Sig Mosquito Mags

Ill keep it sweat and short (just like she said,yeah yeah :))

I'm in need of some mags for my newly acquired Mosquito! Where the cheapest place to get them?

Also,does any body make aftermarket mags for these?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Halfpint

Only place I know of at the moment is Sig direct, from what I remember they're about $40 apiece. If you find some aftermarket or a cheaper source, be sure to post them--I'm on the lookout myself.

Guest darkstar

I don't think there is really any cheap alternative....I got a spare at my local gunshop for 32$ but I get a small discount for being a range member. It was a factory Sig magazine.

How do you like the mosquito? Which one do you have, I got the TB version (threaded barrel) I'll get a can for it at some point.

I have just the regular olé black/black version.

So far I like it! I put about 400 through it Thursday and it did pretty well when I oiled the ammo first using cheap ammo

I also have the plain version, but have CONSTANT failures to eject, stovepipes and the like. All the time, regardless of magazine, spring, or ammo. You say you oiled the ammo first? Maybe something I should try?

I also have the plain version, but have CONSTANT failures to eject, stovepipes and the like. All the time, regardless of magazine, spring, or ammo. You say you oiled the ammo first? Maybe something I should try?

Yup! I carry a tube of oil in my tool kit tucked away in me range bag,and after the first hand full of fte's I decided to try and squirt a couple drops of oil from the top down after the mag was loaded,

As long as the rounds were wet,I had no problems attall! But as soon as everything dried it was back to stovepipes!

Next time I think I will get a small can of aerosol oil to make it less messy,and maybe get better coverage

Guest darkstar

Have you tried CCI mini-mags? I put 500 through mine in the past few days ( I just got the gun Wednesday) and have had maybe 5 or so fte's.....I was shooting some super colibri's today through a can and had a lot of fte's....but you have to cycle by hand shooting those as they are primer only and won't cycle. I had a bunch stick in the chamber.

Guest mc30707

Mine feeds cci mini mags 100%. It doesn't like any of the cheap bulk ammo I've tried yet.

The reasoning for me getting a 22lr was to shoot cheeeepppp!!

CCI's cost nearly as much as Wolf 9mm ;)

I went today and put somewhere around 200 to 300 rounds of the brick from WalMart,and it did ok,not good but ok!The oiling really helped to bring the fte to next to nill!

How loud are those super colibri's with out a can?

Guest Mugster

I've got about 1200 rounds through mine, mostly federal 550 pack stuff from walmart.

The mosquito likes to run pretty wet, so lube up ;). If the ammo is at all decent it'll run pretty good. CCI mini-mags run flawless in mine. Haven't tried lubing the ammo, but i did see that somewhere, mebbe in the manual.

Guest darkstar
The reasoning for me getting a 22lr was to shoot cheeeepppp!!

CCI's cost nearly as much as Wolf 9mm :P

I went today and put somewhere around 200 to 300 rounds of the brick from WalMart,and it did ok,not good but ok!The oiling really helped to bring the fte to next to nill!

How loud are those super colibri's with out a can?

Pretty quiet, maybe like a soft handclap, in a can it sounds like a bb gun, all you really hear is the bullet hitting whatever it hits.

lol, americans never read the directions :)

hahahahah it's true! we don't read the directions. we make stuff work the way we think it should work. It doesn't matter if it wasn't supposed to work like that...heck, that's why most of us guys learned to weld :D

why this confounds the rest of the planet, I have no idea....

hahahahah it's true! we don't read the directions. we make stuff work the way we think it should work. It doesn't matter if it wasn't supposed to work like that...heck, that's why most of us guys learned to weld :D

why this confounds the rest of the planet, I have no idea....

In the case of a gun the directions say nothing more then to keep out of reach from children,never use reloaded ammunitions,blah,blah,blah...

I searched youtube to see how to breakdown,and through the directions in my gun box in the closet!

• 1 month later...
Guest Brian@GunDepot

Just a heads up, I was able to run an entire box of Federal Auto Match 325 bulk through a Mosquito tonight with zero problems.

Its common knowledge that the CCI mini mags work, but at least these are a little bit cheaper on the pocket if your into shooting it a lot.

nice!

I found that I had to oil the feed ramp on my wife's mosquito..that would allow the rounds to feed like they should. after a little looking I polished the throat and feed ramp on the pistol with a dremel...no more problems after that except to keep the feed ramp cleaned after every shoot.

Guest Mugster

Mine is now running like a champ. I guess i polished the feed ramp one round at a time. I do oil the ammo when i crack into another 550 pack. :)

I get about 1-2 jams in 10 mags worth. Heck, thats about the jam rate for this ammo in my 10/22, so its about the best you can hope for i think. For the cost of it, its worth it.

Edited by Mugster

The first two or three mags I ran through my Mosquito, I had about five failures of the slide to go completely into battery. A quick push put it back into battery. After those mags, my Mosquito has run 100%. Great pistol! Now I want to get a suppressor for it.

The best place I have found to get Mosquito mags is AIM Surplus. They have them for $30. AIM is also a great company to deal with.

I bought my Mosquito in Sept. 06 when they first came out. I had to experiment to figure out what ammo it liked. CCI Mini-Mags and Remington Golden Bullet HPs (bulk) work great in my gun. One thing that I found helps my gun run well is a thorough cleaning after each range trip as well as a generous amount of lube. I've actually been using grease and it's made me happy. When I shoot the bulk Remington ammo I get FTF/FTE about every 40-50 rounds, but that's about on par with other .22s I've owned.

• 1 month later...

My wife's hot pink Sig Mosquito is having a failure to lock back after the mag is emptied. Is that because of cheap Remington 550 ammo? Or because it's hot pink? LOL! I bought the Federal value pack to try and also the CCI Minimag stuff. I'll also generously oil it down and keep it wet to see if that helps.