Considering performance parts for your vehicle? Read this!

E4 No More

Let me preface what I say about Steeda Autosports by letting you know that I have in excess of 8 years of sales experience and have owned/operated my own small business. No company is perfect, and thus I’ve had to deal with my fair share of dissatisfied customers over the years. Good companies are not simply measured by their ability to deliver their product at the agreed upon price; that is expected. Good companies are measured by how they treat their customers when things go wrong. Returns are a part of doing business, and every good business owner accepts this as part of the cost of doing business. They do not shift their responsibilities onto the customer.

For $768.28, I bought a Cold Air Intake (CAI) and a SCT Tuner from Steeda Autosports for my 2013 BOSS Mustang. For the sake of brevity, let me point out that I stayed home from work 2 days to await two shipments, (I expected only one), that required signatures when I requested no signature required, and once I got the items they in no way performed to the level of which Steeda advertised. How badly they failed to perform is another story. Since I was clearly not getting what Steeda advertised, I received a return authorization from them that included a shipping label for [u]one[/u] box at 10 pounds when they had shipped me the items in two separate boxes.

Given the shipping constraints applied to me by Steeda, I packed all the items into the box that the CAI came in since it was the bigger box. This was a tight fit that took some positioning, but I got them in, sealed the box, and dropped it off at the carrier. I confirmed that the box arrived at Steeda on October 18. By November 7, (almost 3 weeks later), I still had not received my refund, so I sent an email to Gus Irizarry asking where my refund was. Gus is the National Sales Manager for Steeda, and is who I was dealing with after the salesman proved unresponsive to the problem, so this isn’t just some low-level employee.

Gus sent me a screenshot that the return was processed on October 24, (not refunded), and proceeded to chide me for not taking more care to pack their items for return, and claiming that the items were received, “…so damaged it was practically unsellable even as a takeoff/used part.” So here I have not received my refund in 2 weeks from it being processed, and now it’s my fault that the carrier damaged their product, (if it truly was damaged), because I utilized what Steeda provided me to pack and ship. Apparently, Steeda feels that, not only should I absorb the cost of being absent from work 2 days, I should also have paid even more money for a larger box and packing materials to ship their product back to them in the event the carrier decided to play box hockey during transit. When I wouldn’t accept responsibility, Gus refused further assistance and wrote the following, [color=#ff0000]“The only act of due care, or lack of it, has been your response and obvious lack of responsibility for at least returning our product in useable condition after we agreed to satisfy your requests. I’m going to go ahead and fully close your account in our invoice system and mark it ‘do not sell’ no further business relationship can continue between us. Good luck with all your endeavors.”[/color]

So consider how this company treats customers when things go wrong before you spend your hard-earned money with them. The refund coincidentally turned up in my bank the very next day.
Guest jwrench75
I'd post this story in several mustang/ford performance type forums. Then send 'ol Gus's boss an email with an attachment of his saying thanks to your employee's sub standard customer service I have posted my issue with your company's advertising practices and service after the sale to every performance web forum I could find so that thousands of other would be customers may avoid the same fate. Good luck with your future business, (or lack thereof). Good day Sir! Edited by jwrench75
[quote name='oldmustangjunkie' timestamp='1352515079' post='842861']
Steeda has been suspect for years. Are you a member of SVTP? When I need parts for my Cobra, I search their board for recommendations and haven't been let down yet.
[/quote]I am a member of SVTOA-Nashville.
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1352568197' post='843129']
So they have your parts [u]AND[/u] your money?

If so then I would contact your district attorney. You need to be provided with one or the other or it is fraud.

Dolomite
[/quote]No, the last sentence I let ya'll know I got my money, otherwise I'd be a lot more hostile.
[quote name='Ratfink' timestamp='1352584221' post='843288']
I've had good luck with saleen and hellion turbo systems. American muscle also is fantastic.
[/quote]American Muscle had a big problem with trying to do a Team Shelby member that took the membership screaming bloody murder to correct.
[quote name='jwrench75' timestamp='1352563799' post='843091']
I'd post this story in several mustang/ford performance type forums. Then send 'ol Gus's boss an email with an attachment of his saying thanks to your employee's sub standard customer service I have posted my issue with your company's advertising practices and service after the sale to every performance web forum I could find so that thousands of other would be customers may avoid the same fate. Good luck with your future business, (or lack thereof). Good day Sir!
[/quote]i did some of that. I posted the same on Team Shelby, SVTOA, and the BOSS forum.
Try Reox automotive in the burro he is a very good friend his name is Jeff Knox he holds the worlds fastest street car title for the past 3 years YouTube it, he knows a lot about POWER for your car, tell him Ted sent ya . He may be able to guide you through what you really may need.