;)

Point is this, I agree, it is a moot point now. He lost, and those who are angry he lost will rage, grumble, whine, and even belly ache for the next few weeks. Some will continue until the next election, when (insert new Republican candidate's name) will save us all.

[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1352607325' post='843571']

Point is this, I agree, it is a moot point now. He lost, and those who are angry he lost will rage, grumble, whine, and even belly ache for the next few weeks. Some will continue until the next election, when (insert new Republican candidate's name) will save us all.
[/quote]No one is going to save us from $20Trillion debt and a bankrupt country. NO ONE.

• Moderators
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352610193' post='843595']No one is going to save us from $20Trillion debt and a bankrupt country. NO ONE.[/quote]
Nope. Nobody was going to save us from $16 trillion debt and a country that only appears to be solvent.
[quote name='Chucktshoes' timestamp='1352610534' post='843599']
Nope. Nobody was going to save us from $16 trillion debt and a country that only appears to be solvent.
[/quote]I don't think you understand the implications of what I posted above; or maybe you do...I don't know.

What I do know is that everybody will understand sooner or later; the only thing I am not sure of is how long it will take.

But hey...we didn't fall for the lessor of two evils this time did we...nope...we marched right up and chose the bigger of two evils.

[quote]From an overseas newspaper: "The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."..[/quote] Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
I believe I picked up what you were laying down. I am just of the opinion that any hope of salvaging this country in its current form is a false one. The impossible debt and insolvency you allude to are already upon us. The folks in Washington are just able to still shuffle the numbers still. That time is quickly coming to an end, nobody can stop it. Not only is nobody able to stop it, nobody would even really try to because the American populace wouldn't let them if they did.
  • Moderators
Looks like the author of that article and I are of the same mind. The problem with the nation is the citizenry, and there isn't any hope of fixing that problem. It is going to have to correct itself, and boy is it going to be a bad day for everyone when it finally comes to pass.
  • Like 1

[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1352607325' post='843571']

[/quote]
You must not have gotten my point. That's okay, this time. :D

It was an attempt at a joke. Making fun of the Birthers. :)

And my point that it is moot, stands.

And my point about those complaining, stands.

As for the debt level, it is bad, and needs to be addressed. We have kicked the can down the road over the past 12 years. That is 12 years too long.

However, most people see Japan as a stable nation, right? What if I told you their debt load compared to their GDP (Gross Domestic Product) was twice as bad as ours? Yet, they do not seem to be in a panic over it at all... Why?