Election leads to run on gun stocks

Guest CCI

[url="http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/11/07/guns-obama-smith-wesson-sturm-ruger/?iid=HP_River"]http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/11/07/guns-obama-smith-wesson-sturm-ruger/?iid=HP_River[/url]
I hate the freaking fear mongering. People get worked up into a frenzy and it hurts those of us who can't afford to just sit on 30k rounds of ammo at a time or have 500 magazines loaded to capacity. One thing is for certain though. We will just going to have to train more with headshots (wonder if my local range will left their policy on making headshots on their targets).

I think a limitation of arms and ammunition will inevitably lead to one thing, that all of us (criminals included) will become horribly efficient with what we already have. I'd rather be shot with someone spraying and praying than by somebody who has trained to be a one-shot-one-kill ninja (if I had to choose between the two)

Fear mongering is what happens when a threat called tyranny is apparent. You may hate it, but this ain't Utopia.

What do you think happen to cause the American Revolution? Tyranny by the King! It cause people to do the
same thing until it came to resolve. It happens. It may happen again.

Unless you mean by "fear mongering" being just a derisive word of lunatics. :D

[quote name='PolePosition' timestamp='1352394464' post='841836']
(wonder if my local range will left their policy on making headshots on their targets).
[/quote]
Are you talking about Range USA? If so I don't think they really care about that. We were doing head shots in the classes I took there.

Not to go off course here. Just letting you know. Edited by maroonandwhite
[quote name='maroonandwhite' timestamp='1352398471' post='841892']
Are you talking about Range USA? If so I don't think they really care about that. We were doing head shots in the classes I took there.

Not to go off course here. Just letting you know.[/quote]

The way I had my target hung once(R USA), I was shooting higher up than the rangemaster liked. I was told to move it down. It was a matter of reducing the likelihood of hitting their equipment.

Yeah. I assume they have a real problem with folks shooting the equipment. I did not shoot head shots there because of all of the signs up at first. Once I took some classes I asked the instructor and he pretty much said the same. It keeps all the less experienced folks from shooting the equipment.
i have been coming to the big gun show in tulsa for many years. i usually unload on thursday i couldnt unload to good today because people were trying to buy stuff you are not allowed to sell on thursday just unload there were several hundred people trying to get in to buy i have never seen anything like it
[quote name='dlm37015' timestamp='1352429875' post='842218']
i have been coming to the big gun show in tulsa for many years. i usually unload on thursday i couldnt unload to good today because people were trying to buy stuff you are not allowed to sell on thursday just unload there were several hundred people trying to get in to buy i have never seen anything like it
[/quote]

That's good though. That's what pays for lights, food and F-Super duty trucks! I hope you come home with a trailer full of empty carts and a wallet that won't fold!

[quote name='maroonandwhite' timestamp='1352401416' post='841934']
I have decided to have a "shooting pile" and a "stash pile" for that same reason. I can't go buy it without wanting to shoot it!
[/quote]

When you buy, just buy a little extra each time like I do. It does not take to long to have some extra. :D