Iran fires missle

laktrash

Looks like Iran fired a missle at one of our drones last week
amazing the info didn't come out before the election
not that it would have made a difference
[url="http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/08/iran-fired-at-us-drone-pentagon-says/"]http://www.foxnews.c...-pentagon-says/[/url] Edited by laktrash
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352408794' post='842013']That about sums it up.

Most of these as*h***s won't care about anything unless their Obamaphone stops working.[/quote]

Ever hear that Arabic accent ringtone " ring ring pickup the phone you infidel ring ring PICKUP UP THE PHONE YOU INFIDEL?"

We could go on all day thinking up ringtones for the obamaphones. LOL

[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352408794' post='842013']
That about sums it up.

Most of these as*h***s won't care about anything unless their Obamaphone stops working.
[/quote]

Or their food stamp cards....

Dave S
  • Like 1
Sheesh. While I am certainly no Iran apologist, would we not try to shoot down another country's drone if it was flying over our soil? Fellas, all of this neocon foreign policy adventurism is one of the reasons the Republican party is in the toilet.

FWIW, the Obamaphone is nothing new, although it is more frequent in its usage. The original program was Lifeline and it was created under the Reagan administration. During GW's term, cell phones started to be handed out. The whole thing is more entitlement freebie bs, but at least be fair in your criticism.
  • Like 3

[quote]
According to Little, two Iranian jets fired twice, missing on both attempts --
[left]
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Read more: [url="http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/08/iran-fired-at-us-drone-pentagon-says/#ixzz2BfecQxYa"]http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2BfecQxYa[/url][/background][/left]

[/quote]

[left][color=#000000][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Atleast they can't shoot down anything worth a squat ;) [/background][/color][/left]

Edited by xRUSTYx
[quote name='laktrash' timestamp='1352406257' post='841975']
Looks like Iran fired a missle at one of our drones last week
amazing the info didn't come out before the election
not that it would have made a difference
[url="http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/08/iran-fired-at-us-drone-pentagon-says/"]http://www.foxnews.c...-pentagon-says/[/url]
[/quote]

Fox really dropped the ball on not reporting before the election. O well, try again in 4.
[quote name='mav' timestamp='1352411650' post='842037']...FWIW, the Obamaphone is nothing new, although it is more frequent in its usage. The original program was Lifeline and it was created under the Reagan administration. During GW's term, cell phones started to be handed out. The whole thing is more entitlement freebie bs, but at least be fair in your criticism.
[/quote]We know...but the idiot on video a few weeks ago doesn't...facts are immaterial where Obama and his supporters are concerned.

Frankly, I wouldn't care if it had been initiated by George Washington himself; it's still not the government's business to use my money to pay for someone's telecommunication needs. Edited by RobertNashville
[quote name='RobertNashville' timestamp='1352412383' post='842047']
We know...
[/quote]

You may know, but I would be willing to bet money that most people, that includes some here, that are criticizing did not know.
  • Like 2

[quote name='mav' timestamp='1352413081' post='842066']
You may know, but I would be willing to bet money that most people, that includes some here, that are criticizing did not know.
[/quote]Yeah...but it was an Obama idiot (i.e. supporter) that coined the phrase "Obamaphone"; at least if I recall that video correctly - it was those folks I was using the phrase to identify - I'm pretty sure that it doesn't matter to her or to those like here, how the program first began. ;)

Humm?

"routine surveillance"?

...was not in Iranian airspace.

...and never entered the 12-mile limit that would constitute Iranian territory.
[color=#000000][left][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]
...this comes after a U.S. drone crashed[u] in Iran[/u] late last year.

[/background][/left][/color]
OK... if you say so!
[quote name='crimsonaudio' timestamp='1352419618' post='842123']
LOL, if we did this to an Iranian drone people would be cheering on our industrial-military complex...
[/quote]

Actually, we would send someone over to apologize along with a couple of billion dollars.
  • Like 1
Guns, not a missle were fired against a Predator drone thatwas conducting routine suveilance in international waters.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcsCO6b0RoA&feature=player_detailpage"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcsCO6b0RoA&feature=player_detailpage[/url]
[quote name='Wyldk2' timestamp='1352421738' post='842139']
Guns, not a missle were fired against a Predator drone thatwas conducting routine suveilance in international waters.
[/quote]

Doesn't make it any less of an act of war, and this is a perfect example of why it should be a requirement for any politician that oversees any military aspect, to have prior military service.

If it comes down to it, can congress act on a situation without regard to p0tus input? I have a feeling this is not going to calm down any time soon.
I was just correcting the OP. If they threw spitwads at us in the international waters it could be construed as an act of war By at least some warmongers. But one country's definition of international waters could be different than an other country's definition.

It seems Iran wants us to go to war with them. Pure stupidity on their part.
[quote name='Wyldk2' timestamp='1352424981' post='842179']
I was just correcting the OP. If they threw spitwads at us in the international waters it could be construed as an act of war By at least some warmongers. But one country's definition of international waters could be different than an other country's definition.

It seems Iran wants us to go to war with them. Pure stupidity on their part.
[/quote]Why? We will come in, blow some #### up, spend several hundred billion dollars rebuilding it all. Take us about fifteen years and it will all be good.

I am actually thinking that after the election, Israel has decided they are alone, and they are going to just nuke Iran.

Much more efficient.
international waters is from what I understand, 12 nautical miles from the coast of any country. If they're allowed to start making their own definitions, then most countries would probably call any ground covered by more than 2mm of water, international waters.
I'm in no way supporting Iran, but they have as much legal standing to shoot down a military drone in "international" waters observing their territory as we do in launching missile and drone strikes on sovereign nations. International waters is in quotes for two reasons.